Like Tree11264Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    what list number has CID reached with the background packets? Sitting at 37xx and wondering when I should expect something, thank you.
    somewhere around 2220 give or take a couple dozen packets.

looks like the next round of packets, whenever they send them out, will reach up to the 3300's or so - pretty much the people that are currently going to the rock for CPAT prep training. most on here estimate this group of list numbers to encompass everyone on the list who scored 100, this isn't confirmed though. Seems like the rumor is that a few guys in the high 2200's just might get close to getting into the next class. with the majority of this round of packets getting into the july 15 class.

keep in mind there will be left over from the say 3100-3300s that will go in jan 16

you will probably get a packet next year. spring/summer maybe. all depends

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    what list number has CID reached with the background packets? Sitting at 37xx and wondering when I should expect something, thank you.
    are you currently doing the cpat training at the rock? if you are, you shouldn't be that far off

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    are you currently doing the cpat training at the rock? if you are, you shouldn't be that far off
    no i haven't gotten anything yet-currently not doing cpat training.

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post

looks like the next round of packets, whenever they send them out, will reach up to the 3300's or so - pretty much the people that are currently going to the rock for CPAT prep training. most on here estimate this group of list numbers to encompass everyone on the list who scored 100, this isn't confirmed though. Seems like the rumor is that a few guys in the high 2200's just might get close to getting into the next class. with the majority of this round of packets getting into the july 15 class.

keep in mind there will be left over from the say 3100-3300s that will go in jan 16

hey thanks a lot. so looking like a july 2016 academy barring some really bad luck.

Forum Member

I know this was asked a lot but the searching function on this forum or google doesn't work, it won't link you to the right page.

Anyway, how is parking for CPAT orientation? From what I can tell it is difficult to find parking.

This is the location at 43-11 34th street, 11101

Forum Member

Take the 7 to the 33rd Steet/Rawson stop. It's much easier there's no marking except for the muni-meter under the 7. Oh, and look for the weird looking warehouse with a green door. Otherwise you'll never find it haha.

Forum Member

Wow....ppl in the 3000's are doing cpat training! This is great news.... The 99's are next....hopefully they get to all of them

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Nov 21 is the tentative date
    Did it change, last I heard was the 18th.

Forum Member

Graduation is Nov 18th barring any unforeseen complications.

I've heard many say next class starts Dec 29th

Cpat training usually goes on even in rain unless it's absolutely pouring out.

Parking for cpat orientation is kinda ****ty but if you're there early enough you can find something just gotta pay the meter.

Forum Member

When does the current list actually expire?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    When does the current list actually expire?
    According to the automated message....the oc list expires in july of 2017

Forum Member

Farewell captain. Perfect way a legend can end his career at Yankee Stadium is with a game winning walk off hit.

Now I feel like the real Yankees are gone >.< I miss the 90's
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

There are probably a few guys that were on here that are now on medical leave. These are the same people that said they were ready, just saying. Be ready people, mentally nd physically. If it's sore, ice it, if you are in pain, take aleve. Only tap out if you are seriously injured, don't waste their time by leaving to get more time to study or train because you are failing something or if it's just minor pain you have.
    FDsouthbxNY and Rdarf85 like this.

Forum Member

As an out-of-city resident with a 97.. I completely agree.
    test2000 likes this.

Forum Member

Any guys studying the probie manual having trouble with the pages lining up? Such as in Week 2 the Search says chapter 16 pages 81-104 but there is no page 81? There is however a search section/.

Forum Member

Cpat training on 10/04 is rescheduled to 10/05

Forum Member

A small step but pretty excited, just got in from a run and finally hit a mile and a half in under 13, 12:34, I'm just starting cpat training now so I have awhile to the run but I wanna have it down considerably before then, train train train!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Wow....ppl in the 3000's are doing cpat training! This is great news.... The 99's are next....hopefully they get to all of them
    If they didn't receive their packets yet then they are still doing CPAT training?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    If they didn't receive their packets yet then they are still doing CPAT training?
    Yea they just started cpat training without packets....Im not sure what the rational is but Im sure they know what they are doing.

Forum Member

If you have a chance at the next class or the one after and your 1.5 run isn't under 12 yet you are seriously behind.

Good for the post for finally writing about somethjng truthfully. Standards were severly lowered and recruitment suffered.

People really need to step it up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    If you have a chance at the next class or the one after and your 1.5 run isn't under 12 yet you are seriously behind.

Good for the post for finally writing about somethjng truthfully. Standards were severly lowered and recruitment suffered.

I definitely have a lot of work to do , however I don't think I'm "seriously" behind , I have 0 shot for this class, and I'm on the fence for July 15, so at best I have 9 months or so until the run. Running is my biggest weakness. I've actually posted about that prior. My stairs with vest is well above the 8 min required for medical, push ups pull ups and calesthenics in general are good, obviously always room for improvement in all aspects of fitness, but I've been working out and eating properly even before the fdny opportunity came around , I never ran however, I hated running. So I'm working on that, I started it at around 15 min for the 1.5, and I've been doing what I have to do being almost a year out, running everyday, or close to it. And I'm down to 12:30, by my academy I'd like to be in the 11's , and no one is going to take this opportunity away from me , so I will be training until I am in proper academy shape. I do agree with the standards though, it annoys the crap outta me, I would rather do it the harder way instead of this "fdny light" version. Those of us that actually want to be FFs would be prepared. I just hope this crap doesn't trend to more LODI or worse LODD cause a member of someone's unit was allowed to pass through without being up to true job standard and when the time came to help a fellow FF they drop the ball.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post

What were the old standards?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by antmdog View Post
    What were the old standards?
    I think it's less about old vs new standards and more about candidates coming to the academy prepared or over prepared.

The applicant pool, and hiring ratio, has always evolved and will continue to evolve. I think In the past going through the process was harder because less opportunities were given to defer, reschedule, pass steps and prepare for the hiring process. Then again a lot of guys didn't need those services because they new other people on the job and got those resources in a more informal way.

Bottom line is if you say you want the job you'll do all the soul searching and physical and personal preparation in takes, in your power, to get hired and stay hired.

Other people will make excuses and find a fault in those patterns on excuses
    Matador611 and DSNY2FDNY like this.

Forum Member

I think it's less about old vs new standards and more about candidates coming to the academy prepared or over prepared.

The applicant pool, and hiring ratio, has always evolved and will continue to evolve. I think In the past going through the process was harder because less opportunities were given to defer, reschedule, pass steps and prepare for the hiring process. Then again a lot of guys didn't need those services because they new other people on the job and got those resources in a more informal way.

Bottom line is if you say you want the job you'll do all the soul searching and physical and personal preparation in takes, in your power, to get hired and stay hired.

Other people will make excuses and find a fault in those patterns on excuses
    Yeah I just think the article is a bit misleading. Most of the guys out on medical leave are out due to MRSA...

Thread Information