Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 966 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696396496596696796896997610161066 ... LastLast
Results 19,301 to 19,320 of 23905
Like Tree9364Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Heh, so did I.
    whats cfr?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    whats cfr?
    That's the class to become certified first responder

Forum Member

Makes sense less emt in this class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Heard 25% of the class is failing CFR?
    Honestly, those written tests are no joke. I swear that they ask questions that aren't in the reading or lectures. I'm passing, but still, it's crazy.
    JDNY13 and LordzofBrooklyn like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Honestly, those written tests are no joke. I swear that they ask questions that aren't in the reading or lectures. I'm passing, but still, it's crazy.
    I agree. Some of those questions have nothing to do with what we were "assigned". I have a 97 avg in the academy and only 75 in CFR. Now I gotta lose some academy studying time to pick up my CFR smh

Forum Member

I'm an Emt so I know you're gonna say it doesn't count but even when I got my Emt cert it was easy.

Cfr is easy common sense stuff. Just pay attention
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I'm an Emt so I know you're gonna say it doesn't count but even when I got my Emt cert it was easy.

It's not the hardest thing in the world but when you come home beat up every night and then have to study for quizzes each week at the rock, along with reading assignments for class every night it can make CFR harder then if it was your only focus. Not to mention a full day of it makes you wanna jump through the window.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post

CFR can actually be harder if you are coming to it as an EMT or paramedic. They never taught us what we were no longer allowed to do, they just did the minimum hours of instruction on A&P and whatever else is required. I still have no real idea of what I can/can't do on CFR runs. The test was also difficult because they use the same questions for all skill levels so the right answer for paramedic is now a wrong answer for CFR.

Forum Member

is there a way to get cfr done in advance of the academy?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    is there a way to get cfr done in advance of the academy?
    Negative. Even with my class being entirely EMT/Paramedic we still had to do it.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

CFR written test are hard, especially if you weren't in EMS. The hands on stuff you should get with weeks of training. The final and the state are far more difficult I thought than the quizzes.

Forum Member

does CFR last the duration of the academy? or is it just a several week thing they shuffle guys through at various points and times? any books or study guides guys can check out in advance of starting CFR?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Pretty much the whole academy, and I'm sure you can find some books to help you with it before hand.

Forum Member

how much harder is the CFR-D then the red cross lifeguard course.

PLZ dont bash the questions(i know its much harder) its the only thing close that I have reference of. :-/

Forum Member

There is basically no difference between a cfr and Emt. Medic obviously huge difference. But as an Emt there's not much more you can do that they can't.

Go to the library, google, etc plenty of ways to learn all the stuff you need to before hand.

Forum Member

Hey guys, quick question for guys OTJ Mostly.. I passed a course I took in college and I got my First Aid/ CPR / AED certifiction by the American Red cross..do you think that will help me in CFR-D? I remember everything, it was really interesting stuff to me.i had alot of fun. I was trained in how to do CPR on children and adults. As well as how to help an unconcious choking person, and how to properly use an Automated External Defibrillator. Thanks in advance guys. I appreciate it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question for guys OTJ Mostly.. I passed a course I took in college and I got my First Aid/ CPR / AED certifiction by the American Red cross..do you think that will help me in CFR-D? I remember everything, it was really interesting stuff to me.i had alot of fun. I was trained in how to do CPR on children and adults. As well as how to help an unconcious choking person, and how to properly use an Automated External Defibrillator. Thanks in advance guys. I appreciate it
    You may have an easier time with the CPR portion which is a 1 day class but otherwise, no.

Forum Member

Oh okay.. I was trained and tested on alot of other things as well..how to treat and know the difference between

Forum Member

A fracture, dislocation, sprain, strain, cuts, abrasions, lacerations..use of different splints, Rigid, Soft, Anatomic, ground. I also was trained in treating and knowing the difference in burns, chemical, radiation, heat, electrical, how to know the degree of burns. Also knowing and treating heat stroke, heat exhaustion, Hypothermia, Frostbite, hyper and Hypoglycemia, it was alot of stuff not just CPR lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    A fracture, dislocation, sprain, strain, cuts, abrasions, lacerations..use of different splints, Rigid, Soft, Anatomic, ground. I also was trained in treating and knowing the difference in burns, chemical, radiation, heat, electrical, how to know the degree of burns. Also knowing and treating heat stroke, heat exhaustion, Hypothermia, Frostbite, hyper and Hypoglycemia, it was alot of stuff not just CPR lol
    sounds like your basic CPR/AED/First Aid course that the red cross gives

Thread Information