Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Who is going to the CPAT info session on Tuesday?
    I'll b there
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I know it's not necessary any longer but does any one have an idea about how much LASIK or other procedures cost. Asking for a friend.
    Depends on how bad the persons vision is but id say 4500-6000 got mine for 4500

Forum Member

Who is going to the CPAT info session on Tuesday?
    I will be there

Forum Member

I will be there on Tuesday

Forum Member

Anyone from si going tues

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Any other potential next class candidates in full time school this semester? I'm trying to figure out how to not care about school so much and focus on this lengthy manual. I wish I could simply work right now, but I left my job at the beginning of the year to go back, and need the aid/loans to live off of. My former brainless job seems like paradise right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Yes sir, starting my senior year today. Honestly, I don't care what happens as long as I pass. I'm going to do my work, study strictly for exams and use the rest of the time on the manual. I'm taking 3 classes rather than the usual 4. Whatever happens, happens. FD is what's most important

Turn on your pm's, broseph...

Forum Member

So business casual is okay for the CPAT info session rite guys?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    So business casual is okay for the CPAT info session rite guys?
    Yes, business casual is ok. Don't come dressed as a bum. Think of it as your first interview or face time with the academy. "Don't be that guy Don't be that girl"
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    Yes, business casual is ok. Don't come dressed as a bum. Think of it as your first interview or face time with the academy. "Don't be that guy Don't be that girl"
    Lmao of course not, to be honost I was going to wear a nice suit but is that too much???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Lmao of course not, to be honost I was going to wear a nice suit but is that too much???
    You laugh but people will come looking like crap. You can never go wrong with a suit. Better to be over dressed than under
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    You laugh but people will come looking like crap. You can never go wrong with a suit. Better to be over dressed than under
    I believe you 100% lol..those are the people that are not as motivated or dont respect the oppurtunity..they probobly wont make it far lol. Thanks for your feedback man
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks. Thought it would be cheaper. Guess he was right.
    I think the way people save money on Lasik/PRK (besides using groupon or something crazy like that) is to open a health savings account through work. You can choose to have some amount of money deducted from your check pretax and put into the account. You can then use that untaxed money to pay for the procedure. If I was going to do it I think that's how I would finance it. I get my metro card pretax and I did the math years ago, it's a significant amount of savings.

Forum Member

Mm you get your metro card pre tax?? They don't let fdny ride the subway for free?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Mm you get your metro card pre tax?? They don't let fdny ride the subway for free?
    I'd let them in for free if they showed me their I.d. I haven't seen any fireman ask for a ride though. I thought they got the city metrocards like pd.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 08-30-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    You ride for free when in uniform.

edit: Department regulations also state you must stand when riding while in uniform/on the clock.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 08-30-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

For those of you going on Tuesday, I'll see you there. I don't know how it will be set up, but if you have any questions about anything like CPAT or probie school in general, or what it is like at a firehouse, feel free to ask me there. I'm sure I'll be introducing myself to a bunch of you.

Forum Member

Im from Florida and am really interested in taking the next test for FDNY. Is there any advise you could give me on what I should do to help me get as high on the list as possible. I've already been to Fire School here in Florida and passed. I am now in EMT school because the state requires all FF also be EMT certified. But I've always wanted to be a FF in NY. Any advise would be great!

Forum Member

MM thanks for he LASIK advice

Forum Member

For those of you going on Tuesday, I'll see you there. I don't know how it will be set up, but if you have any questions about anything like CPAT or probie school in general, or what it is like at a firehouse, feel free to ask me there. I'm sure I'll be introducing myself to a bunch of you.
    Great. We all look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dylanwill24 View Post
    Im from Florida and am really interested in taking the next test for FDNY. Is there any advise you could give me on what I should do to help me get as high on the list as possible. I've already been to Fire School here in Florida and passed. I am now in EMT school because the state requires all FF also be EMT certified. But I've always wanted to be a FF in NY. Any advise would be great!

take the next test when its available.
    List 26XX
    Score:100

Forum Member

Q on the investigation process. I read a while back that they send out info to past employers. Now what happens if these employers can't be reached or they do no send out the paperwork that FDNY require??

Forum Member

What are my chances if I'm from out of state?

Forum Member

I know it's not necessary any longer but does any one have an idea about how much LASIK or other procedures cost. Asking for a friend.
    hey sorry for later response but I just got LASIK this past June. Cost me 3,000$ and I got it with my current eye doc. She gave me a 500$ discount because my mom is a nurse at the same hospital. So figure 3,500$ and I got it through Manhattan Lasik. GREATEST DECISION OF MY LIFE. I have 20/15 in both eyes now and its just fantastic.
    And then? likes this.
    FDNY 2000- Score 100
    List-3XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dylanwill24 View Post
    What are my chances if I'm from out of state?
    pretty slim.

keep in mind something like 70k people sign up to take the test and 40k are eligible to be hired. over the life of a list (4 years) something like 2500 end up getting hired and approx 5-7k of the top candidates are used to fill those slots. if you think you can land in that range, you'll have a shot.

your prior training will certainly help you but won't do anything to get you hired. you're better off applying for reciprocity and trying to join fdny ems - promote from there.

otherwise the open competitive test, without military and/or residency preference points, is tough without a near perfect score (98-100) AND you'll have to fly up to nyc every time you get called for another step in the hiring process.

its not impossible I knw a few guys OTJ that did it
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

No one wants to come near us lol. They call us survivors "MRSAnaries". Sounds alot more serious reading these articles that the outsiders read tho. No wonder ppl are scared. Jesus.

Have a safe weekend lol.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 08-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information