Forum Member

Default Alternative DoD Fire Schedules?

My department is currently on the 24/24 schedule. A group of us have begun to explore other options to present to leadership. 48/72 is out of the question with our leadership. We are looking into a variation of a 48/48. Any word on your departments schedule and how it works will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fedfirezac View Post
    My department is currently on the 24/24 schedule. A group of us have begun to explore other options to present to leadership. 48/72 is out of the question with our leadership. We are looking into a variation of a 48/48. Any word on your departments schedule and how it works will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    http://www.dodfire.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=500

MembersZone Subscriber

If anybody here is from MCLB they can tell you how their schedule runs. They work a 48/48 with an additional day or something like that off. I've worked 48/48 when I worked at the local County FD with a "Kelly Day" that gave us additional days off but my favorite schedule is the 48/96 schedule. I know the Feds won't let you work that, but hopefully someday they'll come to their senses.....
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

You are talking about congress

And how long have fed ff been waiting for change??

Forum Member

48/48/4/8 from Souda Bay....

http://www.shiftcal.com/souda/index.html

It will be hard to sell anything that alters the 144 pay period for the feds.

Forum Member

Thank you everyone for the information so far. We are exploring the 48/48 with a 6 day break. Our major concern is the fact there are only 4 kelly groups under this schedule. Any information on what this does to overtime? Our department (chiefs) pride themselves on the fact we havent had any OT in 2 years now. With only 4 groups you lose 25% of your workforce when a group is on break and then you are having to stuff firefighters in the compartments on the trucks when a group isnt on break. Thanks again....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fedfirezac View Post
    Thank you everyone for the information so far. We are exploring the 48/48 with a 6 day break. Our major concern is the fact there are only 4 kelly groups under this schedule. Any information on what this does to overtime? Our department (chiefs) pride themselves on the fact we havent had any OT in 2 years now. With only 4 groups you lose 25% of your workforce when a group is on break and then you are having to stuff firefighters in the compartments on the trucks when a group isnt on break. Thanks again....
    that's what i like about the seven group system, if your firefighters are evenly distributed throughout the groups, theoretically you don't have to worry about that.

Thread Information