Griff did you get your letter yet?
    Yes,Aug. 1st.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Yes,Aug. 1st.
    Good for you....low 200's right?

Forum Member

not exactly..

Default Rest in peace, young candidate.......

On a serious note, I thought I would post this here in case if anyone recognizes his name or face from any of the tests. This is from the Upper Makefield Fire Company (Bucks County Company 71) Facebook Page:

"It is with much regret that we announce the tragic passing of one of our own. Firefighter/EMT Collin Abrams passed away early Saturday morning, July 14, from injuries sustained from a swimming accident. FF/EMT C. Abrams joined UMFC as a Junior in Aug. 2006, and was also active with Union Fire Company & Rescue Squad of Titusville, NJ, Raritan Twp. Fire Company, NJ and the Lambertville-New Hope Ambulance & Rescue Squad. Collin was also in the first stages of testing for a career with the City of Philadelphia Fire Department. A dedicated, young man, taken away too soon. He will be sorely missed."

Name:  collin abrams.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  13.8 KB
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 07-15-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Banned

RIP buddy. Things like this always happen to the good guys. My condolences to Bucks County fire....
    Last edited by NorfPhilly; 07-15-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Forum Member

Sad news. 120's on the list, so he would've been a classmate to you guys. Condolences to his family, friends and fire service brothers.

Banned

Anybody interview recently???

MembersZone Subscriber

Additional interviews scheduled August 1 - August 10 weekdays only.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Additional interviews scheduled August 1 - August 10 weekdays only.
    First week for me

Forum Member

Does anybody have a clue how many people got booted from the process so far? rumors? just for the sake of conversation..

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Does anybody have a clue how many people got booted from the process so far? rumors? just for the sake of conversation..
    Well, don't be showing up with felony convictions on your record. Heard that some were scratched for that.

Forum Member

No felonies here ... just hoping a heart murmur doesn't get me bounced

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    No felonies here ... just hoping a heart murmur doesn't get me bounced
    Not a problem if you have it documented. Friend on the job had some kind of heart valve defect since birth - got on no problem, just needed his cardiologist's letter stating he was fit for duty. Wound up having open heart surgery last year, made it back without a hitch. Did I mention he's only 30?

To everyone else, he did have a lesson from his entry test/process: when you go for your physical, they tellyou to bring all X-rays, etc.; he brought his X-ray images/films (or MRI, or whatever it was), and the city docs said they didn't want to see them, they wanted to see the report of the X-ray findings. The lesson:be prepared, bring EVERYTHING.
    Opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Philadelphia Fire Department and/or IAFF Local 22.

Forum Member

Thank you sir ... Mine is from birth as well and hasn't been an issue at all my entire life but it IS there so I was worried ... Thanks again

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrpita View Post
    Not a problem if you have it documented. Friend on the job had some kind of heart valve defect since birth - got on no problem, just needed his cardiologist's letter stating he was fit for duty. Wound up having open heart surgery last year, made it back without a hitch. Did I mention he's only 30?

To everyone else, he did have a lesson from his entry test/process: when you go for your physical, they tellyou to bring all X-rays, etc.; he brought his X-ray images/films (or MRI, or whatever it was), and the city docs said they didn't want to see them, they wanted to see the report of the X-ray findings. The lesson:be prepared, bring EVERYTHING.

I'll be honest with you, I really don't have any medical records...like, I have some most of the stuff when I got blown up, but I never got any X-rays..well, they never gave me copies and I have no clue where to get them; The VA hospital has all of my medical records from the army..I thought this was just going to be a show up and get checked out. I'm going to freak out now..YES

Forum Member

Or..is that just for major conditions? i.e. I have medical paperwork from when I was blown up, had surgery, and medivac-ed to the US, and I can obtain records from the surgery I had to have a cyst removed..that's not an issue, but, I don't have like, life long medical records from when I was a kid..and what if you try to produce it, but you can't get it for whatever reason and you tell the doctor I called Dr. so and so and the such and such hospital to get records for this and that but he/she told me that they can't be released or they don't have them on file anymore? I tried, I was honest about the situation and what happened..you know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    Griff relax, I can tell you that when I went for my physical the only thing I brought with me was my ID.

I'm pretty sure PITA was referring to people who have "medical issues" that would appear major if not already cleared by another doctor. Meaning, you cant show up and have an "odd" heart rhythm and get by unless you've had a cardiologist tell you its just normal for you, and there aren't any physical limitations and have documentation of that... remember, this isn't a desk job.

Just be glad you arent going through what I have to go through....

Written test, then Physical performance test... average of those two scores gets you a spot on the list..
    Next I have a polygraph, background check, interview, medical screening, PSYCHOLOGICAL screening (oh great) then ANOTHER polygraph to see if you lied on anything since the first polygraph... WTF

Go do your interview and get on the job you lazy schmucks!

Did the Poly for a dept in Northern Virginia, the background packet was insane, sex with animals,gambling, communist party, the girl giving it looked like Rachel Billson, she asked me if I knew what a medula oblongota is for, and I said it makes alligators Honory, she didn't find it funny, needless to say the rest of the day didn't go well.

Thanks the insight on the medical though...calmed me down a a lot. Good luck with your process.

Forum Member

It was my first testing process..I tried to lighten the mood, for me if no one else to try and calm myself down..lol

Forum Member

Question

did anyone get a letter to do their medical yet???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whoisthis123 View Post
    did anyone get a letter to do their medical yet???
    I think someone mentioned that the people who got interviewed the first week of July should have gotten them..and also, someone mentioned that they are trying to do medicals within a week of interviews...You'll have to go back a few pages, don't quote me.

Thread Information