Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 955 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595295395495595695795896510051055 ... LastLast
Results 19,081 to 19,100 of 23940
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    "FST is harder for smaller people"

Not particularly. Yeah things are heavier but those tunnels are a breeze
    I got nothing against the females ff but instead of bitching and trying to sue why don't they get together and train these new females candidates to pass what they once passed when they was in the academy ...,
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I got nothing against the females ff but instead of bitching and trying to sue why don't they get together and train these new females candidates to pass what they once passed when they was in the academy ...,
    Hell yeah! This is an excellent point!…. Fires are Fires…. They don't look at male or female, and the fdny knows this. They should train together to pass.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Im sorry man, but I don't want people to get there hopes up and just rely on this. People should pursue back ups or other careers. But your 98, you should be fine.
    Im just jk. I hope it does go further down the list but you are right about people needing to pursue back up plans with real effort in the meantime.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

we should be getting a new batch of packets sent out any time now, right? intakes for late april and may, no?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Hey all, i am curious as to what you guys think i should do. I had my intake interview on january 16th i believe and at the time, my interviewer kept telling me that our paperwork would not take precedant till after february 18th; im assuming because they were processing the current class. At the time my interviewer wanted me to bring some other documents and she wrote on the checklist "due 02/18." Now my question is this, do i send the documents in? Do i email them as well? Do i show up on that date? I have been trying to contact her but have not received any reply yet. I ask because i know we kept getting told over and over not to show up without an appointment, feb 18 is pretty vague. Also the documents she wants need to be notarized so i would assume, originals would be fairly important; at the very least to note that she has seen it. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techcafiend View Post
    Hey all, i am curious as to what you guys think i should do. I had my intake interview on january 16th i believe and at the time, my interviewer kept telling me that our paperwork would not take precedant till after february 18th; im assuming because they were processing the current class. At the time my interviewer wanted me to bring some other documents and she wrote on the checklist "due 02/18." Now my question is this, do i send the documents in? Do i email them as well? Do i show up on that date? I have been trying to contact her but have not received any reply yet. I ask because i know we kept getting told over and over not to show up without an appointment, feb 18 is pretty vague. Also the documents she wants need to be notarized so i would assume, originals would be fairly important; at the very least to note that she has seen it. Thanks in advance.
    I've emailed in the past. I've snail mailed. Do whatever works. It's YOUR future. It would take me 5 calls and 5 messages to get one in return. Do what you gotta do. Worse comes to worse, show up the 18th and say you have an appointment.

Forum Member

My investigator basically told me the same thing. Although he was a bit more straightforward once I asked him what his preference for being contacted was. He said he was going to be swamped until after the 18th. He told me to email him once I got everything together and he would contact me back to set up an appointment so we can sit down and go over it all in person. That's what I'm going on for now. If anything changes regarding this I'll be sure to post it.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Next batch of packets would probably be for the class of July 2016 . Based on what we were told at the rock for Cpat training . The July class this year . May reach into the 1400s and that may even be a stretch

Forum Member

you mean 2015...

hoping we get to 1800 for the next class... still these next batch of packets should be coming sorta soon i think/hope
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Next batch of packets would probably be for the class of July 2016 . Based on what we were told at the rock for Cpat training . The July class this year . May reach into the 1400s and that may even be a stretch
    what have they been saying at cpat training?

Forum Member

Yea my bad 2015 . I'll pm u
    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    what have they been saying at cpat training?

Forum Member

I have a few residency requirement questions. I have heard some stories about people having a really hard time and it made me a little nervous.

As far as a credit card statement. I have a credit card with my name that I do not use, It's cosighned or a joint account with a family member. If I were to call I would be able to receive my info as far as purchases but not the family members purchases since its a different card number. Is this good enough and considered my card?

Also do security licenses or driver licenses work as proofs? I have both of those?

I also have a chase account that is a joint account with the same family member but It is also a different card number and has my name on it, and My direct deposit goes into it.

I believe I might have had a cell phone in my name for the time period, I have to double check, soon after or during I transferred it to a family plan under another persons name.

I have 3 W2's from different jobs for the year. 1 is year round and the other is seasonal.
    Sorry but Im trying to gather this all before I don't have access to it and a story I just heard has me worried. I literally have lived with my family always.

