Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    It seems that we will have to memorize all of this study guide and then pretty much forget it ALL. For example in the Tools and Equipment section they talk about a pike pole but I was told if you call it that in the academy they will rip you a new one.
    that is true we call it a ceiling hooks but mostly just "hooks" i looked over the guide and yes there is alot of things you will need to forget but i wouldn't worry to much if you get in they will drill the termanology into your heads that is of coures after the medics bust your balls or ovaries (got to be policticaly correct lol) for the first half of the academy haha. good luck ppl just hit the books and hope for the best

Forum Member

Default Test

Does anyone know exactly what day and time the test is going to be on. I need to know so i can call out from work

Forum Member

man put in about three hours a day

Forum Member

am comeing all the way from memphis tn thats to far to come to flop

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dbask View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what day and time the test is going to be on. I need to know so i can call out from work
    I would like to know this too, the website just says "tentatively set for the week of November 14th". cant take a week off work and stay in a hotel for a whole week

Forum Member

come on guys if you can't read an app. how are you going to get through the study guide. And for those of you that can there is your compition

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by philly10 View Post
    come on guys if you can't read an app. how are you going to get through the study guide. And for those of you that can there is your compition
    THANK YOU, Philly10

Hey Bro, they won't get pass the written let alone be hired.

If you can't read something as simple as the application and the infomation given, you will not pass the written, even if you do, you will not make it through the Academy!

That is the FIRST step in getting hired!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

i know bro, that's what i said they can't get the date or what is expected of them right but trust that means nothing ppl will still get in

Forum Member

"This examination will be tentatively scheduled for the week of November 14, 2011. Please note that this examination date is subject to change."

now the only other date i see on the application for that week would be the 19th which is the last day to submit documents. I see nothing on there about an exact date to test. If i'm missing something please let me know

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFemt1991 View Post
    "This examination will be tentatively scheduled for the week of November 14, 2011. Please note that this examination date is subject to change."

now the only other date i see on the application for that week would be the 19th which is the last day to submit documents. I see nothing on there about an exact date to test. If i'm missing something please let me know
    The following is on the fire department website

The Firefighter examination is currently scheduled for Saturday, November 19, 2011. Only those who apply on-line between June 27 and August 5 and who meet the minimum requirements will be permitted to sit for the examination.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    The following is on the fire department website

The Firefighter examination is currently scheduled for Saturday, November 19, 2011. Only those who apply on-line between June 27 and August 5 and who meet the minimum requirements will be permitted to sit for the examination.
    i have the job i'm not worried about taking it and i knew that was the date you guy & gals need to start paying more attention it's not that hard

Forum Member

Here is my dilemma: I have Bridgeport FD's test on 11/19 as well. So far only about 300-400 applicants have applied for that test. I paid the filing fee which was ridiculously high.

Also Philly's test is scheduled for 11/19. I am receiving the extra points for EMT-B in PA.

Which test would you take?

Forum Member

i have the job i'm not worried about taking it and i knew that was the date you guy & gals need to start paying more attention it's not that hard
    That was for the benefit of FFemt1991 and anybody else who was not sure of the date or where it came from, although some of the people should be left to sink or swim for not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy View Post
    Here is my dilemma: I have Bridgeport FD's test on 11/19 as well. So far only about 300-400 applicants have applied for that test. I paid the filing fee which was ridiculously high.

Also Philly's test is scheduled for 11/19. I am receiving the extra points for EMT-B in PA.

Bridgeport.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

that depends on what your looking for in your career and also 300-400 applicants is a hell of alot lower but how many are they taking?

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the city offers points for degree programs? The application doesn't mention it, so I imagine not; however, my wife (who is PPD) believes there is and it is mentioned in the study guide (Chpt. 1 pg. 16 para. 1 line 6-7). I would imagine that points of that nature would be restricted to promotional exams but I am curious if you can apply a science degree to get on the job. Thanks.

Forum Member

that depends on what your looking for in your career and also 300-400 applicants is a hell of alot lower but how many are they taking?
    Well that's what I'm unsure of. The budget states that they are between 60-70 short of adequate manning. Also according to a member on this forum, about 100 guys are coming up on there 25 year mark which would mean at least some retirees.

I mean I already paid the $135.00 filing fee...so right now I'm pretty ****ed off. I was hoping to test for both departments this time around to at least get some more tests under my belt for practice.

I wasn't expecting them both to be on the same day, and its not like I can take one and than shoot on over and hit the next one. So I'm pretty much f-ed.

Anymore insight?

Forum Member

Well that's what I'm unsure of. The budget states that they are between 60-70 short of adequate manning. Also according to a member on this forum, about 100 guys are coming up on there 25 year mark which would mean at least some retirees.

I mean I already paid the $135.00 filing fee...so right now I'm pretty ****ed off. I was hoping to test for both departments this time around to at least get some more tests under my belt for practice.

I wasn't expecting them both to be on the same day, and its not like I can take one and than shoot on over and hit the next one. So I'm pretty much f-ed.

Anymore insight?
    that sucks not sure you could always see what time the test's are philly does an AM &PM test don't know if you could swing both but over the next four yrs which is the duration of the list philly is going to need to hire alot just to man stations there is a ton of guys going out

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Soldier View Post
    The application doesn't mention it.
    Therein lies the answer.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information