Like Tree11355Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I'm referring to Danny who said he has outstanding cert
    1900sssssssssss

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Yeah last week I was "not" in an outstanding certification and this week I am . Whatever that means it sounds good. But If I could take a guess at it I think it means we are done with all the requirements (except the 1.5 mile of course) to get into the next available class since the status changed right after Medicals and psychs were completed.

We shall see, my friend...

Forum Member

from the email abt the info session i just receive that infi from the mail as well

Forum Member

Guys, you're kicking around all these numbers again and they're very speculative. I have some numbers for you, but bear in mind, nothing is final. Mine are straight from 9 Metrotech.

BHS is/has processed up to list # ~2,100 in preparation for a class slated to begin Dec. 29th, 2014.

Those who fall roughly between 2,101 and 3,350 will be receiving pre-employment packets in the coming weeks.

Also, there is a general feeling among staff both at The Rock and Headquarters that incoming probies are not physically prepared for this job. Just because they've taken away the timing requirement from FST, doesnt mean they'll let you out of there. It just means they'll come up with new and effective ways of dumping people.

Show up in shape and mentally prepared.
    bkopie and IronBars like this.

Forum Member

Why did they get rid of the timing component of FST? Please, I'm just curious. Also thanks fd south BX for all that great info

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    I think your best answer will come from your investigator when your list number gets reached. I was in the military for almost 10 years and received an honorable discharge so I can't say for certain. I would make the guess that with anything other than an honorable discharge it is reviewed on a case by case basis. I don't think that it will be an automatic DQ but it'll raise some flags. Just be prepared to have some explaining to do.
    yeah I was only in the service for about 50 days and I was 17. Okay thanks!
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

Forum Member

Southbx you are the man. 37xx here hoping to get something after January
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

Forum Member

So twenty weeks after dec 29 is May 18, 2015. It's never too early

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    I feel your pain..and I'm here hoping for July 15' sitting at 30xx smh
    Wait till the numbers come in for Jan . That would give u a clear indication on where u stand . July 15 or Jan 16 . Just start training now .

Forum Member

I called DCAS IVR and the recording said that I am in an "outstanding certification". What does that mean? I'm in the 101s and done with all steps.
    That pretty much means you're done with DCAS, and it's all up to the FDNY now. FDNY can't call you until DCAS "certifies" you.

Forum Member

Yeah last week I was "not" in an outstanding certification and this week I am . Whatever that means it sounds good. But If I could take a guess at it I think it means we are done with all the requirements (except the 1.5 mile of course) to get into the next available class since the status changed right after Medicals and psychs were completed.
    I got the same message and I have not taken the Psych yet.. I guess it just means we are good to go if all the process checks out right.
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14
    Medical 7/23/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Wait till the numbers come in for Jan . That would give u a clear indication on where u stand . July 15 or Jan 16 . Just start training now .
    Yeah July 15 or jan 16 is what I'm figuring, and like you said when the numbers come out in jan I'll have a better indication. Thanks man
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    ha yea was just a joke

but if anyone does hear from a second or third investigator about them only getting up to a certain number please do share... any more word on the alleged start date of the next class be it dec 14 or jan 15?
    Spoke with my investigator today and he said there is a planned class for Jan but they haven't been given and exact start date yet. He said once he knows he will pass it along. He has been on top of everything from day one so I wouldn't see any reason he would be bs-ing me now.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Those who fall roughly between 2,101 and 3,350 will be receiving pre-employment packets in the coming weeks.
    Thanks for the input southbx. I hope that those numbers are a good estimate. I'm between 3200-3220 & I haven't received that email notice about the packet.. I asked a couple times before but no one responded in regards to if there has been more then 1 round of emails sent out in the past? Would you know?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Thanks for the input southbx. I hope that those numbers are a good estimate. I'm between 3200-3220 & I haven't received that email notice about the packet.. I asked a couple times before but no one responded in regards to if there has been more then 1 round of emails sent out in the past? Would you know?
    Like I said, the information about your number range wasn't all that specific. It only said, "in coming weeks". That could mean a few months, who knows. As long as you hear your number range being talked about, it's a good thing.

Word of advice, unless a class is about to start and you think your number should be close.....stop calling your investigators. They've got their hands full and if they don't need anything from you, they've got better things to be doing.

Lastly, investigators investigate. They don't REALLY know what's going on with hiring, so take their information with a grain of salt.
    My1Goal and MuscleHamster like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Like I said, the information about your number range wasn't all that specific. It only said, "in coming weeks". That could mean a few months, who knows. As long as you hear your number range being talked about, it's a good thing.

Word of advice, unless a class is about to start and you think your number should be close.....stop calling your investigators. They've got their hands full and if they don't need anything from you, they've got better things to be doing.

Lastly, investigators investigate. They don't REALLY know what's going on with hiring, so take their information with a grain of salt.
    Thanks man, your input has been great.
    Test: 2000
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Packet just arrived! the process has begun!!!!!
    bk60191983 likes this.
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

Forum Member

Pre employment packet??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doubler33 View Post
    Packet just arrived! the process has begun!!!!!
    Glad to hear . Now u have a year to get urself into shape .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Pre employment packet??
    Hold your breath, it might not be, my wife just called and said something came in the mail from the FDNY regarding the CPAT prep, might be the same thing that we got in the email :-(((.
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

Forum Member

Any other potential next class candidates in full time school this semester? I'm trying to figure out how to not care about school so much and focus on this lengthy manual. I wish I could simply work right now, but I left my job at the beginning of the year to go back, and need the aid/loans to live off of. My former brainless job seems like paradise right now...

Forum Member

False alarm, I got the same
    Thing in the mail

Forum Member

Do we have to go back your physician for a clearance form before the actual cpat too?

How much is the finger print money order we need at intake?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Do we have to go back your physician for a clearance form before the actual cpat too?

How much is the finger print money order we need at intake?
    You need the clearance form signed by your doctor before you're allowed to try the CPAT course at the Rock. Otherwise, you will just watch.

The fingerprinting cost $75.

Forum Member

did we confirm that it was a cpat packet? All these talks about the 100s getting called has really boosted my work out drive, if I was able too I would wear the vest 24/7 to work, sleep, everything just to make sure I'm 100% used to it lol
    FDNY EXAM 2000
    List Number: 22xx

Thread Information