Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

I think I passed it if I would study earlier I would of done better feel like I got a 90. I dont really know about the 2nd part of the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, the first part is only pass/fail.

The second part will be scored and "banding" of scores will be developed. It was mentioned in the mini-academy that there will be 4 "bands". In other words, everyone that scored a 90 or above could be in 1 band, meaning that they will all be tied. Hiring will be done by a random number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Hiring will be done by a random number.
    Question: Was there anything on the test anywhere that asked for your race, and was it mandatory to answer it? Just curious.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

yes they did ask your race

Forum Member

from what i have heard the test was a joke they didn't ask for Id's or fingerprint ppl so there was no acountability for who was actually taking the test it could have been anyone just signing a name also ppl who showed up without thier printout just had to fill out some BS paper i hope all that deserve the job get it but it seems like they are making it really hard for you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    the test should be thrown out for that reason alone there is no reason why they need to know that

Forum Member

100% agree with you. I think there is something fishie from the start I kept calling asking about the test I even called the people who made the test they had no answer but I don't know. but all I can do is sit here and wait I hope I get in

Forum Member

Was it mandatory to fill that out??

Forum Member

yeah it was on the answer sheet. you put your name ss# where you lived male and race. then they collected it and gave you the test.

Forum Member

It was not mandatory to fill out the race bubble. One guy in my room asked the proctor and she that it was not. However she did conveniently forget to offer that information on her own.

Forum Member

they guy told us everything had to be filled out before he would collected it

Forum Member

Well then the only thing I take from that is that they were completely inept in their organizational and communication skills. Whatever the case, I am glad I didn't fill it out.

Forum Member

did anyone hear how many people are gonna be hired ?

Forum Member

did anyone hear how many people are gonna be hired ?
    they never say but there is alot of guys going out in the next 2 years.But that aslo depends on wether or not they cut more stations

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by philly10 View Post
    they never say but there is alot of guys going out in the next 2 years.But that aslo depends on wether or not they cut more stations
    Is there any more scuttlebutt on that?

Forum Member

Wow......really sounds like all of you guys who took the test need to formally organize a group with each other and consider a lawsuit asking for the test to be thrown out.

Forum Member

Test had a section that asked your race. Was told to fill out ALL information. Test also asked your residency.

I'm curious what the cut off is. I answered 3 incorrect but, was 100% on the rest. According to the WSI website they determine the cut off by other people(not test takers) on what they scored
    Also, if there are many people taking the test they raise the cutoff. Going by that....those 3 I got wrong could be the end for me but, who knows. The 2nd part of the test was interesting.

Forum Member

I wouldnt worry about the first part. The second part is what will do you in.
    That is the part of the test that allows the cities to get around not having a consent decree anymore. Guarantee alot of white males fail this test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by urbanwarfare View Post
    I wouldnt worry about the first part. The second part is what will do you in.
    That is the part of the test that allows the cities to get around not having a consent decree anymore. Guarantee alot of white males fail this test.
    Tell us all about the second part

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    It was not mandatory to fill out the race bubble. One guy in my room asked the proctor and she that it was not. However she did conveniently forget to offer that information on her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Well then the only thing I take from that is that they were completely inept in their organizational and communication skills. Whatever the case, I am glad I didn't fill it out.
    I am not sure I'd be so glad about leaving ANYTHING blank. If they aren't choosing from a certain demographic, I doubt you fooled them by leaving it blank. More like: "Oh the guy doesn't want to tell us?.... Next!" No offense, roadrunner, but it's only Step 1 and it looks as if you're already trying to hide things from the department.

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Tell us all about the second part
    Well, buff, do you prefer amusement parks or historic locations?

The proctor in our room was not very communicative at all... She didn't even tell us to "begin"... we were like, uh... ma'am can we start now? Oh sure go ahead, she says, mark down what time you're starting. And everyone had to rip off or separate their demographic info from the answer sheet. So I'm hoping just the scores (w/o demographics attached) are what get banded by FPSI...

Also, and forgive me if I seem a little harsh, but the city should have had a required physical fitness test in order to move on to the written. That would have cut the competition down by at least half for those of us who actually give a **** and who are ready any time, all the time, and who live and breathe for this career.

Just a thought....

Forum Member

Biodata test are developed so that cities can skew results to get the demographic they want. These tests are geared towards passing alot of minorities while failing alot of white males. Usually answers that most white males answer are graded 0 to -4,while most for minorities are scored +2or +4.
    Have spent many years following biodata tests and fighting lawsuits to rid the use of them. I know people talk alot of b.s. on these boards,but I have first hand knowledge how they use these test and grade them.

Forum Member

how long do you think till they tell us the scores?

Forum Member

The more I hear about this test the more I want to scream at each and every one of you to FORMALLY ORGANIZE AND FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THESE CLOWNS AND THE CITY!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by urbanwarfare View Post
    These tests are geared towards passing alot of minorities while failing alot of white males. Usually answers that most white males answer are graded 0 to -4,while most for minorities are scored +2or +4.
    How???

And if you "know" that this is being done, how can we stop it?

Forum Member

I think test should be 100% physical. Then once everyone passes that part then give out different test once in the Academy on info t. hat iis actually going to be used. Anyone can study and score thee best they can on a test, maybbe other people are not good test
    takers . I just think if you are not physically fit to perform the job then you shouldnt be allowed in the academy, your just taking up space from the people that are capable to perform the job. If you just want to take written tedt and pass them then go bqck to school and be a teacher.

Thread Information