Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Teacher strike ??

Thanks for the heads up on dickies I was planning on getting a pair.

Forum Member

Kind of a silly question, but can anyone recommend a wrist watch for the academy. I don't normally wear watches, and I know we'll need one for the ems portion (checking pulse rates ect). I read that g shock watches are decent and do everything we need them to do. Comments?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWhalebones View Post
    Kind of a silly question, but can anyone recommend a wrist watch for the academy. I don't normally wear watches, and I know we'll need one for the ems portion (checking pulse rates ect). I read that g shock watches are decent and do everything we need them to do. Comments?
    gshocks are good but walmart also has a 20 dollar casio that's good http://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-...Resin/17403596

I would stay away from a canvas band. You are gonna sweat and all and it will smell after a while. Smith and Wesson also sells a nice one that goes on sale often through sites like bradsdeals and 1 sale a day. It ends up the same price as the gshock watches

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWhalebones View Post
    gshocks are good but walmart also has a 20 dollar casio that's good http://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-...Resin/17403596

I would stay away from a canvas band. You are gonna sweat and all and it will smell after a while. Smith and Wesson also sells a nice one that goes on sale often through sites like bradsdeals and 1 sale a day. It ends up the same price as the gshock watches

Forum Member

So, what are the odds of them putting in another class off this list?
    Old 98 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Duke View Post
    Anybody been watching the news, could the teachers strike cause the classes to be canceled or are they def safe and will start?
    Not to worry. One has nothing to do with the other.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedown View Post
    So, what are the odds of them putting in another class off this list?
    My guess is pretty much 0. These classes will graduate about the third week in February. The new list will be out by then or soon after.

Forum Member

Default congrats

To all who are coming aboard--congrats - you truly will see why this is the best damn job ever.!!! Have fun.

Forum Member

So the test date is November 16. After doing a bit of research in this thread, I found that the WSI counts more then the Fire knowledge portion of the test? Is this true, and if it is how can I exactly study for a personality test like that? And if not, any tips for doing well? I've also got 3 extra points for my EMT, where will this be applied exactly on the civil service exam? Obviously, I can get a max of 103, but if this is applied only toward the Fire test and for whatever reason I don't do well on the personality section, can my score really drop me to a 100? I saw how if you got a 100 on the last test you were parked with about 2000 other people.

I'm excited to get started, right now I'm patiently waiting for my study guide to come in the mail or in an email to be downloaded. I also found this "psychological" exam guide for firefighters. Apparantly it's helped a number of people who failed the personality portions, but were stellar on the actual knowledge.

Don McNea Fire School is the number one firefighter preparatory school in the country. Since 1950, our seminars and entry-level products have successfully prepared over 40,000 applicants for firefighter examinations across the country.
    Last edited by Redrick; 09-06-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Forum Member

To all of the people procrastinating on the FEMA certs ,do them now! They take more time than you think. The site says three hours for one. It is probably closer to 4. Do not wait until the 12th or 16th!

Forum Member

Quick question do we take showers after pt ?
    A few days to go !!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE215 View Post
    Quick question do we take showers after pt ?
    A few days to go !!!!
    I was wondering this myself. To expand, can anyone give a preview of the first day/first tour? I understand we are to report in pants and a collared shirt but are also to bring gym clothes, is that standard for every day? Should we bring lunches on the first day? Or is the first day just a PT marathon to see who really wants to be there?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pazz01921 View Post
    i was wondering this myself. To expand, can anyone give a preview of the first day/first tour? I understand we are to report in pants and a collared shirt but are also to bring gym clothes, is that standard for every day? Should we bring lunches on the first day? Or is the first day just a pt marathon to see who really wants to be there?
    i'am going to bring lunch the 1st day.. I think we have to bring our own gym clothes for 1st tour... Seem soooo unreal that's starting in a few days...

Forum Member

I do not have any inside info, but I would imagine that the first day is like the first day at any job. W4, personal info, paperwork. Then we run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01921 View Post
    Should we bring lunches on the first day?
    You will be there from 7am until 6pm. I would say that you might get hungry.

Forum Member

Soooo, I believe the drop count is at 3 already. A-holes taking spots away from people who want it!!

Forum Member

Unbelievable.

Forum Member

5 and counting

Forum Member

Hi Fixxer,

I start Tueaday and won't quit. Any last second tips. Ready to prove myself! Also, what is the reason for people dropping out so early?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Maplephilly; 09-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Sulli1130 likes this.

Forum Member

Common sense goes a long way. Be early, mouth shut, follow directions, bring whatever is required.

Most people who drop early have a sudden onset of reality and determine this isn't for them. Good.
    PFD188Hopeful and Maplephilly like this.

Thread Information