Like Tree9817Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    In regards to those talking of list number ranges for the upcoming academy classes, Lt Cacciola clearly stated his list number projections for the upcoming classes. I understand its still speculation I just want to relay what he said when we spoke to him on Sep 2nd at the info sessions..these are his projections;
    Jan 15 - around 1700
    July 15 - around 2200
    Jan 16 - around 2700

He then said that he doesnt know about candidates after 5000.
    Again, im not agreeing to these numbers Im just relaying info.
    I was there Tuesday and I do not recall hearing him say that. Must have said it when they divided into groups. Either way I refuse to believe at 26xx I'm bring prepped for jan16.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I was there Tuesday and I do not recall hearing him say that. Must have said it when they divided into groups. Either way I refuse to believe at 26xx I'm bring prepped for jan16.
    He said it when He split the class in two and took only one half of the class to go watch the CPAT video in a seperate room. After we watched it we went out into the hallway where he said hed answer our questions about our process..have no motive to lie about something like that dude, like I said before, im only passing on info that was heard At the Academy, By Lt. Cacciola, I do not agree with his projections im just doing what the rite thing to do is..when you hear something you share it with the guys on the forum, im only trying to do the rite thing by the forum, that is all

Forum Member

He said it when He split the class in two and took only one half of the class to go watch the CPAT video in a seperate room. After we watched it we went out into the hallway where he said hed answer our questions about our process..have no motive to lie about something like that dude, like I said before, im only passing on info that was heard At the Academy, By Lt. Cacciola, I do not agree with his projections im just doing what the rite thing to do is..when you hear something you share it with the guys on the forum, im only trying to do the rite thing by the forum, that is all

I'm not doubting if he actually said that. I'm doubting that it's correct.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Do all the projecting you want. Remember the facts and use them.

There have been, essentially, 2 classes thus far. Yes, I know that the current class is the 4th, but EMS promos and the court ordered hires made up 98% of those two classes. It took NEARLY 1,400 people to fill those classes. Add another 700 to fill the winter class and you fall into the 2,100 +/- range. Of course there will be recycles, but how many? It's really not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Historically, classes shed 10%, that's 32 people. Of those 32, about 20-25 will choose to try again. Even with this class having some additional retreads due to the MRSA thing, you might get 35 people returning. With a 2:1 hiring ratio (which is small). that would only be the difference between reaching list number 2,030 and 2,100.

Stop examining it with a microscope......I already did that! Read above.

Forum Member

yea i too doubt the accuracy of the numbers Lt gave - he even said to not hold him to those numbers. also there seems to be a trend here with CID and others that when quoting numbers they've been low balling them - I wonder if that has to do with the DOJ ruling and them wanting to make the process appear easier and the job attainable. Just a thought. Because we all remember when they announced the test was done and list was established that they thought up to 97s had a shot.

more important, the way Lt. explained the numbers and hiring process was that with every incoming class, there are numbers that got 'overlooked/passed' for some reason. those people, the ones with lower numbers will be offered the job each and every time a new academy is being put together, and for this reason, the list numbers are lower than what many expect.

Why is that? they gave us all papers that said there are no deferrals, and i felt like in lists passed, if you weren't on top of your game they just passed you. Im not talking about military or guys with confirmed injuries or those under 21 etc. I think its a little weak to have some guy with a list number of 400 have a job for two years and they get fired and say ok now I wanna try the academy in 2017, so they hire him. I mean I guess its fair? just seems like a job as competitive as fdny wouldn't allow this.

id say 2125 for the upcoming class and 2900ish for the one after. lets wait and see.
    ok enough of all that happy derek jeter day
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

I posted in October 2012, almost two years ago before the classes even started that the list number would not go high. I get flamed pretty bad for telling someone who was 6700 that he didn't really have a shot. Check the link below, I was like the only one with reasonable predictions back then.

I know it may have come across mean, but I am just realistic with my predictions and for good reason.

Post 4131
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...7/#post1343970 (FDNY Exam 2000)

Same reasons apply, everybody is going to take the job. The economy sucks and there isn't anything better. Lets also face the fact that everybody wants this job for reasons I don't want to discuss here because people get ****ed off. Lets just say I did plenty of salary calculations taking into account the retirement benefits and if you compare them to the private work force you would have to be crazy not to take the job.

Even I have a masters and other work experience and am going to take this job. If I told you guys the certification I have you would think I was crazy, but it just goes to show that people are not going to pass this up. You can't compare the ratios here to previous ratios.

Maybe his numbers are a bit off, but I say that if you're above 5000 don't quit your day job.

Sorry to offend anyone here, but it's better to know the deal and adjust your life accordingly then listen to some rosy feel good predictions. I'm not saying to not prepare and give up but if you're above 4000 I would start planning an alternate job in case this never happens.

Play it smart guys, if the Lt. is giving those numbers out I would not rule them out. He knows a lot more than you pulling predictions based on previous tests.

