Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckieboy4953 View Post
    Anybody by chance know the number to contact HR so we can get definite answers rather than just word of mouth and assumptions?
    Send questions in writing to HR via registered mail with a return receipt. This does you several things: 1. Creates a paper trail for the future, for when you dont get the answers, you can go back and say "I sent this letter on such-and-such a date." 2. They have to put their answers in writing, the reason which should be obvious. 3. They cannot claim "we were never asked these questions."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Send questions in writing to HR via registered mail with a return receipt. This does you several things: 1. Creates a paper trail for the future, for when you dont get the answers, you can go back and say "I sent this letter on such-and-such a date." 2. They have to put their answers in writing, the reason which should be obvious. 3. They cannot claim "we were never asked these questions."
    Awesome, it's worth the try. Better than nothing. Any idea where to find the address? Wasn't sure looking on the city's site...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckieboy4953 View Post
    Awesome, it's worth the try. Better than nothing. Any idea where to find the address? Wasn't sure looking on the city's site...
    Fire Administration Building
    240 Spring Garden Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19123

You guys need to start putting a lil more afford in to looking things up there is a link that says "contact us" it's really not that hard to find things. if you want the job ppl are not going to be holding your hands through out the process. come on already, guys have been asking the simplest questions on this site and just not putting in the time, and i use the word time loosely considering it took about 1 minto get the address and type this tirade. we should all be grown ups at this point when i took the test i didn't have the luxury of sites like this to guide me through. sorry for the rant but it really isn't that hard to get simple information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by philly10 View Post
    240 Spring Garden Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19123

You guys need to start putting a lil more afford in to looking things up there is a link that says "contact us" it's really not that hard to find things. if you want the job ppl are not going to be holding your hands through out the process. come on already, guys have been asking the simplest questions on this site and just not putting in the time, and i use the word time loosely considering it took about 1 minto get the address and type this tirade. we should all be grown ups at this point when i took the test i didn't have the luxury of sites like this to guide me through. sorry for the rant but it really isn't that hard to get simple information

What he said. If us older guys have to take you by the hand for everything, you will be in bad shape when we all go and leave you behind to take up the pace.

Start leaning now, how to research cities/counties sites for the information you need. Don't always depend on coming to a foum and look or ask for this or that.

Hey guys we learned how to do this as part of the job.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Hey guys we learned how to do this as part of the job.
    And without the luxury of the internet!!!! We had to do things like pull out a **GASP!** phone book, and manually thumb through the pages to look things up!!!! It's a wonder we didnt lose our fingers in a mass of paper cuts!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by philly10 View Post
    240 Spring Garden Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19123
    This is actually erroneous information.

The Fire Dept. doesn't do the testing nor hiring of candidates. That is done by the Office of Human Resources.

Office of Human Resources

Address
    Municipal Services Building
    16th Floor
    1401 JFK Blvd.
    Philadelphia, PA 19102-1675

Hours of Operation
    Mon-Fri, 8:30am to 5pm

Telephone
    215-686-0880

hrhelpdesk@phila.gov

Internet
    www.phila.gov/personnel/

Director
    Albert L. D'Attilio

Deputy Directors
    Brian Albert
    Michael McAnally
    Celia O'Leary

Forum Member

whats up guys... any word on test results yet? ive been asking around and have not heard anything..

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm sure we won't hear a peep until at least after the holidays...

Forum Member

Seems obvious enough... But somehow I find myself checking my email 49 times a day like an insane person...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    This is actually erroneous information.

The Fire Dept. doesn't do the testing nor hiring of candidates. That is done by the Office of Human Resources.

Office of Human Resources

Address
    Municipal Services Building
    16th Floor
    1401 JFK Blvd.
    Philadelphia, PA 19102-1675

Hours of Operation
    Mon-Fri, 8:30am to 5pm

Telephone
    215-686-0880

hrhelpdesk@phila.gov

Internet
    www.phila.gov/personnel/

Director
    Albert L. D'Attilio

Deputy Directors
    Brian Albert
    Michael McAnally
    Celia O'Leary
    Thanks BigGuyPhilly Appreciate It.

To most post after mine, I didn't beg anyone to check into this for me. If you didn't want to help, then don't. If you do, and or did, thank you and I appreciate it. There's no need to nag on people for asking question. There's no one forcing you to answer. I read these forums all day long and it's ridiculous how much people bitch at each other for repetitive causes.

