Like Tree11333Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Hard to say. Call them and ask because you sign up for the cPat practice days at the session.

Forum Member

I missed the call to sign up for the information session.

Is it OK if I just go to the session? I don't know how to contact them to sign up and the session is at 6PM today?
    Last edited by SirEd; 09-04-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    I missed the call to sign up for the information session.

Is it OK if I just go to the session? I don't know how to contact them to sign up and the session is at 6PM today?
    Doesn't seem like you can just show up. We signed next to our name on print outs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Doesn't seem like you can just show up. We signed next to our name on print outs.

Thanks, I decided to call and finally got through with an Email and got registered.

Forum Member

Quick question, should I drive to Randalls island or take public transportation? I am coming from Staten Island.

Forum Member

Quick question, should I drive to Randalls island or take public transportation? I am coming from Staten Island.
    Drive if possible. I wouldn't leave my fate to the MTA.

If it makes anyone feel better, I've been told repeatedly by people otj that they EXPECT (read: not a promise or guarantee) the list to hit at least the 5-6000s. One mentioned that the dept is -500 from headcount including the class in there now, and every batch of retirements pretty much keeps the # steady. Of course, no one really knows, but I'm sure their info is better than just guessing.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

I did the drive from si on Tuesday. It's not that bad just leave enough time for traffic. I left at 3pm and got there around 415

Forum Member

So just had to meet with my investigator. They told me be prepared for this December. That's close. Right around the corner close. I hope everyone is in shape mentally and physically for this that has a chance at the coming class. It's a damn shame to go in completely unprepared and take up the spot from someone who has been prepping for it. Anyways I know a few guys OTJ have recently said December and I just wanted to say that yes I heard the same information from my investigator today.

Thanks again to all the guys OTJ that post here you have made this process so much more streamlined. I plan on paying it forward and can't wait to be running around the Rock in the next couple of months.
    Last edited by Medic2312; 09-04-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    bk60191983, DannyD0pe and Gheech like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Just a quick question to those either on the job or in the know. For those of us that just missed the July class and are looking at this winter's academy, when should we start contacting our investigators to make sure we're still good to go? I know it's early and don't want to be a nuisance. I know how much work they've got on their plate already. Any info or just advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    What's up man, I'm in the same boat as you and I usually check in with mine about every 6 weeks. I spoke to him at the beggining of July and just last week. I think 6 weeks is a pretty fair rate for both you and him/her. I would email yours soon and then once again in 6 weeks or so. Obviously only 6 weeks if your investigator says everything is status quo.

Forum Member

If this whole december 29th date is for real (even though its only a few weeks sooner than mid/end of january) it makes it feel that much more real. less than 4 months!! lets go boys and girls. BE READY. im sitting low 1800's. hoping ill be in there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    So just had to meet with my investigator. They told me be prepared for this December. That's close. Right around the corner close. I hope everyone is in shape mentally and physically for this that has a chance at the coming class. It's a damn shame to go in completely unprepared and take up the spot from someone who has been prepping for it. Anyways I know a few guys OTJ have recently said December and I just wanted to say that yes I heard the same information from my investigator today.

Thanks again to all the guys OTJ that post here you have made this process so much more streamlined. I plan on paying it forward and can't wait to be running around the Rock in the next couple of months.
    What is your list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    What is your list number?
    He is in the 1500s so that's a given . Anything over the 1900s is probably on the bubble.

Forum Member

Any word on how many are still at the academy? I hope at least 800 are called because all this recycling is getting ridiculous.

Forum Member

Hey guys. My list number is currently in the low 3000s. Any idea if a past broken bone I received back in Oct 2013 would disqualify me from the medical? I ended up having a metal rod put in my leg when I snapped my tib- fib. But haven't felt pain in it since March. Any info would be great thanks!

Forum Member

That drive from Staten Island to randalls island was long and expensive. I had to pay not only the Verrazano bridge toll but also the triboro bridge at $7.50. I wonder if that was because I came from the FDR drive or would I have paid the same triboro bidge toll if I came from the queens side.

