Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    For those that are in the academy now, and those that just graduated. Make sure you do well on FST, I know you did not need to pass this to graduate but from what I'm hearing, they are pulling guys that just on out from their respected FHs and making them do it. I don't know why, just thought I'd mention it. Something about making it mandatory to pass like it was for my class.
    GOOD. It should've stayed mandatory. But i thought our class was the only time they changed it. A passing fst score wasnt required for last class either?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Does anyone know a good minute goal to do on the stair master?

I'm rising my time slowly, I am using 82lbs and did 4 minutes today on it. Probably could have gone higher, but no reason to rush it.

What would be a good time to shoot for with 82lbs to make sure that I am able to do it on the test and be able to get off and do the rest of the CPAT.

Thanks
    CPAT is only 3:12 I believe, so you should be OK there. Medical is 5-8 min depending whether you pass the first time or need the 8 min. I'd work up to 10 min just to be sure you'd pass it.

Forum Member

For those that are in the academy now, and those that just graduated. Make sure you do well on FST, I know you did not need to pass this to graduate but from what I'm hearing, they are pulling guys that just on out from their respected FHs and making them do it. I don't know why, just thought I'd mention it. Something about making it mandatory to pass like it was for my class.
    I'm one of the names being called back to do FST again. I scored a 98 on engine FST and 100 on truck FST and graduated with a 95 overall average. Judging by some of the names I saw on the memorandum being called to do it again, I can assure you it's NOT just the slow and dumb people being called back. The list looks random and has to do with something ridiculous to accommodate whiners. Stop speculating.
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    I'm one of the names being called back to do FST again. I scored a 98 on engine FST and 100 on truck FST and graduated with a 95 overall average. Judging by some of the names I saw on the memorandum being called to do it again, I can assure you it's NOT just the slow and dumb people being called back. The list looks random and has to do with something ridiculous to accommodate whiners. Stop speculating.
    It was what we heard in the FH, that's why I mentioned it. When I came in today, I asked a guy being called also, he said they are gonna film you doing it also.

Forum Member

N
    It was what we heard in the FH, that's why I mentioned it. When I came in today, I asked a guy being called also, he said they are gonna film you doing it also.
    Sounds like a documentary

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Sounds like a documentary
    It's not a documentary.

Forum Member

Sounds like documentation for legal purposes. Can't be good.

Forum Member

For guys otj, you can go back and run through the cpat course for fun you just gotta talk to the fitness unit. While we've been there seen several guys come back and do it a few times just for some practice.

As far as the videography of it all I think it's because the fitness unit is being pressed as to why so many people get hurt in the beginning and such and now they are being forced to make videos to give out to upcoming probies. Reason being so they can see what the training is like and train for it. They've recorded a bunch of our regular pt sessions.

Forum Member

Looking for some input. Last week at the FDNY cpat course we had a kid asking questions about the medical. He said he had just failed his first try on the stairs and had to go back for a second attempt. Just wondering how he could be signed up for the cpat courses (obviously hasn't passed that yet) but already had a shot at the medical. Is it possible to have the medical before the cpat/initial intake interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jburk1 View Post
    Looking for some input. Last week at the FDNY cpat course we had a kid asking questions about the medical. He said he had just failed his first try on the stairs and had to go back for a second attempt. Just wondering how he could be signed up for the cpat courses (obviously hasn't passed that yet) but already had a shot at the medical. Is it possible to have the medical before the cpat/initial intake interview?
    I was there too I was pretty confused myself

Forum Member

It is possible. My memory is hazy, but I feel like I did my medical before my first CPAT attempt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It is possible. My memory is hazy, but I feel like I did my medical before my first CPAT attempt.
    Got ya. is it normal to go through the medical before we even get packets. I know theres no set order and Idk about other guys but I haven't gotten a packet yet. And I would assume they wouldn't waste money on medicals before people got the packets and all. Don't mean to be a pain in the ***, just trying to get an idea of where we're at.

Forum Member

Is anyone else (And I know it's way early. We've got till probably end of November earliest) still opening their email expectantly hoping for that run-letter? Ugh, patience!
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

N
    It's about a lawsuit not my class not being required to pass it. The only class not required to pass it is the current class right now. The guys getting called back represent firemen in the field. It's random guys from last class. The state wants to see if people on the job now can pass fst and if it's relevant to what we do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    It's about a lawsuit not my class not being required to pass it. The only class not required to pass it is the current class right now. The guys getting called back represent firemen in the field. It's random guys from last class. The state wants to see if people on the job now can pass fst and if it's relevant to what we do.
    Wooo. Here we go again...

Forum Member

Got ya. is it normal to go through the medical before we even get packets. I know theres no set order and Idk about other guys but I haven't gotten a packet yet. And I would assume they wouldn't waste money on medicals before people got the packets and all. Don't mean to be a pain in the ***, just trying to get an idea of where we're at.
    I'd assume it's all the same to them. Medical probably knocks more people out of the process than CPAT, so they aren't really wasting money on the medical when you assume most people will pass everything else and get to at least that step.

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Annnnnnd that's what I thought. My bet is UWF is claiming that FST is not relevant to the job or not a good indicator of actual performance needs in the field and thus discriminatory to women. Next up they'll probably be challenging the 1.5m run on the basis that FFs don't actually need to run anywhere, even though the run has nothing to do with actual running ability and is a measure of endurance (which I think everyone agrees we do need).
    My1Goal, Rdarf85 and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

will the practice sessions at randalls island be cancelled because of rain?

If not will you do the course out in the rain?

Forum Member

N
    will the practice sessions at randalls island be cancelled because of rain?

If not will you do the course out in the rain?
    I'm gonna assume its closed for cpat. There was only a medical clearance signed. I don't remember a liability
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

So I take it your not going to show for the practice session tonight? It is estimated at 100% of rain at 7PM. Doesn't lood good.

I'd hate to spend the money for tolls and hours travel to get there and it is closed or they just do stuff inside.

Is there anyone we can call or check. I wish someone asked this question if the session is on if it is raining.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Is anyone else (And I know it's way early. We've got till probably end of November earliest) still opening their email expectantly hoping for that run-letter? Ugh, patience!

Hahaa I know how you feel I'm trying to remain as patient as possible... Do we have an idea of when the next class starts for sure? I know a few dates were thrown around on here a few weeks ago

Forum Member

It's a little rain. I'd be surprised if they cancelled for this. Though isn't there a phone # or something to call and check on it?

edit: "If it ain't raining it ain't training" is an axiom you should get used to.

Forum Member

So I take it your not going to show for the practice session tonight? It is estimated at 100% of rain at 7PM. Doesn't lood good.

I'd hate to spend the money for tolls and hours travel to get there and it is closed or they just do stuff inside.

Is there anyone we can call or check. I wish someone asked this question if the session is on if it is raining.
    The Facebook page would state if it was canceled. Also I'm assuming an automated message aswell from
    Mr lin

Forum Member

Anybody know the date that the current class is set to graduate?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDEngine View Post
    Anybody know the date that the current class is set to graduate?
    Nov 21 is the tentative date

Forum Member

what list number has CID reached with the background packets? Sitting at 37xx and wondering when I should expect something, thank you.

Thread Information