Like Tree9826Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Why would you need copies of your W2s for all those years? I thought it was only the social security print out. And the w2 for the residency year

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Why would you need copies of your W2s for all those years? I thought it was only the social security print out. And the w2 for the residency year
    I tried searching the thread and multiple people said:

a) they brought 5 years
    b) they brought only for residency

So... no help lol
    Last edited by bkopie; 08-22-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Easiest - contact former employer. I think they have to keep on file for like a minimum of 4 years or something.
    Last resort - http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc159.html
    Thanks for the info.
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I tried searching the thread and multiple people said:

a) they brought 5 years
    b) they brought only for residency

So... no help lol
    I used 2010 & 2011 W2's for residency. Didn't need any additional years.
    Last edited by Smoove; 08-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    J0hnnyb0y and bkopie like this.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

In total how many days at the minimum will I need to take off for processing including these voluntary dates. I spoke to my boss and I have 28 sick days to burn

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    In total how many days at the minimum will I need to take off for processing including these voluntary dates. I spoke to my boss and I have 28 sick days to burn
    1 for cpat practice. 1 for cpat. 1 for intake. 2 for medical (incase you fail stairs). 1 for psych. figure another 1 if you need to bring any other documents. and then how ever many you need for the cpat preps your going to attend at the rock. safely at least 8-10 i would say depending on when you work.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

How are the guys without cars getting out to the rock? taxi/car service? Does the FDNY reimburse you for travel to these events?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    How are the guys without cars getting out to the rock? taxi/car service? Does the FDNY reimburse you for travel to these events?
    Hahaha. No. Take the train/bus. I've walked and still do now when I have to go back to the rock. At one of these sessions try and find someone that lives near you and see about carpooling.

Forum Member

If the info session starts at 6 how early should we be? Also what time can we expect to get out at? Just curious, thanks

Forum Member

If I remember correctly, for the CPAT Information session, instructors will ask why you are late in front of the full auditorium if you arrive after everyone is seated. If possible, I would give yourself plenty of time, as traffic can be heavy and unpredictable around the time of the Info session @ 6pm. Also, once you are on Randalls Island it can be somewhat confusing navigating your way to the Academy..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by New Flyer View Post
    If I remember correctly, for the CPAT Information session, instructors will ask why you are late in front of the full auditorium if you arrive after everyone is seated. If possible, I would give yourself plenty of time, as traffic can be heavy and unpredictable around the time of the Info session @ 6pm. Also, once you are on Randalls Island it can be somewhat confusing navigating your way to the Academy..
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by New Flyer View Post
    I'm working until 2pm that day in midtown, I'm afraid to travel back to Staten Island, get home around 3 usually, just to then try to get to Randall's island around rush hour, just going to go straight from work lol be real early

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    I'm working until 2pm that day in midtown, I'm afraid to travel back to Staten Island, get home around 3 usually, just to then try to get to Randall's island around rush hour, just going to go straight from work lol be real early
    I'm going from Staten Island

Forum Member

When I had to go to Randall's island for the cpat classes and for the informational session, I left Staten Island around 3:45-4 each time. Sometimes I'd get there by 5:15, other times around 5:50, just depended on the traffic and weather on that particular day. Remember, being on time is late! Just get there early and wait it out, and just enjoy the experience.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

Forum Member

Thanks, Appreciate it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    Kill some time in Manhattan first. They aren't going to let you into the academy at 3pm.

Forum Member

Guys a quick heads up in regards to strength training. DO IT! Especially if you're small. Alot of small guys with excellent cardio are failing FST. A guy even quit the academy yesterday immediately after FST; said he just couldnt take it anymore. He was on the small side. On the other hand, a lot of big dummies failing acedemics are banging FST out tho. I know this has been said b4 but just stressing it again here. Dont go so crazy doing cardio that you lose ur strength and muscle becuz you need a good combination of both to get thru here.

My FST time improved by a full minutes and 24 seconds; ON AIR! On to week 7. Feeling good. Over and out.
    bk60191983 and BklynFDNY89 like this.

Forum Member

Thanks for that Spider. Keep at it man.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Guys a quick heads up in regards to strength training. DO IT! Especially if you're small. Alot of small guys with excellent cardio are failing FST. A guy even quit the academy yesterday immediately after FST; said he just couldnt take it anymore. He was on the small side. On the other hand, a lot of big dummies failing acedemics are banging FST out tho. I know this has been said b4 but just stressing it again here. Dont go so crazy doing cardio that you lose ur strength and muscle becuz you need a good combination of both to get thru here.

My FST time improved by a full minutes and 24 seconds; ON AIR! On to week 7. Feeling good. Over and out.
    Thanks spider. Exactly why I don't completely drop the weights. I'm at the smaller side at 140lbs. I have days dedicated to building strength on compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses and bent over rows. I want to go in well rounded. I want to over prepare myself so my experience could be as exciting as yours.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post

Pssssh, I shaved off a full 2:30 off my time... But I also screwed up royally the first time I did FST lol.

Also they said we should have our week in the field Columbus day week and the week of October 20th.

Forum Member

I'm 6'3" about 192 looking to gain 5-10 lbs by academy. I feel like I'm on the small side. Maybe not?

Forum Member

That's a perfect weight. That's what I am and I'm handling things well. My cardio was not as great so PT for me is a challenge but fst I'm pretty good at. Sub 13 min time on air.

You definitely need a balance of strength and cardio but cardio is huge and way more important for the majority of things that you'll be doing.
    thirdtimesacharm likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Kill some time in Manhattan first. They aren't going to let you into the academy at 3pm.
    Oh no I didn't plan on going straight there lol, gonna grab a bite or something, just doesn't make sense for me to take the hour trip home just to be home 20 minutes and go right back in that direction.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    That's a perfect weight. That's what I am and I'm handling things well. My cardio was not as great so PT for me is a challenge but fst I'm pretty good at. Sub 13 min time on air.

You definitely need a balance of strength and cardio but cardio is huge and way more important for the majority of things that you'll be doing.
    Great. What's an ideal fst time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Great. What's an ideal fst time?
    Well considering you need to pass hands on and academics individually to get out of the academy, a 75 in FST is effectively the same as a 100 (i.e a high FST score can't bring up a low academic/hands on grade to let you pass the academy).

So "ideal" is really just a personal thing. I'd say as long as you are passing (17:30) and improving each week you should be pretty happy with that.
    NYgrad2012 likes this.

Thread Information