Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

MembersZone Subscriber

FWDbuff, if you are hired as a Police Officer, you do not take your pay with you. You will keep Seniority for city pension purposes, and vacation time earned. If you transfer over, you go to the starting pay grade. Same thing happens to Fire Service Paramedics, even though they are PFD personnel. Nice of the city, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    FWDbuff, if you are hired as a Police Officer, you do not take your pay with you. You will keep Seniority for city pension purposes, and vacation time earned. If you transfer over, you go to the starting pay grade. Same thing happens to Fire Service Paramedics, even though they are PFD personnel. Nice of the city, eh?
    Well then they changed that too from back when I "was in the running."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

PFD now hiring paramedics. This was just posted on the official site:

The Philadelphia Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire Service Paramedic. In order to be considered for the position of Fire Service Paramedic, the candidate must possess a Pennsylvania State certification as an Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic prior to appointment and during tenure of employment. Candidates must also possess a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. For more information, please click here (the link to this address would appear - http://personnel-web.phila.gov/announce/jol.asp ). The deadline for applications is March 30, 2012.

Wonder if this is directly related to the recent Evaluation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedown View Post
    So its the last week of February. We takin bets?
    it's the last day of February......

Forum Member

I called that captain max again and asked about the test again he changed his answer to end feb mid march so who knows any more. Every time i call I get a different answer

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    I called that captain max again and asked about the test again he changed his answer to end feb mid march so who knows any more. Every time i call I get a different answer
    Ugh.... Thanks guy

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    It was announced at this month's union meeting that the city's vendor for the test, Firefighter Selection Inc., was having problems with its software in scoring the test.

You gotta be kidding. A firm that specializes in testing now suddenly has problems with its software in Philly! Really?
    Read between the lines. Or, do you just want to believe what you want to believe?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    You should post his # and everyone waiting on the test should call him everyday till the scores are out and it is Capt. Mac this is a guy who is in charge of a made up position and getting Captins pay for it yet he still has not one answer that's a disgrace

Calling this Capt. Mac or whoever it may be isn't going to get the city and those in charge to get into any rush. I would imagine that the city and folks who is in charge of the testing is looking at everyone who took the test and making sure that certain folks are in the upper standings so they will be hire and not a pale skin person.

It doesn't take a city, hr or testing company long to grade a test that is using scantron test answer sheets. They are skewing with the results and standings.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Everyone has there own outlook on the city and the result you can think what you want but I'm thinking positive and hoping we get the results soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

It doesn't take a city, hr or testing company long to grade a test that is using scantron test answer sheets. They are skewing with the results and standings.
    Your right. We should probably just give up and look for other jobs. Thanks for your help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by philly10 View Post
    You should post his # and everyone waiting on the test should call him everyday till the scores are out and it is Capt. Mac this is a guy who is in charge of a made up position and getting Captins pay for it yet he still has not one answer that's a disgrace
    His correct name is Captain Mack. 215-906-8293 (city cell phone).

Forum Member

I emailed Audrey Drummond (the H.R. Rep who sent us all emails thus far). She sent an automated response. It reads as follows:

"I will be out of the office starting 03/02/2012 and will not return until 03/06/2012.

If your email is requesting information regarding the Results of the Firefighter Exam, please note that the exam is currently in Test Scoring and we estimate that you will receive results towards the end of February or the beginning of March. You will not receive another response.

If your email does not pertain to the Firefighter exam results, I will respond to you shortly.

Thank you."

So there it is in writing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did she say what year?

MembersZone Subscriber

I went to the Human Resources website just now and where it had previously said "In Scoring" it now says "Scoring Complete." No grade listed, but hopefully we'll hear soon.

Forum Member

any word? I'm at "scoring complete" as well...

MembersZone Subscriber

No man, nothing yet on my end. I don't know if we're gonna hear via e-mail or actual letters.

Forum Member

I'll be honest with you, if I wasn't on the facebook page then I would have no clue because I have not heard anything via email or letter or phone. I don't know. I'll be honest with you, I think I failed the written so....yea

MembersZone Subscriber

What FB page are you talking about?

Forum Member

They will probably let us know whatever way we origionaly applied. So if you applied via email all of your corespondance thus far has been through email. Seems logical that they would stick to whatevermethod they used last time you got information from them.

Thread Information