Like Tree9826Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #23926
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Why would you need copies of your W2s for all those years? I thought it was only the social security print out. And the w2 for the residency year

  2. #23927
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Why would you need copies of your W2s for all those years? I thought it was only the social security print out. And the w2 for the residency year
    I tried searching the thread and multiple people said:

    a) they brought 5 years
    b) they brought only for residency

    So... no help lol
    Last edited by bkopie; 08-22-2014 at 02:59 PM.

  3. #23928
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Easiest - contact former employer. I think they have to keep on file for like a minimum of 4 years or something.
    Last resort - http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc159.html
    Thanks for the info.
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

  4. #23929
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I tried searching the thread and multiple people said:

    a) they brought 5 years
    b) they brought only for residency

    So... no help lol
    I used 2010 & 2011 W2's for residency. Didn't need any additional years.
    Last edited by Smoove; 08-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    J0hnnyb0y and bkopie like this.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

  5. #23930
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    296

    Default

    In total how many days at the minimum will I need to take off for processing including these voluntary dates. I spoke to my boss and I have 28 sick days to burn

  6. #23931
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    In total how many days at the minimum will I need to take off for processing including these voluntary dates. I spoke to my boss and I have 28 sick days to burn
    1 for cpat practice. 1 for cpat. 1 for intake. 2 for medical (incase you fail stairs). 1 for psych. figure another 1 if you need to bring any other documents. and then how ever many you need for the cpat preps your going to attend at the rock. safely at least 8-10 i would say depending on when you work.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

  7. #23932
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    How are the guys without cars getting out to the rock? taxi/car service? Does the FDNY reimburse you for travel to these events?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

  8. #23933
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    How are the guys without cars getting out to the rock? taxi/car service? Does the FDNY reimburse you for travel to these events?
    Hahaha. No. Take the train/bus. I've walked and still do now when I have to go back to the rock. At one of these sessions try and find someone that lives near you and see about carpooling.

  9. #23934
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    231

    Default

    If the info session starts at 6 how early should we be? Also what time can we expect to get out at? Just curious, thanks

  10. #23935
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    If I remember correctly, for the CPAT Information session, instructors will ask why you are late in front of the full auditorium if you arrive after everyone is seated. If possible, I would give yourself plenty of time, as traffic can be heavy and unpredictable around the time of the Info session @ 6pm. Also, once you are on Randalls Island it can be somewhat confusing navigating your way to the Academy..

  11. #23936
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Flyer View Post
    If I remember correctly, for the CPAT Information session, instructors will ask why you are late in front of the full auditorium if you arrive after everyone is seated. If possible, I would give yourself plenty of time, as traffic can be heavy and unpredictable around the time of the Info session @ 6pm. Also, once you are on Randalls Island it can be somewhat confusing navigating your way to the Academy..
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it

  12. #23937
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Flyer View Post
    If I remember correctly, for the CPAT Information session, instructors will ask why you are late in front of the full auditorium if you arrive after everyone is seated. If possible, I would give yourself plenty of time, as traffic can be heavy and unpredictable around the time of the Info session @ 6pm. Also, once you are on Randalls Island it can be somewhat confusing navigating your way to the Academy..
    I'm working until 2pm that day in midtown, I'm afraid to travel back to Staten Island, get home around 3 usually, just to then try to get to Randall's island around rush hour, just going to go straight from work lol be real early

  13. #23938
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    I'm working until 2pm that day in midtown, I'm afraid to travel back to Staten Island, get home around 3 usually, just to then try to get to Randall's island around rush hour, just going to go straight from work lol be real early
    I'm going from Staten Island

  14. #23939
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    When I had to go to Randall's island for the cpat classes and for the informational session, I left Staten Island around 3:45-4 each time. Sometimes I'd get there by 5:15, other times around 5:50, just depended on the traffic and weather on that particular day. Remember, being on time is late! Just get there early and wait it out, and just enjoy the experience.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

  15. #23940
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Thanks, Appreciate it!

  16. #23941
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    I'm working until 2pm that day in midtown, I'm afraid to travel back to Staten Island, get home around 3 usually, just to then try to get to Randall's island around rush hour, just going to go straight from work lol be real early
    Kill some time in Manhattan first. They aren't going to let you into the academy at 3pm.

