Like Tree11276Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Thanks bklnFDNY, appreciate the response, unlike these other cats on here that wanna answer with a fat dick up their ***. Yeah man the wait sucks, I been working out like crazy, eating healthy. Right now sitting at 225 with 12% body fat. I even stopped playing football and boxing just so I can focus on strictly running. When u think the next set of packets coming out? Any clue?
    Why should anyone bother to answer your questions if you respond like a child when you don't hear what you want?

Forum Member

Thanks bklnFDNY, appreciate the response, unlike these other cats on here that wanna answer with a fat dick up their ***. Yeah man the wait sucks, I been working out like crazy, eating healthy. Right now sitting at 225 with 12% body fat. I even stopped playing football and boxing just so I can focus on strictly running. When u think the next set of packets coming out? Any clue?
    Yeah dude grow up. You sound like a kid in the car asking his parents "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" And the answer is always No.

Whether you get your packet tomorrow or in December you know you have a shot at either July 2015 or Jan 2016. Keep training hard like you say you do because that's all you have control of. You will get more than enough notice after your packet to get your paperwork, and prepare for the CPAT and medical.

Don't disrespect members on this forum especially those OTJ that come here on their own time to do a good deed and answer questions. You don't contribute anything to this forum but take up forum space by asking the same unanswerable question. I myself try to answer questions because I have finished up all the steps of the process and know that candidates like yourself will go through the same steps and I can help answer questions. This forum was a goldmine for me because guys have been very helpful and therefore my process so far has been smooth and without hiccups. I'll will try to give back even when I am in the academy and someday OTJ. Don't disrespect other members because guys like yourself are the reason many guys OTJ don't waste their time and come here anymore.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Lol aghh man, this forum... Let me be gathered. Ok buddy, I appreciate all advice. I'm a fan of keeping it blunt (on certain situations), but no need for the rudeness, that's what I was referring too. I've never replied to anyone rudely because at the end of the day we are all on the same mission. Keep it real, just be cool about it that's all. No need for discouragement, if you don't like what someone is asking, simply do not reply. Leave it to somebody else.

As far as OTJ, I would never disrespect someone on this job. This has been my goal since I was 18. I ask the same questions because hey I might get a different answer if I ask every 4-5weeks. There is nothing wrong with that. Little *** kid huh? Lol no prob dude, speak freely. Good luck to everyone
    Last edited by Herc_1812; 08-20-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

Forum Member

You guys a reall depressing me with these list projections. I just hope they reach all the 98s

Forum Member

Lol aghh man, this forum... Let me be gathered. Ok buddy, I appreciate all advice. I'm a fan of keeping it blunt (on certain situations), but no need for the rudeness, that's what I was referring too. I've never replied to anyone rudely because at the end of the day we are all on the same mission. Keep it real, just be cool about it that's all. No need for discouragement, if you don't like what someone is asking, simply do not reply. Leave it to somebody else.

As far as OTJ, I would never disrespect someone on this job. This has been my goal since I was 18. I ask the same questions because hey I might get a different answer if I ask every 4-5weeks. There is nothing wrong with that. Little *** kid huh? Lol no prob dude, speak freely. Good luck to everyone
    Any idea when packets might be goin out, bro?
    bk60191983, DannyD0pe and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

I had my medical today and the instructor pretty much flat out said all the talk about having 3 classes next year, or having a classes overlapping each other, or one starting before January is bull****. Only4 classes left. 2 in 2015, and 2 in 2016 unless the list is extended which he painted as very unlikely. The stair master sucks!
    bk60191983 and DannyD0pe like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    I had my medical today and the instructor pretty much flat out said all the talk about having 3 classes next year, or having a classes overlapping each other, or one starting before January is bull****. Only4 classes left. 2 in 2015, and 2 in 2016 unless the list is extended which he painted as very unlikely. The stair master sucks!
    No Jan 17? That seems odd. Probably just an oversight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    No Jan 17? That seems odd. Probably just an oversight.
    Those were his words unless something changes, but he adamantly ruled out the other stuff.

Forum Member

Nice to see psychs finally hitting 2000s.. Still waiting on my psych letter 21xx. Medical was done last week. Planning to be bald this winter
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Yea jan 17 is gonna happen. It's a July 17 class that's a big maybe. I could see them moving it up to squeeze on last class in for the sake of the PR that the list could receive who got hired what type of people etc.

Also they'll use the list if the next test rollout etc catches a snag. Otherwise expect July 17 to be the first class off of the new teSt. With a few recycles and military from the last test

Forum Member

Your smartas.s reply was to someone OTJ so so much for that. The FH can weed out phonies really quickly if you decide to be selective in which people you show respect towards. But please don't let me stop you from thinking everyone else is wrong and you're right.
    MuscleHamster likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    He's not a nut lol. I think he had a run in with the cops like 7 years ago they wanted to talk to him about. Guess he didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. Idk. Anyways, to the psych test I wore button down, tie and pants. Most people just wore jeans and a t-shirt. Don forget your cheat sheet with school history, work history, family info and all that other tedious info you out in your original packet bc you'll have to know it to fill out more paperwork.
    Damn something 7 years ago DQ'd him?! I'm nervous now. Did he see it coming?

