Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334354282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

I got the email from hr as well and it seems that any FF1 cert will get you extra points. I was under the impression that it had to be PA FF1 to get points. Does anyone know which it is?

Forum Member

Curious to understand how people know the amount of people the city will hire. The department is already short and massive retirements are on the horizon.

Out of those 2000 or so on the list how many have in the cities eye acceptable backgrounds/interview skills.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Long Time View Post
    Curious to understand how people know the amount of people the city will hire. The department is already short and massive retirements are on the horizon.

Out of those 2000 or so on the list how many have in the cities eye acceptable backgrounds/interview skills.
    Last edited by SVandro; 03-27-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Forum Member

^^^ Well said ^^^

Forum Member

How is the banding going to affect the scores? Are they going to band everyone into several large groups that they can then choose anyone from or will they just hire down the list in rank order? Also how does the interview come into play with the hiring process/ranking?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Alex77 View Post
    Also how does the interview come into play with the hiring process/ranking?
    The interview has no bearing on your position on the list. It is a cursory pre-employment interview, basically to see that you are living, breathing, and can walk and chew gum at the same time (maybe).

Forum Member

I emailed Audrey Drummond yesterday about the residency preference which was not taken into account in the list of rankings. I would recommend that anyone else who is a Philadelphia resident do the same.

Forum Member

How do you know that wasn't taken into account? You know that for a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex77 View Post
    How is the banding going to affect the scores? Are they going to band everyone into several large groups that they can then choose anyone from or will they just hire down the list in rank order?
    This is just one of the many questions that needed to be answered PRIOR to the test even being administered. Many asked, and many various answers (none of which were the same, and many basically saying "we have no idea how it's going to work, call someone else" were given. When answers were requested in writing, many all but got the phone hung up on them. There are also many other questions that need to be answered before they can be allowed to hire off this list; many questions that apparently SVandro doesnt think are important (at least before he deleted his post.....)

And I find it VERY hard to believe that the City has not already applied residency preference pts to the scores- after all, the vast majority of "the preferred demographic" live in the city and they are the ones that the City wants to hire.......

Has anyone called HR and found out what "List #2" means? What is list #1? When will it be released?

Say it with me boys and girls: "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT"

Say this word, too boys and girls: "EMERGENCY INJUNCTION."

Oh, and by the way SVandro- I dont have a f*cking dog in this fight, I started this thread in order to see to it that all potential candidates had a fair shot at getting hired. I know what it is like to be a victim of reverse discrimination due to the consent decree, which was fortunately dissolved last year, however certain factions of City Government have taken it upon themselves to do whatever they have to do to continue to hire as many of "the preferred demographic" as they possibly can. Is that OK with you?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedown View Post
    How do you know that wasn't taken into account? You know that for a fact?
    Check my quote on page 32. It explains it.

Forum Member

Does anybody else agree with my logic on the residency issue?

Forum Member

How does the residency preference work?

Forum Member

As far as I can tell, residency is already factored in. Look at the random numbers in each category on the list, they proceed from lowest to highest, but then the numbers start-over towards the bottom of each grouping. The only explanation is that residency has already been accounted for and residents get ranked first in each grouping in order of their random numbers, then non-residents in the same fashion.

As a resident, I can see that I am ranked above people who technically have lower random numbers in my category. Surely this is why.

MembersZone Subscriber

When two or more competitors have the same final average (including credits), rank order among the tied competitors shall be determined by ranking their names:

first, by their grades on the part of the examination which has the greatest weight, and

second, by their grades on the remaining weighted parts in order of de¨creasing weight;

for open competitive examinations administered on or after November 5, 2008, candidates who have maintained a bona fide residence in Philadelphia for at least one year prior to the date of the civil service examination shall have priority over all other persons receiving an identical test score;

such as remain tied, by computer assigned random numbers, or such other appropriate procedure as the Director may determine.

Forum Member

BigGuyPhilly,

Turn on your PM's

Forum Member

Therefore all residents with 100s will be hired before all non-resident 100s

Forum Member

Anyone interested in joining a lawsuit, PM me!

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    I emailed Audrey Drummond yesterday about the residency preference which was not taken into account in the list of rankings. I would recommend that anyone else who is a Philadelphia resident do the same.
    What was her answer?

Forum Member

Last edited by Upsidedown; 03-29-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedown View Post
    Don't know how to, but Im in.
    Sent you one, you should receive a notification I sent one.

Anyone else! Don't be shy and also don't be "complacent" or feel comfortable because you may have scored a 100 or are ranked "High". The city took what was supposed to be a "fair, court defensible" alternative to a standard civil service test and graded it completely backwards to how the company recommends it.

I suggest that every one of us joins in on this and DEMANDS the city score this test CORRECTLY or throw it out.

Thanks and take care everyone

Thread Information