Like Tree11346Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Thread is slow as balls lately. Here is "Brotherhood" in case somebody here hasn't seen it, or if people want to watch again. Best version I could find in one piece. It's also in parts on youtube if you're so inclined.

Just hit "free" and it will stream. You don't have to download anything. I think I may watch it again myself...

http://sharesix.com/4egn4i7nl6w1
    I have it on DVD..such a great documentary IMO the best scene is the brownstone job in Brooklyn where they make a few grabs

Forum Member

Hey everybody, been following for a long time, but first time posting.

Got my cpat test dates too, so I thought I'd share.

Nov 5-19-25. List 27xx
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

How long did it take on cpat practice day?

I intend to show up early. Hope to be done in an hour

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drylander View Post
    Hey everybody, been following for a long time, but first time posting.

Got my cpat test dates too, so I thought I'd share.

Nov 5-19-25. List 27xx
    Thanks for posting your approximate list number.... Lets us know how high they are getting

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Where did this Idea of a promo coming sooner come from?
    Can the city run a new promo even though the current promo list is essentially exhausted? And also with a current OC list ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    Congratulations to everybody receiving cpat dates. What is the highest list number receiving cpat dates at the moment?
    I got my CPAT dates & I'm low 3200's.. pretty sure everyone with a score of 100 got them.
    POLGVB and Matador611 like this.

Forum Member

Think we will get notices for psych by end of November or December?

Or are most of us just going to get packets and CPat and take psych and medical in 2015?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    I got my CPAT dates & I'm low 3200's.. pretty sure everyone with a score of 100 got them.
    Great news, thanks! I'm 36xx so hopefully this year I'll get some sort of contact. Good luck with your process!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Wow!....this great news. I should be getting contacted like around this time next year

46**
    Last edited by Matador611; 10-12-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    POLGVB and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

For the people who got the CPAT test release. I just want to make sure you only need a doctor to sign it if you do not believe you are medically fit?

It is confusing because it says you don't need it signed unless you have medical condition or don't believe you are medically fit to take the test but on another line it states the following.

"I have examined (Candidates Name) and that there is no medical contraindication to this candidate taking the firefighter CPAT test.

The line above is confusing because to me it reads that a physician needs to sign it to state there I no medical "contraindication", but why would you need that if you only need it signed if you believe you have a medical issue. Isn't that a contradiction, LOL.

Good thing I'm trying to be a firefighter and no a lawyer.

I just want to make sure here that nothing needs to be signed.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

For the guys that are currently OTJ or in the Academy now, I was wondering what your run times were for your 1.5M runs or whatever distances you were running at, I would really appreciate you sharing that, thanks a lot guys.

Forum Member

8 min miles for for five miles with interval sprints during the run
    DSNY2FDNY likes this.

Forum Member

Interested in seeing how I fare at the physical preparedness assessment session this Saturday at the Rock, more looking forward to the actual PT session the following Saturday but it's awsome that they are providing both classes. And the countdown until run-letters continues...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    8 min miles for for five miles with interval sprints during the run
    That's pretty great.
    I'm at like 2.5 at like an 8:20 pace for now, hope to get up to around 5 for 8 min per mile by the academy (hoping for July 15)

Forum Member

Some of these chapters, man. Jesus. The "Foam" chapter is like trying to read the terms and conditions page on software upgrades and the such that literally everybody in the world just hits agree without reading.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    For the people who got the CPAT test release. I just want to make sure you only need a doctor to sign it if you do not believe you are medically fit?

It is confusing because it says you don't need it signed unless you have medical condition or don't believe you are medically fit to take the test but on another line it states the following.

"I have examined (Candidates Name) and that there is no medical contraindication to this candidate taking the firefighter CPAT test.

The line above is confusing because to me it reads that a physician needs to sign it to state there I no medical "contraindication", but why would you need that if you only need it signed if you believe you have a medical issue. Isn't that a contradiction, LOL.

Good thing I'm trying to be a firefighter and no a lawyer.

