Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Naw.. I was like 16 over.. Everything else was good.. Even went for gear fitting. I didn't follow up with this class.. Tested for my "dream" city got high enough for a shot at the process...

I'd rather someone else whose dream is Philly get my spot then me take a spot for 2-3 years and screw someone else..

Good luck to all you guys man..putting that gear on was unreal.. I can't imagine what first day of academy is like.

Keep pushing.
    Damn 16 pounds that's crazy... Good luck to u too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    Damn 16 pounds that's crazy... Good luck to u too
    Yeah.. I scored 1200ish.. So I wasn't too serious about the gym/diet..

Then I got the letter. 46 pounds in 2.5 monthes..lol.

Forum Member

Default Anyone?

Has anyone who's already taken the medical heard anything further? Start dates? Gear fitting? Confirmed start dates?

Going nuts over here. Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Getmeouttahere; 05-16-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getmeouttahere View Post
    Going nuts over here. Thanks for any info.
    Same here. I think this is worse than waiting before getting the orienation letter.

Foudn this thread just last week. Lots of great info. wish I had found it soooner. Let me share what I know or have found out through experiance so far for those still having to go for the phusical.

Had my Chief's interview and HR interview in the first 7 days of interviews. The chiefs were great to. I was very at ease with them. The hr wasn't what I expected. the very nice lady whent though the booklet with me and asked me some questions. She told me the start dates there looking at are June 25 and/or 29 (A & D plts). or possibly July 11. She said something about wanting a July 4th holiday. lol

Then i scheduled my medical wtih HR after the interviews. they handed me the letter rather than mail it because I was able to schedule the physical the same week and their wasnt enough time to mail it.

Medical and follow up with the TB test went fine. The follow up isn't bad. My wife dropped me off at the door, I signed in and was told to go right to the nurse behind the screen. She had my file, showed her my arm, and was given a paper for my records. In and out in less than 5 minutes. The actual medical appt. depends on when you get there. Guys were out by 10 if they were first in line. I walked in the door at 8 on the button, and was already like the 4th or 5th applicant, not ot mention all the cops and streets depts guys there for their appontments. I was there for almost 5 hours, and wasn;t the last one in the door or out.

Parking isn't too bad. I parked on 20th just noth of Brown street. Brown is the next street north of Fairmount. Parking there is 2 hour, but runs 12 to 12, so you can tecnically park up until 2pm without risking a ticket. I don;'t know how much PPA patrols the area. Its a residential area, and when i left after I was done, there was a ton of parking around 12;30.

@Norf or anyone else who got this far before: do you schedule your gear fitting when they call, or do they just tell you when and where to report. and what happens at the fitting, like do you try on boots and gloves and masks, etc?

Really hoping I get the letter to report on the 25th. Can't wait to tell my job to stick it.
    Last edited by PFD188Hopeful; 05-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFD188Hopeful View Post

@Norf or anyone else who got this far before: do you schedule your gear fitting when they call, or do they just tell you when and where to report. and what happens at the fitting, like do you try on boots and gloves and masks, etc?

Really hoping I get the letter to report on the 25th. Can't wait to tell my job to stick it.
    Husband was in the first round last time. They called about 1-2 weeks after medical to schedule gear fitting. Went the day after he got the call to get fitted.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Gear fitting they called last time around, I was told they're going to send letters this time. You try on bunker gear, gloves & boots... Academy start 25 & 29 hopefully they won't change it ready to leave my job now !

MembersZone Subscriber

Did anyone on here have interviews today (03/16/13)?

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffwife83 View Post
    Husband was in the first round last time. They called about 1-2 weeks after medical to schedule gear fitting. Went the day after he got the call to get fitted.
    Gear fitting they called last time around, I was told they're going to send letters this time. You try on bunker gear, gloves & boots... Academy start 25 & 29 hopefully they won't change it ready to leave my job now !
    Thanks both of you for the info. it;s like waiting for Christmas morning to get here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eroman476 View Post
    Yeah my interview was on 03-16-13. Did you have any questions about it?
    Message me off-line.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard of anyone getting declined yet?

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Forum Member

Anything new / news ?? I found out we don't have to do 2 mins of push-ups nonstop, just as many as u can do in 2 mins... Can't wait until the academy start been training everyday !!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eroman476 View Post
    Fairly new to this site and I'm not sure how I would message you off-line unless I had your e-mail address or something.
    At the top right of the page, next to Log Out, click Settings. Left hand side, under My Account, click General Settings. Under Private Messaging, click the Private Messaging On button and the From all Members button.

MembersZone Subscriber

Additional interviews have been scheduled from Monday, June 3, through Monday, June 10.

Forum Member

Anything new / news ?? I found out we don't have to do 2 mins of push-ups nonstop, just as many as u can do in 2 mins... Can't wait until the academy start been training everyday !!
    33 days to go!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Additional interviews have been scheduled from Monday, June 3, through Monday, June 10.
    Hmm I wonder y... Maybe they're trying to have another class right after the double classes to fill the vacancies.

Forum Member

Hmm I wonder y... Maybe they're trying to have another class right after the double classes to fill the vacancies.
    Letters for those interviews were sent out last month with the rest. I think he means that the BCs were scheduled.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Letters for those interviews were sent out last month with the rest. I think he means that the BCs were scheduled.
    Tomorrow would make 160 interviews. From what the lady in personell told me two wks ago. Look like another class will b going in soon after... Never kno w this city.

Thread Information