Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Anyone out there who scored high 900s that received a letter or knows someone who did ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Where is the orientation being held? I assume it will be at the Fire Academy. What is the time frame was given?
    Well? Nothing but crickets.

Forum Member

May 31st ... Fire Academy

Forum Member

.............................. .............................. .............................. ....
    Last edited by JonBomb6; 05-01-2013 at 02:02 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    May 31st ... Fire Academy
    Thanks. Good luck.

Forum Member

I'm in decent shape and have been jogging but does anyone have some normal exercises I could do to better prepare for the academy ... any specific routine for running? push ups? etc?

Forum Member

Am I the only one thats aplication says "in hiring process" but did not get a letter? Called the city and now there saying there not up to my number.......

Forum Member

I'm gonna second mo27's question - Does anyone know approximately what number on the list orientation letters were sent out to? 200, 300, 400...??

Forum Member

.............................. .............................. .............................
    Last edited by JonBomb6; 05-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonBomb6 View Post
    Can't be 200 because I'm mid 200's...
    at least one person near 1200 got one so who knows how they are picking. It might be out of a hat for all we know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    I think it would say in hiring process if you were getting a letter
    Can anyone who recieved a letter confirm what their status is on the website? Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    at least one person near 1200 got one so who knows how they are picking. It might be out of a hat for all we know.
    You've confirmed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendmb1 View Post
    Can anyone who recieved a letter confirm what their status is on the website? Thanks!
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from what is being posted above and on the previous pages, it seems we have established that orientation-letter recipients are those with an application status of "in hiring process".

Forum Member

Hey, I'm in the 1200's and just got my letter...I have a few questions maybe someone can help me out..

1. Does the letter mean that I'm high enough on the list to be considered for a position for the 2 classes/ I would assume so since i got a letter, just figured with my list number I would be out of the range.

2. It included a body mass index..is this the "target" weight per height ratio that I need to pass in order to be considered if I get to the medical exam?

3. Should I fill out the Pa Dept of Health background check form if I am already an Emt? I was going to anyway..but just curious.

4. Any other helpful tips/insight from others who are or have been at this point in the process?

Thanks.

Forum Member

Your in the 1200s and got a letter? How is that possible?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nutts09 View Post
    You've confirmed this?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from what is being posted above and on the previous pages, it seems we have established that orientation-letter recipients are those with an application status of "in hiring process".
    I am in the lower 300's, my aplication satus says in hiring and i did not receive a lteer. I called the city and i was told they are not even around the 400's

Forum Member

My letter was dated may 11th... I don't know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Hey, I'm in the 1200's and just got my letter...I have a few questions maybe someone can help me out..

1. Does the letter mean that I'm high enough on the list to be considered for a position for the 2 classes/ I would assume so since i got a letter, just figured with my list number I would be out of the range.

2. It included a body mass index..is this the "target" weight per height ratio that I need to pass in order to be considered if I get to the medical exam?

3. Should I fill out the Pa Dept of Health background check form if I am already an Emt? I was going to anyway..but just curious.

4. Any other helpful tips/insight from others who are or have been at this point in the process?

Thanks.
    I see your an EMT, when did you send in your certification was if after the first list came out? If so there was a revised list for emt/firefihter1's and so on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by antny9111 View Post
    I am in the lower 300's, my aplication satus says in hiring and i did not receive a lteer. I called the city and i was told they are not even around the 400's
    BigGriffC12 says he is in the 1200's.... So someone is full of crap, my money is on the city.

Forum Member

Delete post due to posting twice.
    Last edited by BigGriffC12; 05-15-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: double post by accident.

Forum Member

Ant..I never sent in my EMT cert because I didn't receive it until Dec 17th..I had to miss class to take the written..and I went for my FFI the day after the written..so I doubt that it has nothing to do with it.
    Maybe they are giving preference to disabled veterans? I don't know. To be quite honest, I kind of wrote it off for the first 2 classes..figured maybe I'd get lucky and make it into the last class before the test ran out.

Thread Information