Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Link still doesn't work, whats it for
    Details of 50-A of the New York State Civil Service Law

Forum Member

On my way home from it as we speak. One partial and one wrong in the first part with two protests and 3 partial on the psych with two protests, okay with it see where it goes
    FDNYPD likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mello951 View Post
    I got one question wrong in the first four parts, which I feel will be corrected via my protest. Their answer was clearly the more negligent one while mine was clearly the more prudent one that followed procedure mentioned in the video.
    I also protested one personality question, but it really was a protest of the entire personality section, because some of the questions required some people to recall events in their life that happened 2 or 3 years ago, while some of us like myself had to think back 17 years because these events happen at the same age for everyone. The result is that I took too much time trying to remember in order to give accurate answers and missed the last 14 personality questions. If it wasn't timed, or there was sufficient time, I wouldn't care, but they asked me to think about things that happened 17 years ago that I haven't thought about since, while the guy next to me had to think back 2 or 3 years only because he's younger. I suggested that they give an average for that section no matter how many questions you missed or answered.
    I had the same exact problem. I missed the last 15 questions because of this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    On my way home from it as we speak. One partial and one wrong in the first part with two protests and 3 partial on the psych with two protests, okay with it see where it goes
    Congrats dj, very well done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    Congrats dj, very well done.
    Hey SKAV, why'd you change your name to fdnytolife?

Forum Member

Who else is getting any extra points. I'm getting 5 additional for residency.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Hey SKAV, why'd you change your name to fdnytolife?
    Didn't like the other name anymore plus this is the one I use on FDNY rant.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Who else is getting any extra points. I'm getting 5 additional for residency.
    residency points here as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    residency points here as well.

disabled vet points
    no residency

Forum Member

Anyone who had the Hydra-verter and went to the review, PM if you get time to answer a question. Thanks
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

MembersZone Subscriber

I had that one but not had the review. Wont be able to attend. But would like to know what you got. If want to share PM me.

No residency.
    No military.

Perfect score: ? but need it.

Forum Member

Residency points.

With 2 wrong and 3 partial credit (assuming the protests don't work), I'm glad I have those 5 points...

Forum Member

Vet and residency

Forum Member

Got 3 wrong in first 4 parts and 3 pc in the personality. I get the residency credit but I kinda don't know how to feel about these results. I was kinda expecting a perfect score all around . Guess I'm just to anxious. By the way Ii been reading this forum for a while you guys helped with alot of my preparing for the test. Another thing is after I finished my test the lady at the test center collecting my things had an interesting convo with me. She said I looked confident and said the test scores would be out sometime in July after the protest/review period ends around June 1st. Just something I wanted to put out there since nobody else seemed to know

Forum Member

Residency here as well, thank god for that little 5% increase. I think I would make the second to last class assuming they grade it according to my calculations.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    Residency here as well, thank god for that little 5% increase. I think I would make the second to last class assuming they grade it according to my calculations.
    second class with 6 wrong and 14pc?!?! WTF!?! I'd get real comfortable at my current job if I was you.

Forum Member

second class with 6 wrong and 14pc?!?! WTF!?! I'd get real comfortable at my current job if I was you.
    C'mon, don't be a dick

Forum Member

funny thing is, he said second TO LAST class, not second class...but if you're gonna crap on him, at least tell us how you did on the test too. fair is fair.
    FDNYorDIETRYIN likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    C'mon, don't be a dick
    C'mon, real talk! Its this everyone gets a trophy, coddle little johnny, pc mentality that got us into this mess in the first place. Let's be realistic here, I haven't even heard of anybody getting near 6 wrong on the vids/comp. His chances are slim, If I were him I'd be writing Garaufis letters praying he makes the list a lottery.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    funny thing is, he said second TO LAST class, not second class...but if you're gonna crap on him, at least tell us how you did on the test too. fair is fair.
    1 nc vids/reading comp section 2pc personality section

Forum Member

C'mon, real talk! Its this everyone gets a trophy, coddle little johnny, pc mentality that got us into this mess in the first place. Let's be realistic here, I haven't even heard of anybody getting near 6 wrong on the vids/comp. His chances are slim, If I were him I'd be writing Garaufis letters praying he makes the list a lottery.
    Nobody is giving him a trophy, thats how he did, if he makes it he makes it. For all we know at this point this test could be thrown out too. And speaking of being realistic, what other sources do you have other than here for peoples scores? 41,000 took this test, there is really no comparison right now, we need to wait it out. Unless you have another source of information you're not sharing with the group.

And if his chances are slim, that's his business. Its not your business to throw salt in his wounds. I guess that begs the question of who you think you are on here to think you can **** on possible candidates...

Forum Member

that should be a great score, congrats.

Forum Member

And since we've decided to be dicks on here...have you noticed your demeanor on the 6019 thread. You can sure be a dick and a **** stirrer, so i guess we all know you lied quite a bit on the personality section.

I don't usually get like this either, but I guess you bring that out in people.
    FDNYorDIETRYIN and BKEMT1028 like this.

Forum Member

C'mon guys enough with the arguing, let's get this thread going in a positive direction. Not a single person has addressed my question from the other day:

Let's say you feel you did great after coming out of the review. How are you preparing for the CPAT? It could be in a year, or it could be in a couple months for all we know, so if you think you did well I suggest working out big time if you haven't been. Is anyone doing any specific CPAT workouts? Right now I'm doing your standard running and weight lifting but I'd love to hear from people who are doing other workouts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    C'mon guys enough with the arguing, let's get this thread going in a positive direction. Not a single person has addressed my question from the other day:

Let's say you feel you did great after coming out of the review. How are you preparing for the CPAT? It could be in a year, or it could be in a couple months for all we know, so if you think you did well I suggest working out big time if you haven't been. Is anyone doing any specific CPAT workouts? Right now I'm doing your standard running and weight lifting but I'd love to hear from people who are doing other workouts.
    Agreed, lets move on. Someone mentioned lights weights (10lbs) with a lot of repetition and long runs so theirs a great way to start...

Thread Information