Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1017 123411511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 20339
Like Tree7722Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default FDNY Exam 2000

    So it's finally here.

    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...nt_index.shtml


    Hopefully a computer based test means we will get our scores back instantly.


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Already got an email from a company offering test prep services, according to them:


    The exam application period for NYC Firefighter has now opened. It will be a computer based test given in two different locations one in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn. They will assign you a date to appear sometime between January 3, 2012and February 3, 2012.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Hopefully a computer based test means we will get our scores back instantly.

    That would make a whole lot of sense, but don't count on it:



    EXAMINATION RESULTS: You will be notified by mail of your test results. If you pass the CBT and the physical ability test and meet all requirements and conditions, you will be considered for appointment when your name is reached on the eligible list. Use of the exam in hiring is subject to approval by the Court in United States v. City of New York, 07- cv2067. The Court will decide whether to approve the exam following its administration to the applicants.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Just read that. I'm not sure why we don't find out on the spot, that's how the 5 other computer based tests I took worked. This isn't all bad though, your nerves are even higher when you know you're finding out right there how you did.

    Edit: Could be with the month long testing window they don't want people having any type of answers to the test Q's.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 07-15-2011 at 08:09 AM.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quick question

    Honestly, what are the chances of someone getting on the FDNY (if hiring goes as its supposed to) without ANY preference points? What kind of score would said person need to get on this test to have a shot?

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    Quick question

    Honestly, what are the chances of someone getting on the FDNY (if hiring goes as its supposed to) without ANY preference points? What kind of score would said person need to get on this test to have a shot?
    100, which is what you should be aiming for anyway

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post

    EXAMINATION RESULTS: You will be notified by mail of your test results. If you pass the CBT and the physical ability test and meet all requirements and conditions, you will be considered for appointment when your name is reached on the eligible list. Use of the exam in hiring is subject to approval by the Court in United States v. City of New York, 07- cv2067. The Court will decide whether to approve the exam following its administration to the applicants.
    So this means we'll get a $30 refund once the test results are thrown out.....right? I mean, this is of course after I get the refund of the $130 I'm out for the whole process of the last test.

    Can't wait to get f***** again fellas. Let me get back to my Garaufis voodoo doll.......

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    Quick question

    Honestly, what are the chances of someone getting on the FDNY (if hiring goes as its supposed to) without ANY preference points? What kind of score would said person need to get on this test to have a shot?
    Im from MI, would love to work for fdny... But Im guessing without pref. Points, 100 is minimum to even be considered.... Since there will be guys scoring 105.. 110, from their pref. Points included.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    did 6019's NOE specifically say the Physical Exam was the CPAT? Was the fee for that also $25? It is unusual that the NOE for 2000 doesn't say "CPAT", and in the past I've paid a lot more for my CPAT than $25.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PickHead54 View Post
    100, which is what you should be aiming for anyway
    Definitely a 100%. On the last test they reached, what like, list #886? Anyone know what his score was?

  11. #11
    Forum Member SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Definitely a 100%. On the last test they reached, what like, list #886? Anyone know what his score was?
    More than 100.13
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Ha. Oh geez

  13. #13
    Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    More than 100.13
    Pathetic isn't it?
    Last edited by Jameson_12; 07-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    793

    Default

    list# 886? How many people did they actually hire? I've been through a few processes already and I find it hard to believe that that many people had their stuff together..in 4 years. I would have thought that the list number reached would be in the 3-4000s..

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    list# 886? How many people did they actually hire? I've been through a few processes already and I find it hard to believe that that many people had their stuff together..in 4 years. I would have thought that the list number reached would be in the 3-4000s..
    Some where in the 275 ball park were hired. There was only 1 class to go through probie school. It took them through list 886 to get that # for the class. I don't think we'll be seeing these lists go in to the 4000s anymore. Even if the dept hires at a steady pace for 4 years it doesn't look like they'll be putting in the 600 or so a year they were from 2002-2007.

    Imagine if your list # was 887. I don't know how that guy hasn't gone insane over the last 3 years.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber ffbam24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    FDNY Exam 2000....????

  17. #17
    Forum Member nyckftbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On a Hill, overlooking George's Kingdom
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    FDNY Exam 2000....????

    Whats da confusion?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber ffbam24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Oooooohhhh! Duh!
    It's the Exam Number. Helps to click on the link.

    All that said:
    Never has it been required from any other agency, department or city that I tested with (and it's been a few) that I had to fill in anything based on race, sex or orientation. This has always been "voluntary information".

    Talk to your lawyers.

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Some where in the 275 ball park were hired. There was only 1 class to go through probie school. It took them through list 886 to get that # for the class. I don't think we'll be seeing these lists go in to the 4000s anymore. Even if the dept hires at a steady pace for 4 years it doesn't look like they'll be putting in the 600 or so a year they were from 2002-2007.

    Imagine if your list # was 887. I don't know how that guy hasn't gone insane over the last 3 years.
    Hey man, thanks for the info..I was trying to think to myself, on the 6019 that the FD was like 600 or so under headcount, it would only make sense to try to keep the numbers close since its cheaper to not have to pay overtime to everyone, and if it took 886 for a class of 300? that means that if this list is active for 4 years and they do 300 a year that is about 3000 on the list give or take right? and hopefully, once Bloomburg gets voted out of office the new mayor will have a better grasp that you can't sacrifice public safety.

    On a different note..does anyone know about how the veterans/disabled points work? the announcement doesn't say anything about having to live in the NYC area, just that you have to meet the criteria set by the state of new york..right? or did I totally read that wrong, because if I remember correctly, I clicked on the link from the 6019 exam and the scores posted some with vet status did not have residency...

  20. #20
    Forum Member SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Pathetic isn't it?
    yeah it is bro....... on a lighter note i had a glass of 18 year the other day, was like drinking vanilla, smoothest ever
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 31 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 23 guests)

  1. CHFD113,
  2. EKFCASPER,
  3. FFwnt2b,
  4. grizzle,
  5. Jrd157,
  6. Manhattan Medic,
  7. Matador611,
  8. thirdtimesacharm

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts