Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Temporarily Inactive

Hr said all letters for 187 are going out next week....and like I said 187 is going to be 30 vets and 50 non vets. The list are already made

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by choadload View Post
    Hr said all letters for 187 are going out next week....and like I said 187 is going to be 30 vets and 50 non vets. The list are already made
    Did you speak with HR today? They told you all that info? Any idea what rank the non vets will go up to??

Temporarily Inactive

Spoke to hr on wends after somebody on here suggested I call about bunker gear. She actually slipped up and gave me some good news about myself. And the numbers are word passed on from some pfd brass.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFD186187 View Post
    Griff, I do believe you are right but how do you know this info?
    Considering that the city received funding to hire vets, and a good chunk of vets interviewed the first week of July..it would make sense they get notified first.

If I had to make sense of it, if you interviewed in July, you would be in the Sept 10th class, and if you interviewed in august you would be in the Sept 14th class..as far as veterans go. If you were a non-vet the same should apply for you...except how ever the city picks them to be good to go for the class...or..you're an alternate..maybe there is a dartboard with names..or maybe they use that random number that we got assigned when we signed up for the test...If you're a vet and passed everything you should be in a class..if you are a non-vet I'd wait until I got a letter..or call HR.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by choadload View Post
    I figured the number would be a little move in favor of veterans..like 60-20. Either way, good luck to you guys, hopefully I'll see you on the job in a year or so if they put a spring class through.

Forum Member

Has anyone talked to HR about a spring class? What are the chances?

Forum Member

Delete post
    Last edited by the shadow; 01-31-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    unbroken136 likes this.

Forum Member

So 186 class got letters already and 187 is getting letters next week?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFD186187 View Post
    Has anyone talked to HR about a spring class? What are the chances?
    I heard that at least one class around February is a pretty sure thing, but a second class is a possibility. I am not stating anything, just what I heard from others.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by the shadow View Post
    I heard that at least one class around February is a pretty sure thing, but a second class is a possibility. I am not stating anything, just what I heard from others.
    Well that's good news for us non vets....

Forum Member

My buddy said that those who get bumped to the spring will have to re-do the whole process all over again. (orientation, interview, medical). So are we first in line? like they take EVERYONE who didn't make in these 2 classes first? then whoever is left they pick more from the list? or are we just at the mercy of the man again? I doubt the only people who know for sure aren't on the forums but just throwing it out there.

Also, I mean, for me, the doctor, said I had 6 months or else the physical didn't count, so if I lose my weight a week after these classes start, do I have to go and retake the medical (pending I pass everything else)?

Banned

Christ this is gonna be close.....I'm in the single digits 200's.

Forum Member

See you wackers in the spring ... good luck again to everyone getting letters

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    Christ this is gonna be close.....I'm in the single digits 200's.
    Keep your head up..you made it this far. You've made it further then literally thousands of other people. Everything will work out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    See you wackers in the spring ... good luck again to everyone getting letters
    I believe the correct spelling is wHacker.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    My buddy said that those who get bumped to the spring will have to re-do the whole process all over again. (orientation, interview, medical). So are we first in line? like they take EVERYONE who didn't make in these 2 classes first? then whoever is left they pick more from the list? or are we just at the mercy of the man again? I doubt the only people who know for sure aren't on the forums but just throwing it out there.

Also, I mean, for me, the doctor, said I had 6 months or else the physical didn't count, so if I lose my weight a week after these classes start, do I have to go and retake the medical (pending I pass everything else)?
    I heard the opposite, that you wouldn't have to redo anything if you went through the entire process. I hope your buddy is wrong for the sake of others lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    You WILL have to redo the entire process.

I went through this when the city had the requirement that you have 1 year inside city limits before appointment. I got a call when the idiot doing my background realized that my issue date on my license was only a few months earlier. Needless to say I had been interviewed, passed the physical and background checks and was fitted for gear WITH a letter inviting me to class. Gotta call from HR 3 days before telling me "Sorry, but you have to decline till the next class".

I ended up doing everything again. EVERY.... SINGLE.... THING!

only advise... grin and bear it.

Yeah but you can prove that otherwise through utility bills and what not. I never changed my license, but had a card from PENNDOT showing my current address. Why spend the money for a new pic, when you can carry two cards...

You didn't fight it? I would've had lease paperwork, bills, etc
    Last edited by NorfPhilly; 08-31-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: addtional info added

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    Yeah but you can prove that otherwise through utility bills and what not. I never changed my license, but had a card from PENNDOT showing my current address. Why spend the money for a new pic, when you can carry two cards...

You didn't fight it? I would've had lease paperwork, bills, etc
    Penndot doesn't issue a new photo license when you change address...They issue that yellow card with your new addy and you have to show that with your license. Then when your actual picture license expires they update the addy on that.

I moved 2 years ago, a year after updating my picture license once home from the army, and all through this process I had to dig out and show that flimsy yellow paper.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    You WILL have to redo the entire process.

I went through this when the city had the requirement that you have 1 year inside city limits before appointment. I got a call when the idiot doing my background realized that my issue date on my license was only a few months earlier. Needless to say I had been interviewed, passed the physical and background checks and was fitted for gear WITH a letter inviting me to class. Gotta call from HR 3 days before telling me "Sorry, but you have to decline till the next class".

I ended up doing everything again. EVERY.... SINGLE.... THING!

only advise... grin and bear it.
    That boggles my mind. Like, why didn't they do that when they checked your yellow book before your interview and then question it during your interview. Some people man.

MembersZone Subscriber

There is still hope for you guys that haven't heard anything yet. Heard from a reliable source that as of early last week, there were only 47 names submitted to the Fire Academy for starting the 1st class on Sept. 10 (looking for 80). Seems that background investigations are bumping many. The way the city HR works, you might get a call on Friday, Sept. 7th and told to show up on the 10th.
    unbroken136 and Wifey2Bigfire like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    There is still hope for you guys that haven't heard anything yet. Heard from a reliable source that as of early last week, there were only 47 names submitted to the Fire Academy for starting the 1st class on Sept. 10 (looking for 80). Seems that background investigations are bumping many. The way the city HR works, you might get a call on Friday, Sept. 7th and told to show up on the 10th.
    Bigguyphilly, how reliable is your source? I like what your saying but just confused because someone else on here a page back said the class was already picked with 30 vets and 50 non vets... I hope your right and he is wrong...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Your on the job and I trust your word..but yea..someone said they called personnel and they got told 50 and 30 for the 10th already..so its already filled..

Forum Member

I thought ALL backgrounds were done by now..I mean, it can't take that long. Can it? The lady didn't ask me ANYTHING durring my interview concerning my yellow book...

Forum Member

If they can't get enough people to fill 2 classes..I assume they will just postpone the 1 class?

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    If they can't get enough people to fill 2 classes..I assume they will just postpone the 1 class?
    Big griff it will just Mean they will burn through the list even faster!!

Thanks big guy that makes sense when they told people for every 2 they hire 1! Appreciate the info

Thread Information