Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 134 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE215 View Post
    they probably know the date just not telling us !
    Just think they should let people know who's in & who's out asap so they can continue on about their lives... Just dont think this process is fair. Ijs
    Fair is a matter of perspective. hr probably has rules about what it can talk about and tell candidtates. also, the city is what it is, and has always been this way. i;m sure some guys on the job for years will tell you similar storys about their hiring process. it was probably worse when the decree was in place

think about this. if you have 6 candidates a-f, and space for only 4, and information comes back on a, c, e, and f do you tell them there in, and then b and d come back and they could have made it because they were ranked higher. what do you do then?

all that said...keep working out, get your NIMS/ICS done, and stay positive. i know I;m trying

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01921 View Post
    Can anyone on the job or with connections confirm if any instructors have in fact been notified/scheduled for those July 15/19 dates?
    Start dates will not be July 15/19. End of July is also unlikely. At this point Aug 12/16 is the new hopeful starting week. Several factors at play that you are all unaware of. Just keep exercising, stay out of trouble, and don't obsess about it... It will come and it's worth the wait...

Forum Member

Fixxer, thanks for the information. Do you have any insight on how long the academy will be? At the orientation they said they weren't sure of the length due to changes in the curriculum, any idea of length? Maybe that's one of the things holding it up? I think the last class was 19 weeks long or so.

Forum Member

They have the money for the class & they're trying to cut back on overtime, plus a lot of retirements not to mention they're short of staff. (This is a head scratcher.) lol
    I think the class will be soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01921 View Post
    Fixxer, thanks for the information. Do you have any insight on how long the academy will be? At the orientation they said they weren't sure of the length due to changes in the curriculum, any idea of length? Maybe that's one of the things holding it up? I think the last class was 19 weeks long or so.
    As of now, 20 tours (8 days/tour, which is about 23 weeks). Possibly 21 tours if it gets approved. Last several classes have been 18 tours. That is not holding it up. Several other city departments have had classes go in, causing delays with the medical portion. Additionally, certain portions of the background checks can not be completed until you pass the medical, which obviously causes even more delays.

Forum Member

I was under the impression that the background checks were completed before the medical exams, I thought HR had to sign off before that was even scheduled. What parts of the background checks come after you pass the medical, why do they have to wait for a passed medical to perform those portions?

Forum Member

I do not know the exact portions. I was told that some portions can not be completed until the medical is passed. I was led to believe that this is because of your hiring status. You have a "conditional" offer of employment pending the medical evaluation. Once the medical is passed, your status is no longer "conditional," whether you know it or not. That then allows them to follow through with those other portions. I think it has mostly to do with financial issues (ie. back taxes, liens, unpaid bills, etc).

Forum Member

I know the issue at hand is the July/August class,
    but does anyone know if they're planning on hiring another class off this list? Also, does anyone know how long the list remains active? I know it's 2 years but is that 2 years from when we got our numbers or 2 years from when the first class went in?

Forum Member

Did any one physical get cancel yet ??
    In a few weeks we should have an offical date... the wait is killing me

Forum Member

I've been hearing August now also. I'm dying to start also.

I met some recruits who still haven't decided if they really want this. Can you believe that?

I am in good shape, but would love a date to work out to. I run all the time, but this doesn't feel real yet.

I know I passed my physical, but the urine test is taking a long time. I'm not worried about it as I don't even take Flinstone vitamins, but I want to be cleared and put into the next class. Any idea how far Down the list they are now? I met someone who was about #450!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maplephilly View Post
    i've been hearing august now also. I'm dying to start also.

I met some recruits who still haven't decided if they really want this. Can you believe that?

I am in good shape, but would love a date to work out to. I run all the time, but this doesn't feel real yet.

I know i passed my physical, but the urine test is taking a long time. I'm not worried about it as i don't even take flinstone vitamins, but i want to be cleared and put into the next class. Any idea how far down the list they are now? I met someone who was about #450!
    the recruits probably not sure about it bc of the wait... Urine test shouldn't take that long it's probably back already seem like the pfd is taking forever. I've been jogging daily can't wait until it start. I just want to know if i'm the class or not dont care about a start date anymore...
    Last edited by MIKE215; 06-23-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Forum Member

I want this bad and have worked hard to get ready physically.

I wonder how many candidates have given up or moved onto other jobs?

Has anyone not passed the physical?

Forum Member

I was the first week of interviews and second week of medicals so I can't imagine them not having my results back ... It sucks not knowing if we're in or not ... Like Mike said I don't care about the start date, just tell me that I'm in !!!! lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    i was the first week of interviews and second week of medicals so i can't imagine them not having my results back ... It sucks not knowing if we're in or not ... Like mike said i don't care about the start date, just tell me that i'm in !!!! Lol

i went through this process last yr i was fitted two weeks later i was told i wasn't picked... I want to know if i'm in or out asap don't want to waste anymore time not getting any younger.

Forum Member

Did they say why you weren't picked, was it a ranking thing?

Do they take in rank order from this point forward?

I'm dying to get a date. I want this too much.

Forum Member

did they say why you weren't picked, was it a ranking thing?

Do they take in rank order from this point forward?

I'm dying to get a date. I want this too much.
    everything is by rank when it comes to hiring with the city.. I wasn't picked bc of my rank... I want this so bad i wont give up just wish the pfd stop bs around....

Forum Member

My rank is under 350, so I'm hoping that wont be an issue. I really hope you get in also Mike.

We have all waited so long for this. I think the length of time must have cut a lot of guys itself. How many people got out of shape just by thinking it wasn't going to happen? Some candidates I met recently were also I the running for the police. They were likely going that way as the job was starting now for them.

Forum Member

my rank is under 350, so i'm hoping that wont be an issue. I really hope you get in also mike.

We have all waited so long for this. I think the length of time must have cut a lot of guys itself. How many people got out of shape just by thinking it wasn't going to happen? Some candidates i met recently were also i the running for the police. They were likely going that way as the job was starting now for them.

when i went to orientation we had about 4 tables that was empty this time around all bc people are tired of the bs with pfd... U should be on the 2nd class... Knowing what i know now i would of went into the service for the extra 10 points at least i know i would be doing my dream job already...

Forum Member

Any idea of rank numbers for the next class on average?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maplephilly View Post
    Any idea of rank numbers for the next class on average?
    My rank is below 240 I was told I would be on 1st class coming up the 80th spot or so.

Thread Information