Like Tree9521Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Does anyone know if the sledge hammer cpat test is similar to the practice tests we having using the tire?

My Cpat traning instructor told us to hold one hand very close to the head of the slege hammer, basically having a very wide distance between the two hands. Is this how you want to hold the slege hammer during the actual CPAT when not hitting a tire?
    Everything you guys are doing at Randall's island for the cpat prep is more challenging then the actual cpat. The machine that's measuring your force for the cpat took me roughly 6 hits for the buzzer to go off, meanwhile at cpat prep it would take anywhere between 20-30 swings to get the tire across (depended on the weather and how much air was actually in the tire).

The way the firefighters show you have to do everything during the cpat prep are the techniques that will help save you time on the cpat. Do as they say, they will not lead you wrong.

Forum Member

Believe me everyone, CPAT is easy.. Medical is easy being that you get to fail 3 times and still have a chance.. intake interview is nothing but handing papers in.. The whole process is easy, it's the waiting that's the hard part. Unless you're horrible out of shape, you'll be more then fine. Although I did see out of shape ppl pass everything as well
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

Avtually like that they have cPat training before our packets. That way guys can start to see if it's for them and not waste time with the long packet application if it's not. Wish they'd come already tho lol
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Avtually like that they have cPat training before our packets. That way guys can start to see if it's for them and not waste time with the long packet application if it's not. Wish they'd come already tho lol
    the packet is not that big honestly . I filled mine out the day before my intake . And the entire process like mentioned before is not as bad as people make it out to be . It's pretty smooth . The wait sucks but other than that . Things are being blown out of proportion a bit much .

Forum Member

Did you guys speak with David Lin to attend the cpat sessions? I'm trying to sign up for the Saturday sessions but he's not answering my emails.

Forum Member

I need a little help. I was away during orientation week (Sep 2-6). I was able to sign up via phone to tomorrows 8am CPAT Training session. What do i need to bring? I also received a separate CPAT orientation notice with 2 dates to chose from (Oct 1st or 7th). They are asking for a $25 money order payable to DCAS Exams. Are they basically the same thing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    I need a little help. I was away during orientation week (Sep 2-6). I was able to sign up via phone to tomorrows 8am CPAT Training session. What do i need to bring? I also received a separate CPAT orientation notice with 2 dates to chose from (Oct 1st or 7th). They are asking for a $25 money order payable to DCAS Exams. Are they basically the same thing?
    You need to bring, ID, medical clearance, and that CPAT practice card they gave you with the date on it. That is all, leave everything else in the car because you will have to leave it on your seat when you go practice for the CPAT.

The two CPAT orientation dates are the same, you choose and go to only one. I guess you can go to both but its not recommended.

Forum Member

Guys, when I did my first stair master climb with 75lbs at CPAT training, I forced myself to do the 3:20 minutes (didn't want to look like a wuss you know in front of everyone) and felt like I was going to throw up afterwards. Boy, did I want to quit before that 3 minutes.

Forum Member

Guys, when I did my first stair master climb with 75lbs at CPAT training, I forced myself to do the 3:20 minutes (didn't want to look like a wuss you know in front of everyone) and felt like I was going to throw up afterwards. Boy, did I want to quit before that 3 minutes.

Well tell us. Are you really 5'10" and 130 lbs? Or was that a typo...

Forum Member

3 min go's by so fast

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Well tell us. Are you really 5'10" and 130 lbs? Or was that a typo...
    I'm exactly 5 feet and 9.5 inches, and when wearing underwear I weigh 130lbs. This is correct.

Thread Information