Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big wil View Post
    No damn hand outs was giving.

I rest my case...

Forum Member

Anyone get anything or hear anything yet today? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSH! View Post
    Right. While guys like deadbear271 who ranked 1000s higher DO have to sweat it out and wait....

NOW do all of you naysayers understand why I said way-back-when for all of you to get together and file a class-action lawsuit??????
    mrpita likes this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Fwd where did u rank

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whoisthis123 View Post
    Fwd where did u rank
    I did not test. I am the original poster who started this thread, in hopes of assisting all of the potential candidates to communicate with one another about various issues and to demand fairness from the City (yeah, right.....)

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Forum Member

Then shut up no one wants to hear what you have to say, especially since you did even take the test. Go back to wishing you were a career firefighter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    My buddy got his letter today to start the 14th ... hes 120s non vet
    thanks for the heads up...

Temporarily Inactive

Got my letter....boom
    ffwife83 likes this.

Forum Member

Then shut up no one wants to hear what you have to say, especially since you did even take the test. Go back to wishing you were a career firefighter.
    Hey Junior....I was getting a paycheck to fight fires when your mommy was still wiping your nose for you. I started this thread to assist potential candidates for Philly to communicate with one another about issues regarding the test and list. I have been there and done that. I have several polictical connections in both Philadelphia Government as well as connections in the PFD. One or two guys on here know me personally.

Query: Do YOU know what the Consent Decree is? Do you know if it is stil in effect? Do you know why it may or may not be affecting the hiring status of so many guys currently on the list? If you knew the answer to the question, you wouldnt be telling me to shut up. Now go back to doing your algebra homework or touching yourself watching the cheerleaders practice or whatever it is that you do.
    ffwife83 likes this.

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by choadload View Post
    Got my letter....boom
    And it said which start date?

Forum Member

"Career"...nice.. I forgot fire burns hotter and is more dangerous for people who get paid to fight it.

Forum Member

FYI..He was a career firefighter for many years..AND he has fought his fair share of fires. He got burnt by the same system that is currently burning a a lot of people. so just because he didn't take the test doesn't mean that he doesn't have pertinent information/advice for us. Just saying.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyhook1977 View Post
    "Career"...nice.. I forgot fire burns hotter and is more dangerous for people who get paid to fight it.
    Actually I prefer the term "Career Firefighter" versus "Professional Firefighter." I know many career guys that are no where near professional, and I know many Vollies that are extremely professional. The term "Career Firefighter" is in no way derogatory or demeaning; it's a technically correct term.

Banned

C'mon guys....the negativity needs to stop. I'm a non-vet and these guys are getting hired. It is what it is! I deal with it everyday in the federal government. I'm not going to give two ****s when I'm working if the guy next to me is a vet or non-vet, we need to have each others back regardless of race, sex, and or military status. If you are in the top 300 you have an excellent chance of getting on. I'm sitting in the single digit 200's and didn't get a letter yet and have completed the process. It's gonna come one day, may not be in September but hey most on here have gotten further than the 12000 that applied. It's a drop in tub compared to some
    ffwife83 likes this.

Temporarily Inactive

FWD I appreciate what you did Thanks! But honestly fellas lets not have a ****ing contest on here. This is extremely nerve racking for anyone awaiting a letter and we really don't need to see this. I'm hoping my husband makes this class but I can't find out if anyone around his rank got their letter due to the bashing posts. And I thought us women were caddy! Sorry and Thanks
    ffwife83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    I'm sitting in the single digit 200's and didn't get a letter yet and have completed the process.
    ......and people who are ranked well beyond you are going to get hired before you, hence why a class-action lawsuit should have been filed against Philly to stop the insanity and to force a colorblind hiring system.

Good Luck to you guys who got letters today.

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    BigGriffC12 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSH! View Post

I rest my case...
    Well Mr. Goosh once again you are at it. I'm sorry I didn't know we had a English major on here - but my bad- I will definitely check my grammar from now on. What the hell ever - you ****ed me off and I wrote what I wrote without checkig spelling or grammar -
    So what- I'm a highly educated individual and your ignorance is just that. So Here is one for you- several schools are looking for English teachers-please apply-you have such a great knack for grammatical errors on a forum where people are trying to get a job and don't give a #%^k About misspelling words. Get a life and suck it the hell up and Drive on.
    Last edited by Big wil; 09-06-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Forum Member

How will HR notify those who's numbers they didn't reach or the alternates? Has anyone on here received notification of alternate status?

Forum Member

I would assume via Us Mail, but I'm gonna call tomorrow after mail time..just to be like..what's going on. then again I'll probably get the run around.

Banned

Griff let me know what they say about people who are alternates....my mailbox was empty again, i need that to change....or for my phone to ring
    Wifey2Bigfire likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    Griff let me know what they say about people who are alternates....my mailbox was empty again, i need that to change....or for my phone to ring
    Bro, don't be surprised if you get a letter tomorrow or Saturday telling you to report Monday morning..I'd grab a pair of blue work pants and a blue work/uniform type shirt and some cheapy black boots just in case...don't want to be running around like a headless chicken. Be prepared. If not, just keep them for the spring class.

I really hope that myself, and whoever else doesn't get their number picked is FIRST in the chute come spring time...

Gonna get me some P90x..gonna look like I just left a WWII prison camp come next go around..

I'll let you know...till then..good luck.

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt-pack_mule View Post
    How will HR notify those who's numbers they didn't reach or the alternates? Has anyone on here received notification of alternate status?
    Your "notification" will be in the form of not receiving a letter. Once the list expires, you will get a letter saying that your rank was not reached. There is no such thing as an "alternate" in the way you guys are thinking of it. It simply means that you are one of the next few in line. If there is another class, you will be the first ones in that class.

Thread Information