Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Everyone in the band is going to be considered equal right? If I score a 100 on the WSI and someone else scores a 90 and we are both placed into the same band, in the eyes of the testing agency we are equal (both band 1). So, are the extra points added before people are banded or after? If the points are added after the banding, then it would basically be impossible to get hired unless you are receiving points. Without points, someone would simply be band 1. With points, someone would be band 1 plus 3/5/10/or15.

Forum Member

CraigC...thats exactly what I am trying to get an answer to. I am a vet and an EMT, that should give me 13 points if I'm not mistaken. So If 85 and above go in band A say (just an example) would someone that scored in the low end of band A be potentially placed on the list above someone who scored higher than them in the WSI section. I went over to the woman from the company she said no it will be in rank order...and the point of the bands was for notification ie, ora,l fingerprints, medical. She said that band A as a group would be notified, that seemed real fishy to me. I tried reaching out to the company to no avail. Thanks for any info...at this point I'm just going to study, the bands our out of our hands.

Forum Member

Thanks Andy.
    I have one other question about the WSI for people who attended the mini-academy (I wasn't able to make it). A buddy of mine that went said the lady specifically said not to choose strongly agree/strongly disagree for all of the questions. Of the 4 answers 1 would give you 4 pts, another 2 pts, another -2, and the last -4(for some questions either simply agree or disagree would score the highest). I have heard before to choose strongly one way or another to show decisiveness. I'm just wondering if my friend heard this correctly. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Thanks Andy.
    I have one other question about the WSI for people who attended the mini-academy (I wasn't able to make it). A buddy of mine that went said the lady specifically said not to choose strongly agree/strongly disagree for all of the questions. Of the 4 answers 1 would give you 4 pts, another 2 pts, another -2, and the last -4(for some questions either simply agree or disagree would score the highest). I have heard before to choose strongly one way or another to show decisiveness. I'm just wondering if my friend heard this correctly. Any clarification would be appreciated.
    What she said basically was don't hug the middle thinking that it is the safe bet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Thanks Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    What she said basically was don't hug the middle thinking that it is the safe bet.
    krikey, I gotta stop reading these forums until after the test!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nutts09 View Post
    krikey, I gotta stop reading these forums until after the test!
    Don't over think it, it will drive you nuts.

Forum Member

if i were you guys taking this test i would be calling the cities H.R. department and emailing them all of my ?'s and when i called i would get the name of the person i spoke to and find out why they can't answer any ?'s also save all sent emails and if your lucky returned ones too there is no reason why the city should not to be able to answer simple ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by philly10 View Post
    if i were you guys taking this test i would be calling the cities H.R. department and emailing them all of my ?'s and when i called i would get the name of the person i spoke to and find out why they can't answer any ?'s also save all sent emails and if your lucky returned ones too there is no reason why the city should not to be able to answer simple ?'s
    I would take it even one step further and send questions in writing by registered mail with a return receipt requested, specifically stating you want your answers in writing, and prior to the test.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

I missed the mini academy because my brother got married that day. I read the previous forum posts about what it entailed. I am just curious, did they say to study every section? and how specific where they with what to study?

MembersZone Subscriber

Hi,

Can anyone confirm what date PFD is holding their practice exam at 5th and Willow? I am flying in from out of state. Is it the 17th, 18th, both nights, never?

Thanks and good luck.
    Last edited by unbroken136; 11-15-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken136 View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone confirm what date PFD is holding their practice exam at 5th and Willow? I am flying in from out of state. Is it the 17th, 18th, both nights, never?

Thanks and good luck.

Look back through these post's and you'll find it.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    The 17th and 18th are going to be a final exam so to speak.
    I've been reading these forums since day one. Somehow I missed this one. I'm going to go sit in the corner now.

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken136 View Post
    I've been reading these forums since day one. Somehow I missed this one. I'm going to go sit in the corner now.

Look at post 309.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

The 17th not sure about the 18th. The guy running it said it is difficult to secure the hall on a Friday.

Forum Member

can any one tell me how the test will be graded?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    can any one tell me how the test will be graded?
    No. No one on here has any idea.

Forum Member

I tried calling but no one had any answers but I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    I tried calling but no one had any answers but I dont know.
    I would suggest reading through this thread but I am sure you are smart enough to have thought about that already......

Forum Member

I did read them but I wanted a positive answer. I heard the first part was pass fail and if you passed it then you get ranked on the 2nd part but no one gave me an answer

Forum Member

Is the 18th final review going to happen or not, at the Union Hall?

Thread Information