  17. #23942
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Guys a quick heads up in regards to strength training. DO IT! Especially if you're small. Alot of small guys with excellent cardio are failing FST. A guy even quit the academy yesterday immediately after FST; said he just couldnt take it anymore. He was on the small side. On the other hand, a lot of big dummies failing acedemics are banging FST out tho. I know this has been said b4 but just stressing it again here. Dont go so crazy doing cardio that you lose ur strength and muscle becuz you need a good combination of both to get thru here.

    My FST time improved by a full minutes and 24 seconds; ON AIR! On to week 7. Feeling good. Over and out.
    bk60191983 and BklynFDNY89 like this.

  18. #23943
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Thanks for that Spider. Keep at it man.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

  19. #23944
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Guys a quick heads up in regards to strength training. DO IT! Especially if you're small. Alot of small guys with excellent cardio are failing FST. A guy even quit the academy yesterday immediately after FST; said he just couldnt take it anymore. He was on the small side. On the other hand, a lot of big dummies failing acedemics are banging FST out tho. I know this has been said b4 but just stressing it again here. Dont go so crazy doing cardio that you lose ur strength and muscle becuz you need a good combination of both to get thru here.

    My FST time improved by a full minutes and 24 seconds; ON AIR! On to week 7. Feeling good. Over and out.
    Thanks spider. Exactly why I don't completely drop the weights. I'm at the smaller side at 140lbs. I have days dedicated to building strength on compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses and bent over rows. I want to go in well rounded. I want to over prepare myself so my experience could be as exciting as yours.

  20. #23945
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Guys a quick heads up in regards to strength training. DO IT! Especially if you're small. Alot of small guys with excellent cardio are failing FST. A guy even quit the academy yesterday immediately after FST; said he just couldnt take it anymore. He was on the small side. On the other hand, a lot of big dummies failing acedemics are banging FST out tho. I know this has been said b4 but just stressing it again here. Dont go so crazy doing cardio that you lose ur strength and muscle becuz you need a good combination of both to get thru here.

    My FST time improved by a full minutes and 24 seconds; ON AIR! On to week 7. Feeling good. Over and out.
    Pssssh, I shaved off a full 2:30 off my time... But I also screwed up royally the first time I did FST lol.

    Also they said we should have our week in the field Columbus day week and the week of October 20th.

  21. #23946
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I'm 6'3" about 192 looking to gain 5-10 lbs by academy. I feel like I'm on the small side. Maybe not?

  22. #23947
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    That's a perfect weight. That's what I am and I'm handling things well. My cardio was not as great so PT for me is a challenge but fst I'm pretty good at. Sub 13 min time on air.

    You definitely need a balance of strength and cardio but cardio is huge and way more important for the majority of things that you'll be doing.
    thirdtimesacharm likes this.

  23. #23948
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Kill some time in Manhattan first. They aren't going to let you into the academy at 3pm.
    Oh no I didn't plan on going straight there lol, gonna grab a bite or something, just doesn't make sense for me to take the hour trip home just to be home 20 minutes and go right back in that direction.

  24. #23949
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    That's a perfect weight. That's what I am and I'm handling things well. My cardio was not as great so PT for me is a challenge but fst I'm pretty good at. Sub 13 min time on air.

    You definitely need a balance of strength and cardio but cardio is huge and way more important for the majority of things that you'll be doing.
    Great. What's an ideal fst time?

  25. #23950
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Great. What's an ideal fst time?
    Well considering you need to pass hands on and academics individually to get out of the academy, a 75 in FST is effectively the same as a 100 (i.e a high FST score can't bring up a low academic/hands on grade to let you pass the academy).

    So "ideal" is really just a personal thing. I'd say as long as you are passing (17:30) and improving each week you should be pretty happy with that.
    NYgrad2012 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 29 guests)

  1. 1DayFDNY,
  2. 40&OUT,
  3. 4040clubBouncer,
  4. EKFCASPER,
  5. IronBars,
  6. J0hnnyb0y,
  7. joeybatts,
  8. k20dc2,
  9. MikeLarryM35,
  10. Rdarf85,
  11. sffdnyhopeful09

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register