Forum Member

In regards to those talking of list number ranges for the upcoming academy classes, Lt Cacciola clearly stated his list number projections for the upcoming classes. I understand its still speculation I just want to relay what he said when we spoke to him on Sep 2nd at the info sessions..these are his projections;
    Jan 15 - around 1700
    July 15 - around 2200
    Jan 16 - around 2700

He then said that he doesnt know about candidates after 5000.
    Again, im not agreeing to these numbers Im just relaying info.
    I disagree with Lt Cacciola's predictions. He can't give predictions on the July 2015 and Jan 2016 because these candidates have not even begun the process and there are too many unknown variables. We don't know how many candidates will lose residency credits, are overage, lost interest/pursued other careers, medically/backround disqualified, not in shape etc. As the list goes further down the hiring ratio goes up. He can't possibly predict the future 3 classes because the variables are unknown until candidates start the process.

Here are my predictions for January 2015. For simplicity sake I added 870 (EMS) + 490 (Ph) + 1360 (OC) = 2720 Total Candidates

2720 (total candidates) /1200 (4 classes x 300) = 2.26 overall hiring ratio

Therefore with a 2.26 ratio January 2015 will reach somewhere around 2038.

If I get this right I'm going to Vegas for my bday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post

Therefore with a 2.26 ratio January 2015 will reach somewhere around 2038.

If I get this right I'm going to Vegas for my bday.
    I'm thinking this is about spot on with the ratio going up just a touch for the july '15 class. say around 2775 give or take 50 numbers

Forum Member

I understand why you guys disagree, I just think the rite thing to do is to pass on info that was given at the academy by the Lt. Cacciola, considering it was the yopic of choice at the moment. I didnt mean to get anybody upset ya know im sorry if I did..

Forum Member

I'm not upset. I'm glad I heard it.

Forum Member

I still believe southbx presictions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm not upset. I'm glad I heard it.
    If I were u . I would move on to something else . In the meantime, either way u have a long wait . So why not take advantage of the time and keep on moving to something else.

Forum Member

I understand why you guys disagree, I just think the rite thing to do is to pass on info that was given at the academy by the Lt. Cacciola, considering it was the yopic of choice at the moment. I didnt mean to get anybody upset ya know im sorry if I did..
    Thanks for sharing that info. Nobody seems upset.Some people agree with what he said and others don't. Everything is speculation.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Well, that sucks about the projections (if those are somewhat accurate). Maybe I get into the final class in 2017? Who knows. Can't really worry about it. At best I was looking at July 2016 anyway so what's another 6 months after that? Waited this long already.

Question to anyone who has insight. Does New York State service time carry over to city?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    Well, that sucks about the projections (if those are somewhat accurate). Maybe I get into the final class in 2017? Who knows. Can't really worry about it. At best I was looking at July 2016 anyway so what's another 6 months after that? Waited this long already.

Question to anyone who has insight. Does New York State service time carry over to city?
    Whats your list number if you dont mind me asking?....im around 46**

Forum Member

Does anybody know anyway I can catch the Steve Buscemi program on HBO tonight eithout actually having the HBO channel? Ive heard of websites you can go on and watch stuff live, I wonder if id be able to do that. Thanks for any feedback

Forum Member

46xx. Same as you more or less lol

Forum Member

46xx. Same as you more or less lol
    Ok cool....im thinking july 16 for us

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Ok cool....im thinking july 16 for us
    That was my initial thought a while back as well. Common sense says the further down the list the less likely people are interested or have the residency credits.

Despite that being said, I'm starting to doubt it now though. Unless they squeeze 2 classes into 2017? If that ends up being the case I'll feel a lot better about my chances.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Does anybody know anyway I can catch the Steve Buscemi program on HBO tonight eithout actually having the HBO channel? Ive heard of websites you can go on and watch stuff live, I wonder if id be able to do that. Thanks for any feedback
    No t.v episodes can you watch live besides sports channels. You'll have to download otherwise.

Forum Member

That was my initial thought a while back as well. Common sense says the further down the list the less likely people are interested or have the residency credits.

Despite that being said, I'm starting to doubt it now though. Unless they squeeze 2 classes into 2017? If that ends up being the case I'll feel a lot better about my chances.
    If they are going thru 700 per class and the ratio is the same....we will be fine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    No t.v episodes can you watch live besides sports channels. You'll have to download otherwise.
    Oh okay thats only for sports, thanks for the info lol

Forum Member

Has anyone without insurance figured out what they are going to do to get the medical waiver signed?

The last doctor I went to wants $100 for blood work and $85 for a physical just to be able to sign the form, not only is there a 2 week waiting period to see him.

Can some of you without insurance who still need the form signed or had to deal with getting this form signed, comment on what you did or are going to do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Has anyone without insurance figured out what they are going to do to get the medical waiver signed?

The last doctor I went to wants $100 for blood work and $85 for a physical just to be able to sign the form, not only is there a 2 week waiting period to see him.

Can some of you without insurance who still need the form signed or had to deal with getting this form signed, comment on what you did or are going to do.

Urgent Care, bro. That's really your only option. That is what I do. Depending on where you go, still gonna charge you $75-100 to see him without insurance. The only thing you might be able to find is a guy who doesn't need to do blood work on you, and will just check you out and sign it.

Forum Member

My training begins next week. If I get the medical waiver signed do I have to bring it to someone, or just have it at the start of the training program?

Thanks

Thread Information