Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    Norf, my prints are at 845 and my interview is at 1045 ... also my buddy is scheduled 45 minutes after me ... So if they have only one interview panel, I imagine it will be rather quick
    So your letter specifies a time for your prints? Mine just stated interview @ 8:30am followed by a trip to the police administration building....

Forum Member

Ya mine specifies times ... I remember the lady at orientation saying some people interview first while others do prints to speed the process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    So your letter specifies a time for your prints? Mine just stated interview @ 8:30am followed by a trip to the police administration building....
    Bro, maybe because we're first in the chute on Wednesday They're just going to knock us out then we'll go fingerprint..makes sense to me..I'll double check my letter tomorrow in the AM..wife is bugging me to come to bed.

Banned

Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week. See you at the admin building

MembersZone Subscriber

What is everyone's rank on the list who got their letters???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week. See you at the admin building
    Leaving tomorrow afternoon..see you guys on Wednesday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steveoak View Post
    What is everyone's rank on the list who got their letters???

Single digit 200's
    Last edited by NorfPhilly; 07-31-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    steveoak likes this.

Forum Member

.................................................. ..........................
    Last edited by JonBomb6; 04-28-2013 at 12:57 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Inquiring minds want to know. Did BigGrif survive his interview or did he have a nervous breakdown?

Forum Member

I think he lost it when they hooked him up to the lie detector

Forum Member

I think he lost it when they hooked him up to the lie detector
    I heard the proctor giving the LD test started laughing and then the machine short-circuited
    SVandro likes this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know. Did BigGrif survive his interview or did he have a nervous breakdown?
    I was a little nervous talking to the chiefs..but It wasn't as bad as I thought it was..I was with the lady from personnel for maybe..10 minutes..only thing she asked was if I was ready to move into the city, and that if they found anything during my probation it would be grounds to be fired...and she took a call in regards to that 2 alarm call..i think..no biggie.

...and I went with a red tie, the 1 chief complimented me. Good icebreaker, after the interview was completed.
    Last edited by BigGriffC12; 08-02-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: changed post
    BigGuyPhilly likes this.

Forum Member

Can anyone who has taken the medical exam please shoot me a PM?

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    and she took a call in regards to that 2 alarm call..i think..no biggie.
    2-2-1534 Emerald and Westmoreland Streets. 100x100 garage, well involved w/ approx 20-30 antique automobiles destroyed.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    2-2-1534 Emerald and Westmoreland Streets. 100x100 garage, well involved w/ approx 20-30 antique automobiles destroyed.
    The fire marshal who happened to be eating lunch at the table next to us, along with his federal agent buddies were talking about it. And, the guys at the sign in desk at admin. building were listening to it on the radio..my wife told me it was all over the news.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I was a little nervous talking to the chiefs..but It wasn't as bad as I thought it was..I was with the lady from personnel for maybe..10 minutes..only thing she asked was if I was ready to move into the city, and that if they found anything during my probation it would be grounds to be fired...and she took a call in regards to that 2 alarm call..i think..no biggie.

...and I went with a red tie, the 1 chief complimented me. Good icebreaker, after the interview was completed.
    Glad your interview went well, Griff.

A few friends have been scheduled for gear fitting, FYI. Which is good news for all of you, regardless of where you stand.

Banned

Received my conditional offer of appointment pending the medcial screening in another week.....lookin good!
    SVandro likes this.

Forum Member

Did u get it at the interview or in the mail?

Banned

Did u get it at the interview or in the mail?
    Mail (specifying the date and time at 19th and Fairmount). Pretty much states that after the medical you will be put into a pool based off of rank that they will use for scheduling into an academy class

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SVandro View Post
    A few friends have been scheduled for gear fitting, FYI. Which is good news for all of you, regardless of where you stand.
    SVandro, you have an approximate timeline between medicals and gear fitting by chance?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken136 View Post
    SVandro, you have an approximate timeline between medicals and gear fitting by chance?
    I'm sorry I don't, it was at least a few weeks...I can ask brother dukes. I believe notification was via phone call, and it took place on a Saturday. Make sure your numbers are updated.
    Last edited by SVandro; 08-04-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    GOOSH! likes this.

Banned

What's the probability that those who were scheduled for the medical will be in the first two classes? They wouldn't waste money completing medicals now for a potential class 3 and 4 would they? I know it's the city and all like everyone says....

Forum Member

I was told at the interview that vets are being hired first and I may just be an alternate for this class. I am high 100s

Banned

I was told at the interview that vets are being hired first and I may just be an alternate for this class. I am high 100s
    When I was in HR she had a pretty lengthy list (spreadsheet) and she said she had a lot of red lines through names of people who never gave their PDQ, failed to show for an interview, or knew they wouldn't hire b/c of backgrounds (probation, drugs, etc.) I'm in the single digit 200's so I would expect that you should be good in all honesty. I'm nervous that I may be bounced to group 3 (god willing it happens). But why spend money on the medical just for them to have to do it again in another 5 months?? Plus go through orientation again!

Forum Member

My lady really didn't say anything, there were 2 ladys doing my group..an African American woman, and a short hair cut older white woman..anyways..the African American woman who interviewed (if you want to call it that, all she did was have me sign the payroll sheet on the back of the PDQ and then paged through the book not asking me a single question) I asked her how many people where in the process still out of the group that initially came to orientation and she said "we're interviewing 80-90 vets approx for 1 class, starting September 10th, and there may be another" When I asked her when we would know for sure..she said probably by September 1st. sooo not really helpful, she sort of danced around my questions.

I'm assuming if you got that infectious control packet to fill out that you would be scheduled for a medical..or why would they give them out? and, I'm thinking that if they want to hire 160 that they would medically check up 200 or so. but...we'll see I guess.

I'm starting to get real nervous, just seems like whenever I get on track to do something amazing, something negative happens...

Thread Information