Like Tree9890Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Hey, for anyone worried about the run and FST, don't sweat it, I've been told that things just got easier. No more timed FST and the run is based on how old you are. That's what I was told about that female probie who failed the last two classes and had a news story about her, they changed the standards. Has anyone at the academy heard this? A friend of mine got a text from a boss at the school telling him about it.

Just a note before people start replying to me about me being serious about not worrying about it, save it. Train hard, this job is all about staying fit, if you are not in shape you become a liability to yourself and those around you.
    FST is still timed but you don't have to pass it to pass the academy. But if your right on the edge with hands on and academics it's only going to hurt you. But say you breezing through academically and hands on wise you can still graduate if you can't pass FST, barring you have a high enough average in the other two fields. Haven't heard anything about the run now being based on age.

Forum Member

So can you post ages and run times ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpilledChili6019 View Post
    Best advice I can pass along to the guys waiting to go in for January is make sure you work on your grip strength. You will need it for FST. The high intensity, low weight, high rep stuff is great prep for PT but I'd also recommend investing in one of these:

http://www.fitfightertraining.com/new-products/auger

They've filmed several PT sessions and word is they will be posting them on the website to help guys prepare for upcoming classes. Keep an eye out
    How would you recommend working out with this? What type of movements/exercises?

Forum Member

The run is not based on age, that's just idiotic. Not saying you said, but that's dumb.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    The run is not based on age, that's just idiotic. Not saying you said, but that's dumb.
    Maybe they might do the physical fitness test requirements based on age and gender which is what suffolk pd does. The age ranges are 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 for men and women. They get tested on push ups, sit ups, and 1.5 mile run. Basically if you are a women the requirements are easier than men and the older the age range the easier it gets as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Maybe they might do the physical fitness test requirements based on age and gender which is what suffolk pd does. The age ranges are 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 for men and women. They get tested on push ups, sit ups, and 1.5 mile run. Basically if you are a women the requirements are easier than men and the older the age range the easier it gets as well.
    One Job. One Standard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    One Job. One Standard.
    I'm just speculating on the rumors. I didn't say I agreed.

Forum Member

When you sign up for the mentorship program, how long does it actually take for them to contact you, or at what point in the process can you expect to be contacted?

Forum Member

one job one standard
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

I dont mean to be nosy and **** but how much was the bi weekly paycheck once you got in to the fire academy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Yeah, I'm just passing on what I heard. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to accommodate just her, she was having a hard time since day 1 of her first time through the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    one job one standard
    Do the work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    When you sign up for the mentorship program, how long does it actually take for them to contact you, or at what point in the process can you expect to be contacted?
    I think I got my info about a week after I went to a mentor meet and greet.

Forum Member

So right now they are still going through people for the January class correct?

Forum Member

I think I got my info about a week after I went to a mentor meet and greet.
    Oh okay, thanks for the info chad

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    I dont mean to be nosy and **** but how much was the bi weekly paycheck once you got in to the fire academy?
    Yeah I'd like to actually get a little info on this as well. I have this Paycheck Calculator at my job that automatically has taxes deducted & when I plug the Salaries from the FDNY site into it I get these results.

Fringe Pay Bi weekly after taxes:
    $43,074 = $1,219.41
    $49,470 = $1,369.22
    $53,881 = $1,472.53
    $59,629 = $1,607.18
    $65,331 = $1,740.74
    $99,104 = $2,522.11

I'm sure there are other factors that will affect these totals like union dues & such, but I'm not exactly sure how that fringe pay is calculated.. I'm sure some people are working way more than the fringe & others less. Can anyone vouch for these numbers as being within a reasonable range of the actual pay?
    Last edited by BklynFDNY89; 08-25-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Just curious, are there any females in this class?
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9

Forum Member

Hey, for anyone worried about the run and FST, don't sweat it, I've been told that things just got easier. No more timed FST and the run is based on how old you are. That's what I was told about that female probie who failed the last two classes and had a news story about her, they changed the standards. Has anyone at the academy heard this? A friend of mine got a text from a boss at the school telling him about it.

Just a note before people start replying to me about me being serious about not worrying about it, save it. Train hard, this job is all about staying fit, if you are not in shape you become a liability to yourself and those around you.
    Give the job 10 years and it'll be a bunch of fat body hair bags. This is ridiculous. The female you're referring to is a complete bag of *****. She shouldn't be allowed in 100ft of the academy, that's how little she deserves to be there. And it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a female because 4 other females in our class could abide by the standards. It has to do with the fact that this job is NOT FOR HER! Just like not everyone can be an accountant or be a teacher some people are not meant to be firefighters, plain and simple.

Do the work, one standard.

Forum Member

Sorry but this isn't the military. As a firefighter there's no "easy position". EVERYONE goes to work and therefore EVERYONE needs to be prepared. Once standards change people will die.

Forum Member

Has anyone else received the

"Physical Preparation and Firefighter Candidate Mentorship Program Information Sessions for all those expected to be called to take the upcoming Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)."

Email from Join FDNY?

Forum Member

yes. a few days ago
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Hey guys first post here. I got the email last week for the CPAT info class. How long after that class do you actually take the CPAT?

Also, it's states that the program will start the week of sept 15. Does that mean that we won't be taking our CPAT until the end of next year? Just want to be clear. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Team2strong; 08-25-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Hey guys first post here. I got the email last week for the CPAT info class. How long after that class do you actually take the CPAT?

Also, it's states that the program will start the week of sept 15. Does that mean that we won't be taking our CPAT until the end of next year? Just want to be clear. Thanks guys
    I had my first CPAT information season 1/11/14 and was scheduled for the first DCAS CPAT exam in med-march, so it was about 2 months after the first CPAT prep.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Sorry but this isn't the military. As a firefighter there's no "easy position". EVERYONE goes to work and therefore EVERYONE needs to be prepared. Once standards change people will die.
    I think they should make the standards harder.

But if the rumors are true, I was giving an example of the physical standards based on age and gender that other agencys follow that FDNY could mimic.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

I had my first CPAT information season 1/11/14 and was scheduled for the first DCAS CPAT exam in med-march, so it was about 2 months after the first CPAT prep.
    Awesome Danny thanks. If you don't mind answering, after the CPAT what is the next step/s, and how far apart is each step from one another?

Thread Information