Anyway at the information session one of the guys there said that people in our class may be going in as late as 2016, and I think we only went up to number 3300. If the list expires in like 2016 or 2017, this makes me believe that if your higher than 4000 you should be a bit worried about being called.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vayate7 View Post
    Hey guys. My list number is currently in the low 3000s. Any idea if a past broken bone I received back in Oct 2013 would disqualify me from the medical? I ended up having a metal rod put in my leg when I snapped my tib- fib. But haven't felt pain in it since March. Any info would be great thanks!
    Dont mention it fdny does not have access to your medical records...no medical waiver was given to me to sign at my medical exam therefore they have no way of finding out but than again if you wanna go ahead and mention it i dont see y they would dq you for that

Forum Member

That drive from Staten Island to randalls island was long and expensive. I had to pay not only the Verrazano bridge toll but also the triboro bridge at $7.50. I wonder if that was because I came from the FDR drive or would I have paid the same triboro bidge toll if I came from the queens side.

Anyway at the information session one of the guys there said that people in our class may be going in as late as 2016, and I think we only went up to number 3300. If the list expires in like 2016 or 2017, this makes me believe that if your higher than 4000 you should be a bit worried about being called.
    You're going to have to pay regardless to Getty onto Randall's Island. They reimburse you for the randalls island toll but it takes a while. I'm from Staten Island and I carpooled it wasn't too bad, you'll get less sleep then most people but you make do for 18 weeks

Forum Member

I hope the guy who told you that has no idea what he is saying.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    What's up man, I'm in the same boat as you and I usually check in with mine about every 6 weeks. I spoke to him at the beggining of July and just last week. I think 6 weeks is a pretty fair rate for both you and him/her. I would email yours soon and then once again in 6 weeks or so. Obviously only 6 weeks if your investigator says everything is status quo.
    Thanks. Makes sense. I haven't spoken to my investigator since June so I guess it's about that time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I hope the guy who told you that has no idea what he is saying.
    My mentor is a captain , and he's told me that for a while . Just think about it . I know for a fact , that no one in the 1400s is in this class. So say 1360 was the last number called.U have guys that should have been in there who are not , paperwork etc..

Then this next class is going to have a ****load of recycles , u have the mrsa guys who did not go back. Plus another 25 hurt and counting . I'm in the early 20** and I don't see how I'm getting in for janaury. It's possible but who knows . Now with that said . I was told repeatedly, fdny pulls enough candidates for up to 3 classes. So yes some of the guys that just got packets are going in for 2016 , it's just common sense. These guys are all being prepped for a minimum of July 15 . This next class Will be telling .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Thanks. Makes sense. I haven't spoken to my investigator since June so I guess it's about that time.
    I wouldn't stress it for another month. I haven't spoken to mine since intake , she told me when I get to u I'll let u know . They are working on other candidates also . If Ur getting paperwork for the medical and the pshyc. Then they are processing you . So I would wait another month .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    My mentor is a captain , and he's told me that for a while . Just think about it . I know for a fact , that no one in the 1400s is in this class. So say 1360 was the last number called.U have guys that should have been in there who are not , paperwork etc..

Then this next class is going to have a ****load of recycles , u have the mrsa guys who did not go back. Plus another 25 hurt and counting . I'm in the early 20** and I don't see how I'm getting in for janaury. It's possible but who knows . Now with that said . I was told repeatedly, fdny pulls enough candidates for up to 3 classes. So yes some of the guys that just got packets are going in for 2016 , it's just common sense. These guys are all being prepped for a minimum of July 15 . This next class Will be telling .
    Im sitting at 46** and im confident they will get to me. Im probably going to be in the last class.

Forum Member

honestly if any of the people in this round that are waiting on packets are to make it into jan 15 class - and I mean the 2220-2250's. they're going to need to send those packets today or monday. the process takes too long.

I bet this next class goes up to 2200 and by the look of some of the guys at the meeting - in terms of shape - the summer 2015 class will likely reach a lot higher of a number. Those list numbers will have had only a few months to get paperwork together while this jan class has had over a year and change. Lets hope that the summer 2015 gets up to 3100
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

I need to have a medical waiver signed for the practice cpat session. The problem is I don't have insurance.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to get this signed by a doctor?

Forum Member

4040 . No disrespect man but Ur all over the place , u give a lot of inaccurate information. A few weeks ago u thought the whole process takes a few months . Ur list number is low enough where u have a shot at July 15 . But others in Ur group are going to wait a lot longer , U can't really judge guys by how they look . I have a few fat friends that will surprise a lot of us .

Thread Information