Edit: Well bad news I transferred my cell out of my name fully jan 19 2011. So I guess I literally don't have enough to prove residency now as far I know, despite living here my whole life.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-17-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    "FST is harder for smaller people"

Not particularly. Yeah things are heavier but those tunnels are a breeze
    Those tunnels are a real pain for us tall people but everyone is different. Some benefit from one event from another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I don't know why, either. We have females in the class who are kicking *** physically and academically which would make those against the standards arguments null.

It never hurts to send those documents in, just make sure you keep copies and receive verification that your investigator got them. Be persistent, call and call and call but DON'T SHOW UP UNLESS THEY SAY SO.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I have a few residency requirement questions. I have heard some stories about people having a really hard time and it made me a little nervous.

As far as a credit card statement. I have a credit card with my name that I do not use, It's cosighned or a joint account with a family member. If I were to call I would be able to receive my info as far as purchases but not the family members purchases since its a different card number. Is this good enough and considered my card?

Also do security licenses or driver licenses work as proofs? I have both of those?

I also have a chase account that is a joint account with the same family member but It is also a different card number and has my name on it, and My direct deposit goes into it.

I believe I might have had a cell phone in my name for the time period, I have to double check, soon after or during I transferred it to a family plan under another persons name.

I have 3 W2's from different jobs for the year. 1 is year round and the other is seasonal.
    Sorry but Im trying to gather this all before I don't have access to it and a story I just heard has me worried. I literally have lived with my family always.

Edit: Well bad news I transferred my cell out of my name fully jan 19 2011. So I guess I literally don't have enough to prove residency now as far I know, despite living here my whole life.
    Dude, you need to get creative. Find anything that meets the standard of the NOE. If you have to, use those joint accounts. I don't remember seeing anything prohibiting joint accounts.

Good Luck All, hang in there. Its a tough process but when you get there it will be the very least of your worries. DON'T FORGET TO STUDY! Manuals and Prep Guides are online and it won't hurt to take an hour or two to review each chapter.
    JDNY13 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the 8 week study guide online follows the order they teach in the classroom?

Forum Member

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but I can't find anything as there is 100's of pages of posts here.

Should I buy a 80lbs or 60lbs vest to train for the stairs?

How many months before my CPAT test should I start training for the stairs? I don't want to go overkill here and get burnt out. My list number is in mid 2000's.

I assume that the stairs is the only thing I really need to train for or can train for?

Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

Forum Member

Stairs might just be the easy part my man. U should be training for everything . Run . Run, run . Improve your cardio , work on muscle endurance . Work on your grip strength.

Fact is. U should start training NOW....

UOTE=SirEd;1401105]Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but I can't find anything as there is 100's of pages of posts here.

How many months before my CPAT test should I start training for the stairs? I don't want to go overkill here and get burnt out. My list number is in mid 2000's.

I assume that the stairs is the only thing I really need to train for or can train for?

Thank you for any help anyone can give me.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but I can't find anything as there is 100's of pages of posts here.

I'm in the 4000s, figure I'm looking at a 2016 class, but I'm training now. Why wait to train? Really, you're not just training for the FDNY, you're training to become stronger for the rest of your life. The earlier you train, the easier it will be. Never too early man. And you never know, you may get called for a class earlier than you had anticipated...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post

ive said it before and ill say it again for the newer people here. Specific training delivers specific results.

On that note, 80lb weight vest

The way to avoid over kill or burning out is to progressively increase from week to week. Start training yesterday.

For the CPAT you can only train for the specific event(without some resources i don't have) of the stairs...But that doesn't mean you cant strength train

Good Luck

Forum Member

You can definitely do exercises that simulate almost every aspect of the cpat aside from the search which has nothing to do with strength.

But cardio is definitely the most important thing. Cardio, push ups, pull ups, dips, squats. The most basic but best exercises.

Forum Member

So sick and tired of this ****ing snow. It seems like the past month I've gone running a handful of times. From 80 miles a month to only 17 so far this month. I'm going in July so I won't have to worry about ice so why run in it and risk blowing my knee out. It was to the point I actually enjoy running and now I'm withdrawing and jonesing because I can't run. I just needed to vent and get that of my chest lol.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and JDNY13 like this.

Thread Information