Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by choadload View Post
    Yeah Aug 1st....I called hr and asked them if medical being after the 17 meant anything and she said no .
    I interviewed august 1st in the AM as well...I had the red tie on..

Forum Member

I interviewed July 27th and still no medical letter

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    I interviewed July 27th and still no medical letter
    Did you get an infection control packet?

Forum Member

Yes ... just waiting for my letter

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    Yes ... just waiting for my letter
    Hey man I would call personnel -today-I received my letter less than a week after My interview. Call

MembersZone Subscriber

Any non-vets out there have their interview?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steveoak View Post
    Any non-vets out there have their interview?
    I did the first week of August

Forum Member

Any new news, rumors? gotten real quiet around here.

Banned

Needless to say, getting fitted for gear may have been one of the best experiences thus far
    Wifey2Bigfire and ffwife83 like this.

Forum Member

Am I the only one yet to recieve a med letter? All HR tells me is all the letters aren't out yet.

Forum Member

I heard on another forum that the city will not start a class until the new..well, recently appealed contract, is squared away.

Does anyone or has anyone in the know heard anything about that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I heard on another forum that the city will not start a class until the new..well, recently appealed contract, is squared away.

Does anyone or has anyone in the know heard anything about that?
    I dont put any stock in that one. It's going to be a long, drawn out battle for a new contract. It's been four years. The Mayor is not ready to settle any time soon, and the Union certainly isn't going to accept anything he offers less than the raises they have missed out on plus something for the next 2 or 3 or however long the term of the new contract is (not to mention everything else like no furloughs which the mayor will not give up on, plus there are talks about reduction in manpower and permanent task forces again). There is no settlement in sight unless someone suddenly folds like a piece of paper which isnt going to happen, and the city knows it. Think about it- would they have spent the money for the test, the medicals, the interviews and everything else plus gear fitting?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

What are the chances the classes are started only to be cut a few months later? Has that ever happened in Philadelphia? Or something like NYC where there aren't enough minorities or women etc. and some judge cancels the class or voids the list at the last minute?

Either way what are some neighborhoods a person could start looking to move into?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt-pack_mule View Post
    What are the chances the classes are started only to be cut a few months later? Has that ever happened in Philadelphia? Or something like NYC where there aren't enough minorities or women etc. and some judge cancels the class or voids the list at the last minute?

Either way what are some neighborhoods a person could start looking to move into?
    Did you get invited to a class?

Forum Member

No one did, but maybe he has a family or a job obligation and reading through past messages on here the usual time of notification to start date is about 10 days..and being as we are roughly 3 weeks from the projected start dates maybe he is trying to plan ahead..just because you are looking doesn't mean he his signing a lease.

Forum Member

No one did, but maybe he has a family or a job obligation and reading through past messages on here the usual time of notification to start date is about 10 days..and being as we are roughly 3 weeks from the projected start dates maybe he is trying to plan ahead..just because you are looking doesn't mean he his signing a lease.
    How do you know no one did?

And why do you feel the need to speak for other people?
    Wifey2Bigfire likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt-pack_mule View Post

No one is going to lie to you and tell you it couldnt happen, especially in this City. However, Philadelphia dropped the Consent Decree (the minority hiring clause) last year, so it wont be for that reason unless someone or someones file a lawsuit and ask for a TRO or an injunction preventing any hiring until the case settles. That would take months to do; therefore classes being cancelled or placed on hold due to the reason you cited is highly unlikely.

if moving into the City I would stick to neighborhoods EAST of Roosevelt Boulevard (Rt 1) and NORTH of Cottman Avenue. Just watch out which particular hoods unless if you are fluent in Russian or Hebrew.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSH! View Post
    How do you know no one did?

And why do you feel the need to speak for other people?
    Well, because someone on here would have said something, be it someone on the job with some scuttlebutt..or someone wouldn't be able to contain themselves and post it on here.

Temporarily Inactive

Anybody not done with medical yet ?

Forum Member

Yep .. called HR again and was told not all medical letters are out ... Don't know why I didn't get one

Forum Member

Well, good luck to all you guys. 46 pounds in 3 months wasn't enough. Hopefully we can get a class in the spring for the rest of us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phfire View Post
    I got my letter for medical for end of august and then got another one saying that my medical is canceled because they filled both classes.
    What was your approximate rank? Just trying to get an idea of where the cutoff line was.

Forum Member

Well, good luck to all you guys. 46 pounds in 3 months wasn't enough. Hopefully we can get a class in the spring for the rest of us.
    So, you got a letter stating you didn't make the weight? If so, sorry to hear that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
    So, you got a letter stating you didn't make the weight? If so, sorry to hear that.
    Naw, I knew I was over, I just figured that my body composition was good I.E. I didn't look like a fat blob..I've had a muscular build for most of my adult life, not ripped, just not a pile of blubber either..Honestly, I haven't looked this good, or been in this good of shape since post-basic training. But the looks couldn't change the cold numbers. I even slept with a trash bag on last night to try and drop some water weight.

I went in, put the gown on, opening towards the front, left my shorts, shoes, and socks on and proceeded to the doctor weighed me, checked my eyes, talked about getting blown up in Iraq, and he said I needed to lose more weight..but I could come back. So, at least I didn't have Aids or something that I can't correct in a month and a half or so.

It wasn't my time, hopefully, the budget gets squared away soon and they will push another class or 2 in the spring.

Good luck to those who made it, and keep trying and stay positive to the guys who didn't.

He didn't even finish the physical, no blood work or nothing. He just said lose the weight come back.
    Last edited by BigGriffC12; 08-22-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add to post

Forum Member

Im higher 100s and apparently got skipped over

Thread Information