Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #24126
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Who is going to the CPAT info session on Tuesday?
    I'll b there
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

  2. #24127
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I know it's not necessary any longer but does any one have an idea about how much LASIK or other procedures cost. Asking for a friend.
    Depends on how bad the persons vision is but id say 4500-6000 got mine for 4500

  3. #24128
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Who is going to the CPAT info session on Tuesday?
    I will be there

  4. #24129
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I will be there on Tuesday

  5. #24130
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Anyone from si going tues

  6. #24131
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Any other potential next class candidates in full time school this semester? I'm trying to figure out how to not care about school so much and focus on this lengthy manual. I wish I could simply work right now, but I left my job at the beginning of the year to go back, and need the aid/loans to live off of. My former brainless job seems like paradise right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Yes sir, starting my senior year today. Honestly, I don't care what happens as long as I pass. I'm going to do my work, study strictly for exams and use the rest of the time on the manual. I'm taking 3 classes rather than the usual 4. Whatever happens, happens. FD is what's most important

    Turn on your pm's, broseph...

  7. #24132
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    So business casual is okay for the CPAT info session rite guys?

  8. #24133
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    So business casual is okay for the CPAT info session rite guys?
    Yes, business casual is ok. Don't come dressed as a bum. Think of it as your first interview or face time with the academy. "Don't be that guy Don't be that girl"
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  9. #24134
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    Yes, business casual is ok. Don't come dressed as a bum. Think of it as your first interview or face time with the academy. "Don't be that guy Don't be that girl"
    Lmao of course not, to be honost I was going to wear a nice suit but is that too much???

  10. #24135
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Lmao of course not, to be honost I was going to wear a nice suit but is that too much???
    You laugh but people will come looking like crap. You can never go wrong with a suit. Better to be over dressed than under
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  11. #24136
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    You laugh but people will come looking like crap. You can never go wrong with a suit. Better to be over dressed than under
    I believe you 100% lol..those are the people that are not as motivated or dont respect the oppurtunity..they probobly wont make it far lol. Thanks for your feedback man
    bklynmike91 likes this.

  12. #24137
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Thanks. Thought it would be cheaper. Guess he was right.
    I think the way people save money on Lasik/PRK (besides using groupon or something crazy like that) is to open a health savings account through work. You can choose to have some amount of money deducted from your check pretax and put into the account. You can then use that untaxed money to pay for the procedure. If I was going to do it I think that's how I would finance it. I get my metro card pretax and I did the math years ago, it's a significant amount of savings.

  13. #24138
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Mm you get your metro card pre tax?? They don't let fdny ride the subway for free?

  14. #24139
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Mm you get your metro card pre tax?? They don't let fdny ride the subway for free?
    I'd let them in for free if they showed me their I.d. I haven't seen any fireman ask for a ride though. I thought they got the city metrocards like pd.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 08-30-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  15. #24140
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Mm you get your metro card pre tax?? They don't let fdny ride the subway for free?
    You ride for free when in uniform.

    edit: Department regulations also state you must stand when riding while in uniform/on the clock.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 08-30-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

  16. #24141
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    300

    Default

    For those of you going on Tuesday, I'll see you there. I don't know how it will be set up, but if you have any questions about anything like CPAT or probie school in general, or what it is like at a firehouse, feel free to ask me there. I'm sure I'll be introducing myself to a bunch of you.

  17. #24142
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Im from Florida and am really interested in taking the next test for FDNY. Is there any advise you could give me on what I should do to help me get as high on the list as possible. I've already been to Fire School here in Florida and passed. I am now in EMT school because the state requires all FF also be EMT certified. But I've always wanted to be a FF in NY. Any advise would be great!

  18. #24143
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    MM thanks for he LASIK advice

  19. #24144
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    For those of you going on Tuesday, I'll see you there. I don't know how it will be set up, but if you have any questions about anything like CPAT or probie school in general, or what it is like at a firehouse, feel free to ask me there. I'm sure I'll be introducing myself to a bunch of you.
    Great. We all look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

  20. #24145
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dylanwill24 View Post
    Im from Florida and am really interested in taking the next test for FDNY. Is there any advise you could give me on what I should do to help me get as high on the list as possible. I've already been to Fire School here in Florida and passed. I am now in EMT school because the state requires all FF also be EMT certified. But I've always wanted to be a FF in NY. Any advise would be great!

    take the next test when its available.
    List 26XX
    Score:100

  21. #24146
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Q on the investigation process. I read a while back that they send out info to past employers. Now what happens if these employers can't be reached or they do no send out the paperwork that FDNY require??

  22. #24147
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    What are my chances if I'm from out of state?

  23. #24148
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I know it's not necessary any longer but does any one have an idea about how much LASIK or other procedures cost. Asking for a friend.
    hey sorry for later response but I just got LASIK this past June. Cost me 3,000$ and I got it with my current eye doc. She gave me a 500$ discount because my mom is a nurse at the same hospital. So figure 3,500$ and I got it through Manhattan Lasik. GREATEST DECISION OF MY LIFE. I have 20/15 in both eyes now and its just fantastic.
    And then? likes this.
    FDNY 2000- Score 100
    List-3XXX

  24. #24149
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dylanwill24 View Post
    What are my chances if I'm from out of state?
    pretty slim.

    keep in mind something like 70k people sign up to take the test and 40k are eligible to be hired. over the life of a list (4 years) something like 2500 end up getting hired and approx 5-7k of the top candidates are used to fill those slots. if you think you can land in that range, you'll have a shot.

    your prior training will certainly help you but won't do anything to get you hired. you're better off applying for reciprocity and trying to join fdny ems - promote from there.

    otherwise the open competitive test, without military and/or residency preference points, is tough without a near perfect score (98-100) AND you'll have to fly up to nyc every time you get called for another step in the hiring process.

    its not impossible I knw a few guys OTJ that did it
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

  25. #24150
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default


    No one wants to come near us lol. They call us survivors "MRSAnaries". Sounds alot more serious reading these articles that the outsiders read tho. No wonder ppl are scared. Jesus.

    Have a safe weekend lol.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 08-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register