Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    I'm curious if someone recently OTJ or in the academy now can give a breakdown of lets say the HARDEST day of PT that you had. Obviously I would not expect it to be completely accurate but if you could give an idea of something along the lines of:
    50 jumping jacks
    30 pushups
    30 burpees
    30 mountain climbers
    30 pushups
    etc...

Thanks in advance.
    It can't easily be summed up like that, and even if it could I wouldn't. Often times the hard part is that even if you have an easy PT day the class before and the class after may be *** kickers. It's often an all day endurance event.
    Medic2312 likes this.

Forum Member

I don't mean to slight anyone who has asked about how hard the PT days are, but does it really matter? If it's just out of general curiosity, that I can understand. If you are however trying to curtail your workout to be able to accomplish whatever someone may respond with, it's as if you're striving for mediocrity. I say this because, other than some military veterans, this will be undoubtedly the most physically difficult and demanding part of our civilian lives. Period. We should be training as hard and as intense as we possibly can, everyday, no matter what. If we're not, we're doing a disservice to more people than just ourselves.

Forum Member

^^^^^
    Agree, just train your asses off. If you are in shape, you will adjust to the workouts and training. If you are not, you will either get in shape quickly or quit. Trust me, I was no triathlete, but I made it cause I came in the best shape of my life. You guys got more than enough info on the PT sessions.

Forum Member

Replaces the 30 with 100 and 50 with 200. Then add a 3-4 mile run.

Someone OTJ said that should kind of prepare you somewhat lol. Everyday is a new day. Just be fit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1202000000.pdf

VETERANS’ PREFERENCE CREDITS AND LEGACY CREDITS: The New York State Civil Service Law provides
    that additional points can be added to the final score of a candidate who is, or by the date of appointment expects to be,
    an honorably discharged veteran or disabled veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States who has served during
    a time of war, as specified in New York State law; a candidate whose parent has died while engaged in the discharge of
    his or her duties as a Police Officer or Firefighter, a candidate who is the sibling of a Police Officer or Firefighter who
    was killed in the service of New York City as a result of the World Trade Center attack on September 11, 2001, or a
    candidate who is the child of an FDNY EMS member who was killed in the service of New York City as a result of the
    World Trade Center attack on September 11, 2001. To be eligible for any of these credits, a candidate must achieve a
    passing score on the examination. This is only an overview; specific conditions and instructions for requesting
    Veterans’ Preference Credits and/or Legacy Credits and additional information are indicated in the Special Circumstances
    Form included in the Application Package available at the DCAS Computerized Testing Centers and on the DCAS
    website at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...t/employ.shtml.

So it looks like it's a NYS law that gives them credit, but I don't see it mention being a NYS resident... He'd be better off calling MetroTech.
    Thanks for posting this.

Forum Member

Most of us just wanna know what pt entails so we can not be the guy that completely fails our squad at push-up number 48 or 98. Or pull-up number 19.

No one wants to be embarrassed if we only knew. That said, it's completely unacceptable to say 'hey 50 push-ups is the standard, 40 burpees is the standard, don't ask me to do more than that'

Don't do the minimum. Shane said those are called square rooters

Forum Member

19 pull ups is a lot.

Thread Information