I just want to make sure here that nothing needs to be signed.
    I think it boils down to the first line: "To be signed by a physician if you have any of the conditions listed on the reverse side or if you believe you may not be physically or medically fit to take the test."

So if you don't have any of the listed conditions, I don't think you need to get it signed by a physician. I think the other line you're talking about with the "no medical contraindication" just means that the physician is stating that you don't have any medical conditions that should prevent you from taking the test.

Just my interpretation... If anyone disagrees, please share, cause I don't think any of us want to show up and get turned away cause we didn't get something filled out.

Forum Member

Can someone refresh my memory, what is the uncorrected vision requirement?

Forum Member

To whoever asked: The promo talk comes from someone (I believe OTJ) who said a somewhat reliable person at HQ mentioned running 15 week classes (so they could do 3 a year) and a new promo exam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    For the guys that are currently OTJ or in the Academy now, I was wondering what your run times were for your 1.5M runs or whatever distances you were running at, I would really appreciate you sharing that, thanks a lot guys.
    1.5m in 10:40 before academy, 10:00 at the end of the academy
    5k times <8min/mile

Ran my first half marathon today at a 9min/mile pace, which is pretty good for a first time. Would be better if I lost 20# and did more tempo/speed training.

Some of these chapters, man. Jesus. The "Foam" chapter is like trying to read the terms and conditions page on software upgrades and the such that literally everybody in the world just hits agree without reading.
    Literally everything in the proby book is an abbreviated version of the real books. If you think it's bad now just wait.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Literally everything in the proby book is an abbreviated version of the real books. If you think it's bad now just wait.

Meaning the chapters that they give us access to online now are abbreviated versions of the books you get when/if you get into the academy? Or it is all abbreviated versions of the actual books when you're through the academy and on the job?

Just to clarify for my dumb *** if you could...
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 10-12-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Forum Member

Meaning the chapters that they give us access to online now are abbreviated versions of the books you get when/if you get into the academy? Or it is all abbreviated versions of the actual books when you're through the academy and on the job?

Just to clarify for my dumb *** if you could...
    The probie books are basically a summary of the actual department books relating to procedures/tactics/etc.

Forum Member

The probie books are basically a summary of the actual department books relating to procedures/tactics/etc.

Understood. Thank you...

Forum Member

Understood. Thank you...
    No problem. Also in regards to your reading of Foam. The only way I can remember the settings on the eductor for the alcohol resistant foam (which can be used for either alcohol or hydrocarbon fuels) is beer comes in 6 packs. 6 pack = 6%, you set it to 6% for alcohol, 3% for hydrocarbon.
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

No problem. Also in regards to your reading of Foam. The only way I can remember the settings on the eductor for the alcohol resistant foam (which can be used for either alcohol or hydrocarbon fuels) is beer comes in 6 packs. 6 pack = 6%, you set it to 6% for alcohol, 3% for hydrocarbon.

That's actually really helpful. Little tricks like that I'm thinking are key in trying to retain this stuff. Gonna try and work on that in general.

Do you even know about the Venturi Effect bro?? *mean mugs you*
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

this is a great tool. you can pay less attention to the splits or your phone etc - i like to run with nothing but my front door key

http://www.arkansasrunner.com/calcul...minpermile.htm

also everyone knows about this, right? you can make up a route as you see fit, or if you follow prescribed running regimens they usually have one day where yo run for like 40 mins etc not concerned with distance... well you can use this tool after your run

http://www.mappedometer.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    this is a great tool. you can pay less attention to the splits or your phone etc - i like to run with nothing but my front door key

http://www.arkansasrunner.com/calcul...minpermile.htm

also everyone knows about this, right? you can make up a route as you see fit, or if you follow prescribed running regimens they usually have one day where yo run for like 40 mins etc not concerned with distance... well you can use this tool after your run

http://www.mappedometer.com
    I use map pedometer to map out long runs before doing them. For running I have a garmin gps watch to record it, and carry my phone (for tunes), money, id, and metro card in an arm band.

Thread Information