Like Tree9513Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I take it as you never went to the the rock for the info session they held. At the info session you picked a designated day of the week in which you have to attend cpat prep
    I did not ... who can I get in contact with to sign up for this CPAT prep ? Anyone have a contact ?

Forum Member

Might be able to contact David Lin, he handed out his business card at the orientation. His email is lind@fdny.nyc.gov ... He said to email him with questions I bet he can help you out .. I am signed up for Wed night prep classes, pumped to go also got the DCAS orientation letter as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    Might be able to contact David Lin, he handed out his business card at the orientation. His email is lind@fdny.nyc.gov ... He said to email him with questions I bet he can help you out .. I am signed up for Wed night prep classes, pumped to go also got the DCAS orientation letter as well.
    Are there any weekend classes ?

Also, is his number listed on the business card ? I tried emailing him and nothing yet.

Forum Member

Is is me or did like 200 pages of this thread disappear?
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Just emal he doesnt take phone calls
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Is is me or did like 200 pages of this thread disappear?
    Yep they're gone

Forum Member

So I finally got In touch with dcas and someone helped, it was sent to me over a week ago and I must go in person now to get a duplicate, fun fun.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Why is it that every now and again, one of us, whose normal, and closing in on getting into the Academy posts a totally logical question about Stairmaster or Psych prep and etiquette only to be insulted by some complete idiot trying to make themselves sound tough? I don't mean most cuz I've gotten great insight on issues from awesome fellow candidates on here but some just take away from it like its helping them or making them look cool. I'm a Marine Vet, and I always make sure to give everyone respect. Some of us will probably run into each other in the academy. Why be negative? Best job in the world around the corner for a lot of us. I watch some working against one another and what I feel all this stands for, and means to me, when more should be looking out for one another. I don't know, I'm venting. Am I just an *********?
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone doing cpat tonight?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    Why is it that every now and again, one of us, whose normal, and closing in on getting into the Academy posts a totally logical question about Stairmaster or Psych prep and etiquette only to be insulted by some complete idiot trying to make themselves sound tough? I don't mean most cuz I've gotten great insight on issues from awesome fellow candidates on here but some just take away from it like its helping them or making them look cool. I'm a Marine Vet, and I always make sure to give everyone respect. Some of us will probably run into each other in the academy. Why be negative? Best job in the world around the corner for a lot of us. I watch some working against one another and what I feel all this stands for, and means to me, when more should be looking out for one another. I don't know, I'm venting. Am I just an *********?
    I've been reading and analyzing these forums for about 2 years now and I completely understand where your sentiments lie Jack.

Things are positive on here for a while, one man helping another man out ... and then all of a sudden ... someone gets the urge to just be a complete total jaq a$s for no apparent reason. Sometimes I ask myself, why ? Where does that urge come from ?

So you know more about this process than the next candidate ? So you've been on like 7 eligible lists before this one ? so every male person older than you in your family is OTJ ?

Big deal. Still doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.

This forum has been and can continue to be a great asset for our class and many classes to come ... and if somehow we can contain or even eliminate the smug, pompous remarks ... it'd be even better.
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    Anyone doing cpat tonight?
    Question ... what do they ask for to be allowed in to the Rock for CPAT practice ?

Can i just show my ID and list number ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Question ... what do they ask for to be allowed in to the Rock for CPAT practice ?

What number are you? They only call up to a certain list number I believe for the practice session. You would get a packet in the mail.

Then you need a doctors waiver form signed and your ID when you show up for the practice sessions.

You just can't show up I believe.

Forum Member

I received my card from DCAS with two dates ... 10/2 and 10/7.

What I would like to know is how I can go and practice at the rock on a regular basis.
    That would have been good to know with your original question. They should have sent you an invite to do the info session. Emailing that guy Lin is probably the best move.

Forum Member

You need to be invited. Either they didn't invite you yet, or they meant to and it got lost along the way. Get ahold of someone there and see if your list # should have been givin an invite. Don't just show up to the rock on a random night.

Forum Member

some one I know as an aquantance is a the cpat training right now, my friend saw him and heard his name . weird thing is he has a score below 90. How is that possible.

Forum Member

so do we bring this $25 money order to the orientation for CPAT or first test day?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    so do we bring this $25 money order to the orientation for CPAT or first test day?
    They tell you to bring it with you the first orientation day but neither myself nor anyone I know had it accepted on the first orientation day. As far as I know, everyone had it taken on the first real cpat day. I feel like they tell you to have it on the orientation day so they know you will have it come the real test. If they ask for it when its really needed and you forget, you're screwed. If they ask for it when you dont need it, and you forget, you still have the extra time to get it. Just get it for the orientation.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    some one I know as an aquantance is a the cpat training right now, my friend saw him and heard his name . weird thing is he has a score below 90. How is that possible.
    It's possible that there are two candidates on the list with the same names . And I mean identical names , And he just happens to be the one with the higher score , it's all based on the social security number .
    SI91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I was wondering where you heard about this $25 money order, than I decided to take a closer look at my CPAT orientation notice. I totally never unfolded the thing completely and missed the whole section where they tell you about this $25 money order amongst other things.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    It's possible that there are two candidates on the list with the same names . And I mean identical names , And he just happens to be the one with the higher score , it's all based on the social security number .
    Disregard. I made a mistake, the search function was skipping his name for some reason.

At what point do all these people have to prove residency? is it before or after the CPAT

Thread Information