Good Luck to everyone who tested. Looking forward to hearing back from the testing company in the future.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nutts09 View Post
    Seems obvious enough... But somehow I find myself checking my email 49 times a day like an insane person...
    lol...i hear ya

Forum Member

Last edited by SVandro; 03-26-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVandro View Post
    good point; this is a forum. It's regarding the ENTRANCE TEST for Philadelphia. We don't need to hear about starting lawsuits and all that other bulls**t. We don't care that your disgruntled asses used to have to use yellow pages, or that your department and city is run by blacks. Of course you want us to start a lawsuit; it doesn't affect you. YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE JOB. So make like a tree, and get outta here.....

SVandro
    Forum Member

Wow his second post and he talks so salty!

Forum Member

Last edited by SVandro; 03-26-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Forum Member

SVandro
    Forum Member

Wow his second post and he talks so salty!
    He's not allowed to talk salty until 3. Oh....wait.....never mind.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVandro View Post
    good point; this is a forum. It's regarding the ENTRANCE TEST for Philadelphia. We don't need to hear about starting lawsuits and all that other bulls**t. We don't care that your disgruntled asses used to have to use yellow pages, or that your department and city is run by blacks. Of course you want us to start a lawsuit; it doesn't affect you. YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE JOB. So make like a tree, and get outta here.....
    They're gonna love you in the academy, Svandro. Speaking of... anyone know what Recruit Class Number it would be coming up?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nutts09 View Post
    They're gonna love you in the academy, Svandro. Speaking of... anyone know what Recruit Class Number it would be coming up?
    the next class will be the 186

Forum Member

Ok when everyone is done playing who's pecker is bigger game maybe someone can post something productive... Maybe when they plan on anouncing the scores... I want to thank the guys on here that are using this forum for its true purpose and the others that use this as a ****ing contest... find the virtual door and leave...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFD8 View Post
    Ok when everyone is done playing who's pecker is bigger game maybe someone can post something productive... Maybe when they plan on anouncing the scores...

Nobody on here is going to have that info.

Here's a question: What do you guys/gals OTJ think is the number-one reason why people fail or drop out of PFD's academy?

Forum Member

Why people drop out...I dont know, my guess would be personal reasons. This not being what they expected. Afterall, the first 6 weeks is EMT training and paperwork.

Why people get fired...most that I know of are for academic reasons. Mainly, the inability to pass the state EMT practical/written.

It seems most that get past the EMT part successfully complete the training academy and are transfered to a field company.

The academy isnt easy, but it isnt hard either. Put in the time and effort and you should have no problem. There are ample instructors willing to come in early and stay late to help you make it.

Forum Member

I am not sure how the academy is ran in todays world and if there is more of a drop out level than it was in the past.

I know when John McGrath was there, the place was ran tight and right, you better know your stuff and produce or you would be on the outside looking in!!

I wouldn't think is has changed that much.

Forum Member

Just called the city and they said some time in January they will have our score. Incase any one didn't know this information
    Last edited by thatguy123; 12-14-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Forum Member

If those who have applied and be lucky enough to be hired and should you pass everything at the training school, always remember this plaque hanging inside the main building.

`

Forum Member

I know when John McGrath was there, the place was ran tight and right, you better know your stuff and produce or you would be on the outside looking in!!

I wouldn't think is has changed that much.
    .....things have changed drastically on Pennypack Street since Chief McGrath left.....and not for the better, either.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've been hearing a lot of these rumors lately. Should become interesting. The really sad thing is that because of issues that have surfaced in the not-so-distant past, the rumors become credible.

Found the following at: http://pafirenews.net/messageboard/i...?topic=6913.45

No way this test is going to produce a list. Recent rumors are rampant with corruption and cheating. Word is a test was in some applicants hands 3 weeks prior to the actual test date . Also cell phones were being used as recording devices, then info passed on to the afternoon sessions. Some phones numbers as well as the tests are in the authority's hands. Not really one to spread rumors but sounds like there is smoke showing............This oughtta make some of the cheating bastards squirm, if you are one of them, I hope you get caught and outted so we all know who ya are in case you ever do get hired we know not to trust ya!

Thread Information