Forum Member

I'm just kidding ... I felt left out with all these rants and tantrums

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    By the way, Car 1 is a vet of the USN.
    Not. Try USCG.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Is there going to be ample parking at/near the fire academy for the orientation class or is this going to be a case of public transportation?
    There is parking on Pennypack Street from State Road to the Fire Academy. Put 5200 Pennypack Street, 19136, into maps.google.com

Forum Member

Just got my haircut ... going for my tux tomorrow

Forum Member

I bought some dress slacks last night, shirt and tie..I need to find my belt and my black shoes..and go to the tailor.

Forum Member

I bought some dress slacks last night, shirt and tie..I need to find my belt and my black shoes..and go to the tailor.
    I got my ball shorts, army PT shirt and flip flops ready to go. Figure thats good enough to sit in a crowded room and listen to the information they have for us ;-)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alphahwiskey08 View Post
    I got my ball shorts, army PT shirt and flip flops ready to go. Figure thats good enough to sit in a crowded room and listen to the information they have for us ;-)
    I was honestly debating a nice pair of jeans and a polo shirt but I need to go to a wedding 2 weeks after I i split the crotch in my other pair of dress pants doing the wiggle wiggle wiggle..yeah at our fire department dinner..sucks when you got dance moves that your pants won't co operate for.

Forum Member

By the way, on that form we have to fill out..it's the 1 with the space to list all residences in the last 10 years..there is a spot for payroll/application number. Is that non- applicable for us, or do we put in that C********** number we got when we applied..or something totally different?

Forum Member

By the way, on that form we have to fill out..it's the 1 with the space to list all residences in the last 10 years..there is a spot for payroll/application number. Is that non- applicable for us, or do we put in that C********** number we got when we applied..or something totally different?
    I personally left it blank. If I don't know and theres no instructions specifically telling me what to put in that slot I'm leaving it alone. Better blank than wrong

Forum Member

I'll leave it blank..and ask about it when i get there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alphahwiskey08 View Post
    You sure that's appropriate? Dude I'm AT LEAST gonna be wearing my volley t-shirt, complete with slogan. Matter of fact, I'll be in full turnouts, SCBA, breathing air at least 5 minutes prior to start of Orientation. I'd like to stop at the base and pick up some proximity gear, but I don't know...don't know if I'll have enough time.
    Last edited by SVandro; 05-27-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVandro View Post
    You sure that's appropriate? Dude I'm AT LEAST gonna be wearing my volley t-shirt, complete with slogan. Matter of fact, I'll be in full turnouts, SCBA, breathing air at least 5 minutes prior to start of Orientation. I'd like to stop at the base and pick up some proximity gear, but I don't know...don't know if I'll have enough time.
    I should just stay home then......... They're gonna hire u immediately

Forum Member

DO NOT forget your pagers ... Orientation is no excuse to miss a brush fire back home

Forum Member

That is it!!! I'm going to wear 1 of my wife's dresses under a class A haz-mat suit. I'll have my 911 text message ring tone set to power call and I'll have a minitor 1-5 on my FDNY fanny pack.

On a more serious note..happy memorial day to all the veterans/family of vets on here.
    hammerhead38 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    I sure hope they still make orientation classes run a few miles. It's always funny to see how many people say "screw this" just for being asked to run a mile and a half in dress shoes....

Sissys!
    .....through the 8th Bn........
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Hey, just wanted to say good luck to those who are going down for orientation today.

On a side note, can anyone give me a traffic report for the area of the fire academy esp. rte 95 and county line road for the 2-4pm time frame? map quest has me at 2 hr 15 min from my house but I'm guessing that it doesn't factor in traffic/construction. thanks.

Hey, just wanted to say good luck to those who are going down for orientation today.

On a side note, can anyone give me a traffic report for the area of the fire academy esp. rte 95 and county line road for the 2-4pm time frame? map quest has me at 2 hr 15 min from my house but I'm guessing that it doesn't factor in traffic/construction. thanks.
    Griff, IIRC you are coming down from the Tobyhanna area? Here's what I would do- take the NE Extension of the turnpike all the way down to the East-West turnpike. Run that eastbound to the "Philadelphia/Route 1" exit. Run Route 1 (The Roosevelt Blvd.) south to
    Rhawn Street or any other street that will get you over to State Road and into the Academy. Dont waste your time with County Line Road- which will be a lot of time. In fact, dont plan on getting there fast that time of day no matter what route you take, allow plenty of extra time.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Thanks Buff..was planning on leaving 130-145ish which according to mapquest would put me at 3-30-345 but in real life I'm sure i'll be cutting it close.

Forum Member

ORIENTATION
    -Arrive on time or be sent away which means no chance for you. (2 individuals were denied entrance)
    - Bring all paperwork in the addition of your SS card and HS diploma or GED
    - Dress however you like, its hot in there and no one cares what you look like, its just general information given out.
    - Park outside the gate on the street
    - 2 Classes to be hired for september
    Last edited by alphahwiskey08; 05-29-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    hammerhead38 likes this.

Forum Member

.............................. .............................. .............................. .....
    Last edited by JonBomb6; 04-28-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Thread Information