Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Is that bad? He said it was good. Yea unless he explained it wrong lol. It said 114 I guess over 74.
    When you're at home just hanging out watching TV or whatever, just relaxing, take your pointer and middle finger and put them just to the left or right of your throat, right where the indentation is and push in just a little. Find your pulse. Once you find your pulse, take a timer and count how many beats you feel in one minute. That will give you your resting heart rate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Also, is anyone on here going to the mentor meeting on Friday at metrotech?
    A little side note about driving to metrotech. DON'T! I go to school around there and there is typically no parking spots available. Even pulling out from the parking lot across polytech can be an issue. Just take the F or R train.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    A little side note about driving to metrotech. DON'T! I go to school around there and there is typically no parking spots available. Even pulling out from the parking lot across polytech can be an issue. Just take the F or R train.
    Good point. Downtown brooklyn has a wealth of options for different train lines, especially if you're coming from the island. Parking always sucks over there.

Forum Member

FYI - my investigator has changed her tune in past month or so. I am very low 1800's and was originally told by her that they would definitely reach my number for the Jan 15 class. Now, she is telling me I am right on the "fringe" and that is because they passed over so many numbers for this last class due to candidates not having residency proofs lined up and/or deferrals.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmccormack24 View Post
    FYI - my investigator has changed her tune in past month or so. I am very low 1800's and was originally told by her that they would definitely reach my number for the Jan 15 class. Now, she is telling me I am right on the "fringe" and that is because they passed over so many numbers for this last class due to candidates not having residency proofs lined up and/or deferrals.

Wow. You just absolutely destroyed my day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Wow. You just absolutely destroyed my day.
    I feel your pain..and I'm here hoping for July 15' sitting at 30xx smh

Forum Member

Why are all these people not getting paperwork done in time? Or are they just calling up CID after they missed intake asking to be processed etc? It used to be if you missed a step and wasn't diligent then you were out of the process. All this feels like a lot of handholding. Let's get this process moving already. No way this list only moves 550 names for the next class. It's gotta be higher than that....they made all these predictions like 97s will get hired now it feels like no way they get through the 99s

Forum Member

just a personal take, but if you can't get residency paperwork in the 6-12 months alotted to you during your investigation process, I doubt you'll be able to scrape it together with additional time if you catch my drift. Ratio should remain steady.
    Last edited by pericnyc; 08-26-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    just a personal take, but if you can't get residency paperwork in the 6-12 months alotted to you during your investigation process, I doubt you'll be able to scape it together moving forward if you catch my drift. Ratio should be steady.
    That I think is a pretty accurate perspective. If those people had 102's and 101's, that 5 points off pushing them down could actually help out those 97's getting called.

Forum Member

Anyone have Ms Quinns phone number or email? Having trouble getting in touch with my investigator. please PM if you do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    That I think is a pretty accurate perspective. If those people had 102's and 101's, that 5 points off pushing them down could actually help out those 97's getting called.
    Exactly my thought, to me this is actually GOOD news. If they arent prepared the first time around, they are most likely not going to go out of their way 2nd time around or do not deserve the residency credit and lied. Lets not kill the hope for the 97's lol

Forum Member

Question for my military people, if you received a chapter 10 discharge from the military does that disqualify you? I don't see why it would but since it's an "other than honorable discharge" I want to to make sure. Anybody with accurate knowledge please reply
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmccormack24 View Post
    Can any one else speak to their investigators to verify this?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Did we ever figure out if they test for roids?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Did we ever figure out if they test for roids?
    I think you should probably just call CID and ask. Everything on here will be pure speculation. Give them your info and ask if it's something they are testing for.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Question for my military people, if you received a chapter 10 discharge from the military does that disqualify you? I don't see why it would but since it's an "other than honorable discharge" I want to to make sure. Anybody with accurate knowledge please reply
    I think your best answer will come from your investigator when your list number gets reached. I was in the military for almost 10 years and received an honorable discharge so I can't say for certain. I would make the guess that with anything other than an honorable discharge it is reviewed on a case by case basis. I don't think that it will be an automatic DQ but it'll raise some flags. Just be prepared to have some explaining to do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    I think you should probably just call CID and ask. Everything on here will be pure speculation. Give them your info and ask if it's something they are testing for.
    ha yea was just a joke

but if anyone does hear from a second or third investigator about them only getting up to a certain number please do share... any more word on the alleged start date of the next class be it dec 14 or jan 15?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    ha yea was just a joke

but if anyone does hear from a second or third investigator about them only getting up to a certain number please do share... any more word on the alleged start date of the next class be it dec 14 or jan 15?
    I figured that. Lol. As to start date - my sources say Jan. Also while my number is in the 15##'s - the last I heard my my investigator was to be prepared for the upcoming class. This was maybe several weeks ago that I spoke with her. Things do change. All we can do is keep training and well, keep waiting.

Forum Member

I called DCAS IVR and the recording said that I am in an "outstanding certification". What does that mean? I'm in the 101s and done with all steps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I called DCAS IVR and the recording said that I am in an "outstanding certification". What does that mean? I'm in the 101s and done with all steps.
    Just called, and same here. I *think* last time I called I was "not" currently on an outstanding certification. This was several weeks ago. I am honestly not 100% sure what it means, and from browsing some older threads on various city job forums, it seems like not a lot of people do either...

Forum Member

I believe it means your good To go for the next class. What's your list number

Forum Member

I believe it means your good To go for the next class. What's your list number
    Let's just say somewhere between 1820 and 1840 (in case you were talking to me)

Forum Member

I'm referring to Danny who said he has outstanding cert

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Just called, and same here. I *think* last time I called I was "not" currently on an outstanding certification. This was several weeks ago. I am honestly not 100% sure what it means, and from browsing some older threads on various city job forums, it seems like not a lot of people do either...
    Yeah last week I was "not" in an outstanding certification and this week I am . Whatever that means it sounds good. But If I could take a guess at it I think it means we are done with all the requirements (except the 1.5 mile of course) to get into the next available class since the status changed right after Medicals and psychs were completed.

Forum Member

I'm referring to Danny who said he has outstanding cert
    Oh. Well my subsequent post explained that I do as well. Wasn't sure who you meant, since you didn't quote.

Thread Information