Like Tree11337Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Brother Mike it's cool bruh. It's peace don't let em bring you out of character man. I'm not tripping as long as its no disrespect we good. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. No hard feelings what's so ever. I'm well educated with a college degree from a very prestigious HBCU (MorehouseCollege) to be exact. Mind over matter and words over forums never bother me I'm not that sensitive lol. So how about those Knicks? Lol
    Here is your quote that you seem to have forgotten.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    The ignorance kills me. How do you not know what an HBCU is. Smh. That goes to show you the over ration of college. Dude probably Caucasian with all do respect but most African Americans know what an HBCU is. Look up Morehouse College my brother enlighten yourself. For one its the same college Dr. King attended and graduated from as well as Spike Lee, Samuel L. Jackson and a few other prominent black folk. Do your research. Know your history!!

Here is another arrogant quote that you made. The funny thing is you don't even realize these are borderline racist statements.

Any way I am done talking to you.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Sorry guys, i just checked my PM for the first time in weeks. I just responded to every one of them i believe so whoever pm'ed me over the last few weeks can check theirs now for my response.

TomfromQueens im waiting on your answer lol.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Sorry guys, i just checked my PM for the first time in weeks. I just responded to every one of them i believe so whoever pm'ed me over the last few weeks can check theirs now for my response.

TomfromQueens im waiting on your answer lol.
    Good luck bro , doesn't found like hour gonna need it . When you graduate let us know what houses you recvomend.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I don't see what race has to do with it but PM me and I'll be happy to listen to why I'm acting like an idiot and explain my point of view.
    I understand your point of view. But the test is long done with. Complaining now and picking fights with a black guy isn't doing much to gain you credibility.

Forum Member

http://www.crazyphotos.com/Lazy-Firefighter.html

Well, that's one way to reduce the heart attack rate.
    That's what your standard attack line looks like in the field. Don't listen to anything they say in the academy. We fight fires in lawn chairs.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    That's what your standard attack line looks like in the field. Don't listen to anything they say in the academy. We fight fires in lawn chairs.
    Do we bring our own or are they dept issued?

Forum Member

I am not picking fights. I asked what he meant by his accusations and he attacked my intelligence several times. I never mentioned my race nor his. I understand it's a dead point. I won't waste any more space. Just had to correct his lies about my previous posts.

Forum Member

What is a dengerlusly high heart weight when training with the vest. I think I was at like 162 the ober day.

Forum Member

I know it's still early but I'm eagerly anticipating those run letters (emails) in dec/ early jan.
    Prosc15 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    I know it's still early but I'm eagerly anticipating those run letters (emails) in dec/ early jan.
    They'll be here before you know it.
    Medic2312 likes this.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

http://nypost.com/2014/08/17/2-uncon...partment-fire/

Proby with a grab today. Some more motivation for ya!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    As far as the exam goes. Just go to whatever review the Vulcan society is having. It's generally free or very cheap and is always the closest to what the test will be like. I paid a lot of money for a course and went to the Vulcans review and I wish I never spent the money and went to the course. The vulcans always have the inside info and because I went is the reason I scored so high and am in the academy. I knew exactly how to answer all those silly questions.

And +1 to what spiderneck said. I'm having a blast, but PT is definitely not my favorite thing haha. It's brutal.

Hey careful. You dont want the DI's to check this forum and find out that you're "having a blast" lol.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post

Is it me or is there a pattern forming. Third one ive heard of this year. Kinda proud to be a "proby" now haha.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Funny thing about that pic is that its real lol. Place looks like a total loss anyway so theyre like "f*ck it we'll just sit here and keep it contained til the fuel is all gone".
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Is it me or is there a pattern forming. Third one ive heard of this year. Kinda proud to be a "proby" now haha.
    Yeah I think this is the third or fourth.

Forum Member

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...t-fdny-academy

Apparently somewhere between 2-9 probys got MRSA at the academy and had to be put on leave. Surprised I found out via news rather than here lol.
    Becuz THIS is the kind of stuff we dont go online talking about. Havent had a chance to come on here until the weekend so i know its a late response.

P.S: Sorry for multiple post. I cant reply the proper way on my phone. See u guys later.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What is a dengerlusly high heart weight when training with the vest. I think I was at like 162 the ober day.
    It really depends on what type of exercise you are doing and what your resting heart rate is. If it's cardio I would say start to worry if you reach 200. 160 is fine

Forum Member

Wow this academy is starting week 6 already?!!! Almost to the mid terms. They must be getting this jan class together soon and sending packets out soon after that. Time is flying

How many people are still at the rock in this current class?

Forum Member

I was at the jahb today. Took a couple pictures. Even though they're not directly within Battalion 4's, the guys has been getting grabs here and there this week. That's the 2nd job this past week for Battalion 4 with grabs. Not that I'm implying anything
    Last edited by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City; 08-18-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Forum Member

During the medical does the staurmaster have a timer like on most stair masters?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    During the medical does the staurmaster have a timer like on most stair masters?
    Yes. It's very small timer on the screen. The heart rate monitor is a watch attached to the hand rail.

Forum Member

Any of you potential Jan 15'rs start reading through the manual yet? Stuff is so dense and tough to retain. I'm trying to follow their study plan. Each week seems like a hell of a lot more than a week's worth though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Any of you potential Jan 15'rs start reading through the manual yet? Stuff is so dense and tough to retain. I'm trying to follow their study plan. Each week seems like a hell of a lot more than a week's worth though.
    It's less than what's expected of you at the rock. The difference is some of the stuff only starts to make sense when someone else explains/demonstrates.

Forum Member

I just want to throw this out there that I heard a rumor from more than 1 reliable source that there is a possibility of the Winter class starting in November and overlapping the current class by about 2 weeks. Now... don't everybody go out and start saying that the class will definitely start in November and start asking me who told me and all that. Its just a possibility and a rumor at this point. What I can tell you is that my source isn't just some guy who heard somewhere, Its someone who has a good idea of what is going on. Again, a possibility but not a guarantee.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

Thread Information