Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 973 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 47387392396397097197297397497597698310231073 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,460 of 24106
Like Tree9399Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    You had mentioned it had been weeks since your psych and your haven't heard anything. They recently contacted you about it? How did they reach you?
    Called by phone
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    No completely clean record, not even a moving violation. I was just honest about the fact I took zoloft for a few months 11 years ago.
    Ahhh yeah they'll prob just want to discuss that in detail.I went a few years back and they just wanted to discuss my dwai. I think I was in there for like 20 minutes or so.

Forum Member

yea I agree with Vek, I think you'll be ok.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Ahhh yeah they'll prob just want to discuss that in detail.I went a few years back and they just wanted to discuss my dwai. I think I was in there for like 20 minutes or so.
    Do they let you know right there that you're good to go or is it basically no news is good news ?
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Do they let you know right there that you're good to go or is it basically no news is good news ?
    Things have obviously changed in the process from a few years back, but this is how it went:

Basically I went in one morning (dressed in jeans and a polo as the letter I received indicated no dress code), sat down in a chair and a nice chat about my past with a woman I had just met that day. She was actually really nice, which made things very easy (I'm assuming she's a licensed shrink). Once I walked out of that office, I never heard another thing about that conversation so I assume I "passed" the test. If I had to guess, it's probably another one of those "no news is good news" kind of situations.

Forum Member

No completely clean record, not even a moving violation. I was just honest about the fact I took zoloft for a few months 11 years ago.
    I think he just wants to meet you in person and make sure you're all right. 11 years ago is a very long time, but I guess they have to check anyways.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Things have obviously changed in the process from a few years back, but this is how it went:

Basically I went in one morning (dressed in jeans and a polo as the letter I received indicated no dress code), sat down in a chair and a nice chat about my past with a woman I had just met that day. She was actually really nice, which made things very easy (I'm assuming she's a licensed shrink). Once I walked out of that office, I never heard another thing about that conversation so I assume I "passed" the test. If I had to guess, it's probably another one of those "no news is good news" kind of situations.
    Good luck to you and Tom. I honestly don't know anything about it but seeing as how they were planning on hiring people with felonies or something a year ago I gotta imagine as long as you've kept your nose clean and been stable for a while you are all good as long as you are honest (aside from your weekly # of beers maybe).

My thinking is that they aren't hiring the person you were 10 years ago they are hiring the person you are now.
    grizzle likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Yeah, I always do the math to give
    myself hope, but not holding breath. Still training like I would be in the next class though, even though I know it's probably 2016 at earliest, if at all.
    Wats your approximate list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Good luck to you and Tom. I honestly don't know anything about it but seeing as how they were planning on hiring people with felonies or something a year ago I gotta imagine as long as you've kept your nose clean and been stable for a while you are all good as long as you are honest (aside from your weekly # of beers maybe).

My thinking is that they aren't hiring the person you were 10 years ago they are hiring the person you are now.
    Yeah I'm not worried about it. I've kept my nose clean since the last round of processing (Thank God). Tom, when you go in to talk, just be cool, calm, and collect. You'll do fine man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Wats your approximate list number?
    46xx

PS. When I took my test, the names in the video didn't match the names in my booklet... I was speaking to someone else about the test last week and they said theirs wasn't like that. Anyone else experience that? I assume they just gave me like booklet A even though I was in room C or something like that. Too late to do anything now, just curiousity.

Forum Member

1/3 of the way through, what a great feeling! Long way to go though. Toughest 6 weeks of my life. I've learned so much more about myself and about other things in general. 12 to go!!!

Forum Member

I am confused, do we have to have a doctor sign off on the CPAT test release? It states "To be signed by a physician if you have any of the conditions listed on the reverse side or if you believe you may not be physically or medically fit to take the test." So after reading that I believe I just sign and thats that. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Forum Member

On the puschological test do they ask any questions regarding work history?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    On the puschological test do they ask any questions regarding work history?
    They want you to list you entire work history like you did for the intake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    I am confused, do we have to have a doctor sign off on the CPAT test release? It states "To be signed by a physician if you have any of the conditions listed on the reverse side or if you believe you may not be physically or medically fit to take the test." So after reading that I believe I just sign and thats that. Please correct me if I am wrong?
    I got it today I was wondering the same thing. It's looking as if you're good to go if you don't have any of those conditions underneath.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

But in the questionaire itself do they ask stuff like have u ever been fired...have u ever been late to work ...have u ever quit etc etc

Forum Member

Basically idk if they will ask for an interview with the shrink for having been late or fired from past jobs

Forum Member

You do not need it signed unless you have any of those issues. I didn't have it signed when I went through it, and they accepted it..

Forum Member

Guys with higher list numbers I wouldn't worry too much, the more time that passes - the lower down the list you go - you find the less interested candidates, people that found other careers, people that have had kids or some other life changing event and can't or won't take the job, and definitely people that will not get their residency points.

I just got hired as a bus driver and I'm banging out pullups during my layovers and working out in the depots gym. If I didn't want the job I could just settle for this and get fat. I'm sure there are many many more in similar situations. Time is our enemy and our friend.

Lets see how these next two classes look before we start getting worried lol
    River6019, Ladders 4 and test2000 like this.
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

4000s needn't worry. I would be concerned with the 6-7k range. I bet somewhere in there this list stops. Unless they squeeze one last class in in 2017

Thread Information