Like Tree9944Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #24176
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    So khakis and polo tomorrow cool?

    Will our mentors be there?
    Yes that's fine. You don't get paired up with your mentors at the info session. There will be FFs there which most are mentors. You will get a call/text/email from your mentor once you are paired up with one. My mentor contacted me about two weeks after the info session.

  2. #24177
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    300

    Default

    You never go wrong with some Ralph Lauren! I know it's lame, but I'm excited for this "info" session. What's the address for the info session.

  3. #24178
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Anyone else get a call from the fdny reminding them to attend and to arrive one hour prior to the start of the event? I'll be there an hour early if they tell me to

  4. #24179
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Anyone else get a call from the fdny reminding them to attend and to arrive one hour prior to the start of the event? I'll be there an hour early if they tell me to
    I missed the call and called back to no answer.

  5. #24180
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Anyone else get a call from the fdny reminding them to attend and to arrive one hour prior to the start of the event? I'll be there an hour early if they tell me to
    I never got any call but im glad I read the forum religiously lol

  6. #24181
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    434

    Default

    But now I have an email confirming the session stating I not arrive any earlier than 30mins. Confused. But I'm going to go off the email because they told me to print that out and bring it

  7. #24182
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    But now I have an email confirming the session stating I not arrive any earlier than 30mins. Confused. But I'm going to go off the email because they told me to print that out and bring it
    Just show up around 30-45 mins before the start that's it. Nothing to it . It's just some introduction to the fdny and the process that u will go through. With Ur list number Ur looking at July 2015 . They take enough candidates for up to 3 classes .

  8. #24183
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    You never go wrong with some Ralph Lauren! I know it's lame, but I'm excited for this "info" session. What's the address for the info session.
    For the academy? If so, just put in Randall's Island on google and when you get there follow the signs. Also, you'll see the huge FDNY sign outside of the academy.

  9. #24184
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Just show up around 30-45 mins before the start that's it. Nothing to it . It's just some introduction to the fdny and the process that u will go through. With Ur list number Ur looking at July 2015 . They take enough candidates for up to 3 classes .
    July 15 sounds great to me. How long is the info session?

  10. #24185
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    But now I have an email confirming the session stating I not arrive any earlier than 30mins. Confused. But I'm going to go off the email because they told me to print that out and bring it
    I just got that as well

  11. #24186
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    July 15 sounds great to me. How long is the info session?
    Like 2 hrs give or take . Depends on how many questions are asked by the candidates etc..

  12. #24187
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Like 2 hrs give or take . Depends on how many questions are asked by the candidates etc..
    At the info session, will they be able to give u a rough estimate on which academy you'll be going in?
    Exam 2000
    Score 100
    List 30xx

  13. #24188
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    did everyone with a 100 get the invite to this thing? around number 3335

  14. #24189
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    At the info session, will they be able to give u a rough estimate on which academy you'll be going in?
    They may give you their prediction but don't hold them to it. In my info session they were over 300-400 list numbers from the list number they speculated was going to reach the July class.

  15. #24190
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    did everyone with a 100 get the invite to this thing? around number 3335
    I woulda figured so. I guess not

  16. #24191
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I woulda figured so. I guess not
    Im in 99 im just wondering the invite went through everyone with 100.

    Also anyone going tonight mind asking if there are any priority or EMS candidates going into winter class? Perhaps veiled as "is anyone still being hired off of lists other than 2000" or "are future classes all coming from open competitive exam?" would be good to know. Thanks.

  17. #24192
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    At the info session, will they be able to give u a rough estimate on which academy you'll be going in?
    Everyone guess but no one really knows anything . So take it with a grain of salt . Wait and see what numbers get reached for janaury and it will give u an idea of where u may go . With a 30xx number I think Ur looking at Jan 16 but who the he'll knows how the list moves and how many get hurt etcc. And recycle back in .

  18. #24193
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Sucks sitting in this parking lot. I guess it's still better early than late

  19. #24194
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Sucks sitting in this parking lot. I guess it's still better early than late
    Lol imma head in shortly, your in the parking lot outside the entrance?

  20. #24195
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    46

    Default

    You guys are so lucky lol one step closer. 99s need to get reached already. At least that info session so we can get a foot in Randals lol

  21. #24196
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Don't be late tonight.

  22. #24197
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    You guys are so lucky lol one step closer. 99s need to get reached already. At least that info session so we can get a foot in Randals lol
    I feel ya man.....i think within the next two rounds of packets. But then again you never know.

  23. #24198
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Just got back, that was um... Long

  24. #24199
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Just got back, that was um... Long
    How was it??

  25. #24200
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    How was it??
    Informative. About ~120 candidates there. Alot of emphasis put on getting in shape, mentioning the large amounts of dropouts from previous classes.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 23xx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 43 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 32 guests)

  1. apples&oranges,
  2. BklynFDNY89,
  3. DannyD0pe,
  4. DSNY2FDNY,
  5. FFwnt2b,
  6. Matador611,
  7. nptks,
  8. sffdnyhopeful09,
  9. SI91,
  10. SIFire,
  11. vekdoggs75

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register