Is he gonna appeal this decision? How long after the psych did they DQ him?

Pm me if that's easier. I keep hearing about probies with past charges etc and I'm here sweating a late payment on an old credit card and a few tickets

Forum Member

This place is getting filled with crap. How about this rule. If you have an opinion other than guessing list number ranges just keep it to yourself.

No one on here cares about any of this other nonsense. Whose a college boy, whose a big baby, whatever. The academy and firehouse will sort them out. We all know it's not going to get sorted here on a forum.
    bkopie and Herc_1812 like this.

Forum Member

I know everyone is trying to project classes and such, but you really can't. Forget overlapping. That will NEVER happen. There is simply not enough room at The Rock. Since running classes of 300+, the closest they've come to overlapping was having one class come in in suits for their first Monday, while it was the current classes last Monday. Meaning, you were having that first paper-work day and then a day at the Quartermaster in Queens the week that the last class was graduating.

I'd say that's a little more back-to back than overlapping. You might see this again, its all about the budget.

If you think you're on the bubble, there's just one thing to do.....get ready for the next test.
    Medic2312 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Your smartas.s reply was to someone OTJ so so much for that. The FH can weed out phonies really quickly if you decide to be selective in which people you show respect towards. But please don't let me stop you from thinking everyone else is wrong and you're right.
    Nobody is being disrespectful dude. Relax man. We all here for the same thing. I have family in the FDNY, last thing I'll do is show disrespect. There just isn't no need to shut a question down that someone is asking, that's all I'm saying. Get what I'm saying now?
    Exam 2000
    List# : 30xx

Forum Member

Thanks bklnFDNY, appreciate the response, unlike these other cats on here that wanna answer with a fat dick up their ***.
    Nobody is being disrespectful dude.
    Umm... What?

Forum Member

Kind of a weird question for the guys OTJ. A buddy of mine is a proby now & the way he explains it, cooking is a huge thing.. I just wanted to see if it's like that at most houses? Do the probys do most of the cooking & make breakfast for the house etc etc. I suck at cooking & need to know if cooking needs to be part of my training regiment now lol
    Test: 2000
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Kind of a weird question for the guys OTJ. A buddy of mine is a proby now & the way he explains it, cooking is a huge thing.. I just wanted to see if it's like that at most houses? Do the probys do most of the cooking & make breakfast for the house etc etc. I suck at cooking & need to know if cooking needs to be part of my training regiment now lol
    This is not something you need to worry about at all. We eat together and having some time to sit (like family) and B.S. is a key part of making it through the day. It's about bonding and dealing with the tough aspects of this job.

Everyone shops, everyone eats and everyone pays together. It's not so much about the food and what not, it's about the spirit of the family-bonding element of this job. Being away from home for 24 hours is tough, everyone has family/kids they're missing and these little elements of firehouse life make it bearable.

Never be "out on the meal". Once you're out, you're OUT. Never complains about what's cooked. Just sit, pay and enjoy the firehouse kitchen. It's a great place. Remember, change for this job, don't expect the job to change for you.

As has been said for decades.....
    Take this job and love it.
    My1Goal, fdnybk, J0hnnyb0y and 2 others like this.

Forum Member

Agree^^^^
    It does help though to have a few recipes in your back pocket.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

How much do the meals usually cost?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    How much do the meals usually cost?
    Lol that made me laugh. I hope it was an intended joke.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    This is not something you need to worry about at all. We eat together and having some time to sit (like family) and B.S. is a key part of making it through the day. It's about bonding and dealing with the tough aspects of this job.

Everyone shops, everyone eats and everyone pays together. It's not so much about the food and what not, it's about the spirit of the family-bonding element of this job. Being away from home for 24 hours is tough, everyone has family/kids they're missing and these little elements of firehouse life make it bearable.

Never be "out on the meal". Once you're out, you're OUT. Never complains about what's cooked. Just sit, pay and enjoy the firehouse kitchen. It's a great place. Remember, change for this job, don't expect the job to change for you.

As has been said for decades.....
    Take this job and love it.
    Thanks for the response southbx, it really feels like we're all working towards joining a family & not a job.

But when you say you sit around & BS, isn't is frowned upon to be a proby doing nothing at any given time? For example my buddy sweeps around the entrance while the guys are smoking just so he's still doing something. Or can you actually sit down some days & relax with everyone.
    Test: 2000
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

But when you say you sit around & BS, isn't is frowned upon to be a proby doing nothing at any given time? For example my buddy sweeps around the entrance while the guys are smoking just so he's still doing something. Or can you actually sit down some days & relax with everyone.
    That's correct. The meal is big because it's something we all do together. It helps to have some idea of how to cook beforehand but if not you'll learn.

Forum Member

Do probies ever bring in a bunch of steaks instead of desserts? Got so many friends that are butchers just got me thinking.

Forum Member

Thanks for the response southbx, it really feels like we're all working towards joining a family & not a job.

You should be the last guy to sit when it's mealtime and the first one up and cleaning, but during chow you sit and eat with everyone. I wouldn't talk so much.......but it's there that you get to know everyone and everyone gets to know you.

Don't worry about knowing how to cook. If you can, great. If you can't.....you'll learn.

Thread Information