Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Any ideas how far down the list this upcoming january class will get up to? I probably have an idea myself but i just like to get reassured i have a chance cus realisticaly speaking im probably like at the border line ... My list number is between 2110-2130 test score is 101. On a scale of 1-10 how bad do i want this job? I would say 10000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Any ideas how far down the list this upcoming january class will get up to? I probably have an idea myself but i just like to get reassured i have a chance cus realisticaly speaking im probably like at the border line ... My list number is between 2110-2130 test score is 101. On a scale of 1-10 how bad do i want this job? I would say 10000
    With all the injuries and now with that mrsa outbreak coming from this class that will recycle into the next . I'm a good 50 slots in front of u . And I'm having serious doubts that the higher list numbers will be reached for janaury. I think the next class is gonna have a high recycle rate .

Forum Member

Out of curiosity is there anyone who finished up their medical and psych before July that didn't make it into this current class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    With all the injuries and now with that mrsa outbreak coming from this class that will recycle into the next . I'm a good 50 slots in front of u . And I'm having serious doubts that the higher list numbers will be reached for janaury. I think the next class is gonna have a high recycle rate .
    I think it will have a high recycle rate as well, but I also think that the list will still reach between 2200 & 2400. A lot of military, promo hires, & frankly people high enough on the list to stay focused have already gone through. The list is getting deeper & it'll start hitting people who have had another 2 years to raise their paychecks, move, get in trouble, get out of shape, etc. A buddy of mine is in the 2000s & he already told me he's not going forward because it's not worth the pay cut at this point.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    I think it will have a high recycle rate as well, but I also think that the list will still reach between 2200 & 2400. A lot of military, promo hires, & frankly people high enough on the list to stay focused have already gone through. The list is getting deeper & it'll start hitting people who have had another 2 years to raise their paychecks, move, get in trouble, get out of shape, etc. A buddy of mine is in the 2000s & he already told me he's not going forward because it's not worth the pay cut at this point.
    I was at metro tech this week doing stairs . And the impression I got from talking to a few people in there . Obviously all speculation . Is that a lot of people were passed over this current class due to not having the correct paperwork..legal issues etc... Taken care off . So they are expecting those people along with the recycles and a few priority hires left to go into the next class. They might still go through 600 people to get their numbers . But that does not mean that the list would move up as high as people think . Everyone thought this last class would get into the 15-1600s and that felt about 250 spots shy , the list is in the 1360s for this class . Take it for what it's worth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    Out of curiosity is there anyone who finished up their medical and psych before July that didn't make it into this current class?
    Yea all the 101s before 1600 did .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    I think it will have a high recycle rate as well, but I also think that the list will still reach between 2200 & 2400.
    I Love the way you thinkin bro

Forum Member

Dammm this whole process is so fuking frustratingg!!!!!! Idk if i ahould have faith that my list number will be reached for january or not get my hopes up and just start thinking about the july class 😢 ****kkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Forum Member

Dammm this whole process is so fuking frustratingg!!!!!! Idk if i ahould have faith that my list number will be reached for january or not get my hopes up and just start thinking about the july class  ****kkkkkkkkkk!!!!
    Why stress it . It is what it is . How about u just train like Ur going in for janaury and just let things play out the way they do . So at least Ur ready for janaury if Ur number those get reached . Just prepare . And if it is July it will give u more time to be in even better shape , both mentally and physically

Forum Member

They tend to process 200-300 Medicals over the list number that they project will be reached. Last class reached 1350s and Medicals were processed upto 1600. If the same pattern continues and medicals reach 2219 then the January class may at least reach upto the 1900s-2000s.

Forum Member

Does the information from the CPAT email come in an 8.5 x 11 envelope, or just a regular envelope ?

I got something in the mail from FDNY, but havent had a chance to see exactly what it is yet.

Hopefully its my intake packet but not sure.
    Exam : 2000
    Score : 100
    List : 31XX

Forum Member

Most likely same cpat info

Forum Member

Do we receive any confirmation after signing up for mentorship or information session? Or just show up

Forum Member

I just got that phone call regarding the sessions coming up next week.. I never got the email though >.<
    & I'm going to be on military orders for the next 2 weeks & I can't make any of the sessions, great timing. Does anyone know what happens if you don't make the sessions?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Nothing happens. You just miss it.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

When does the CPAT prep e-mail typically arrive? I'm sitting in the 3,600's so I'm thinking that I'll be the 3rd class from right now.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Sitting 2140-2180, just got my psych letter today scheduled for sept 27th.. Medical is done, along with CPAT and intake of course. Hoping for January but I'm starting to believe July will be my class....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Sitting 2140-2180, just got my psych letter today scheduled for sept 27th.. Medical is done, along with CPAT and intake of course. Hoping for January but I'm starting to believe July will be my class....
    Chill with the negativity !! We going in january!! Lol but yea i just got my psych letter as well for sept 27 anything i should be aware of guys?

Forum Member

Chill with the negativity !! We going in january!! Lol but yea i just got my psych letter as well for sept 27 anything i should be aware of guys?
    Take a copy of your intake packet so you can easily transfer the information they request on their questionairre. Also, the faster you finish filling out their questionairre and finish the exam the faster you can get on line to get cleared by the doctor. It's not like the intake interview where the earlier you get there the earlier you get out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Take a copy of your intake packet so you can easily transfer the information they request on their questionairre. Also, the faster you finish filling out their questionairre and finish the exam the faster you can get on line to get cleared by the doctor. It's not like the intake interview where the earlier you get there the earlier you get out.
    Ah, there is no doctor at the written psych (MMPI) who clears you. I wouldn't rush through the "exam" either. Just read each question and answer honestly. Don't overthink it. It's not there to trip you up but the results can be skewed if you don't read each question or you attempt to tailor your answers to what you think they are lookin for.

Forum Member

Just did 9 minutes on the stairs with a 55lb vest @ 60-62 steps / minute then ran a 1.5 mile in 12:15. I'm not in the beat shape but i'll get there. Sitting in the 266x range. Now time for aome tequila

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Ah, there is no doctor at the written psych (MMPI) who clears you. I wouldn't rush through the "exam" either. Just read each question and answer honestly. Don't overthink it. It's not there to trip you up but the results can be skewed if you don't read each question or you attempt to tailor your answers to what you think they are lookin for.
    Yeah, a nice lady clears you. With 500+ questions I didn't over analyze things because if you do you'll be there all day (although I think you can take upto 4 hours to finish). I just zoned out and kept checking answers. On questions where I had no clue what they were asking you can leave the answer blank. If you take your sweet time and overthink every question you'll just get a big headache IMO. Rushing somewhat through the exam kinda worked for me but then again I don't think I'm crazy (or so I hope I'm not).

Forum Member

Just got the packet about the CPAT prep, got excited for no reason smh lol
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Just got the packet about the CPAT prep, got excited for no reason smh lol
    Same here man, almost

Forum Member

I don't know whats up with all this negative speculation flowing through the last pages or so. You guys are lucky to even take the test and get to where you are at right now. I'm jealous of that, and I've been waiting long, really long. I understand that its an itch on the tongue, just realize that you'll have at least a chance to get in if you're around 3000.

Thread Information