Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

  1. #1241
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    There is an L stop at 8th and Market (Market East station). That is literally 2 blocks from the round house (Police Headquarters). And there is another L stop at 2nd and Spring Garden, less than a block from the Fire Admin Building.

    Parking is metered on the streets around both buildings and not usually that busy.
    If you were us, having an interview before 9am would you take the train, or drive and park?


  2. #1242
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    Does your car start every time you get in it? Worried about it breaking down anytime soon? No? Then I personally would drive. I like to be in charge of getting there on time myself. Not to say the trains aren't reliable, but you cant get off a train stopped in the middle of the route and take another way can you. There is a lot of metered parking around 2nd/3rd and Spring Garden. Same goes for 8th and Race. If your driving just give yourself plenty of time, dont rush.

    Good luck
    Thanks fuss..I have some family outside the city in Bucks co..The wife was thinking about getting a hotel and going on an overnight trip. I was hoping the parking situation was as good as you said it was, because I really hate taking public transportation when I'm from out of town and it is for something this important.

    Thanks again..btw are you attending the convention?

  3. #1243
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    If you were us, having an interview before 9am would you take the train, or drive and park?
    Drive yourself. Leave plenty of time and bring a handful of quarters. If you leave enough time, you can park several blocks away "in the neighborhood" for free. Or, park right on Spring Garden St. somewhere between 3rd & 5th Sts...there is usually a meter open. Either way, don't let mass transit have control over your future career.

  4. #1244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128

    Default

    One week to go gentlemen!

  5. #1245
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    One week to go gentlemen!
    True story..I'm running my suit pants to the tailor tomorrow so I can get them back and press them on Monday.

    On a side note..you don't think if I got a blue tie that the chiefs would find that offensive since the whole..red line red=firefighting blue=police do you?

  6. #1246
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    True story..I'm running my suit pants to the tailor tomorrow so I can get them back and press them on Monday.

    On a side note..you don't think if I got a blue tie that the chiefs would find that offensive since the whole..red line red=firefighting blue=police do you?
    No. Come on, don't over-analyze this. You'll drive yourself crazy. Just dress nice and presentable in business attire. Truthfully answers questions to the best of your knowlege. And relax as best you can. The interviewers know that you are nervous. Been there .... done that.

  7. #1247
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,224

    Default

    As far as parking in Philly, you need to pay very strict attention to the signs on the street where you want to park. There are times that you can't park at all, rush hours, etc. If you mess up and get a ticket and towed, you'll have to pay the PPA a visit. Be prepared for a long wait to get you car.

    If you guys who are aspiring to get hired will put the quality time once you get hired at the Academy as you have in these 66 pages, you may do pretty well.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  8. #1248
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    As far as parking in Philly, you need to pay very strict attention to the signs on the street where you want to park. There are times that you can't park at all, rush hours, etc. If you mess up and get a ticket and towed, you'll have to pay the PPA a visit. Be prepared for a long wait to get you car.

    If you guys who are aspiring to get hired will put the quality time once you get hired at the Academy as you have in these 66 pages, you may do pretty well.
    Way to freak me out..thanks lol

  9. #1249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I have my interview @ 8:30am. Does anyone know the duration of the interview? At the completion of the interview do we go directly to police headquarters or will they give us a specific time slot? There is no mention of time in the letter....

    Just trying to determine how long the process will take because I work at 3pm.

  10. #1250
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Norf, my prints are at 845 and my interview is at 1045 ... also my buddy is scheduled 45 minutes after me ... So if they have only one interview panel, I imagine it will be rather quick

  11. #1251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    Norf, my prints are at 845 and my interview is at 1045 ... also my buddy is scheduled 45 minutes after me ... So if they have only one interview panel, I imagine it will be rather quick
    So your letter specifies a time for your prints? Mine just stated interview @ 8:30am followed by a trip to the police administration building....

  12. #1252
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Ya mine specifies times ... I remember the lady at orientation saying some people interview first while others do prints to speed the process

  13. #1253
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    So your letter specifies a time for your prints? Mine just stated interview @ 8:30am followed by a trip to the police administration building....
    Bro, maybe because we're first in the chute on Wednesday They're just going to knock us out then we'll go fingerprint..makes sense to me..I'll double check my letter tomorrow in the AM..wife is bugging me to come to bed.

  14. #1254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week. See you at the admin building

  15. #1255
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia. PA, 19128
    Posts
    4

    Default

    What is everyone's rank on the list who got their letters???

  16. #1256
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week. See you at the admin building
    Leaving tomorrow afternoon..see you guys on Wednesday.

  17. #1257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveoak View Post
    What is everyone's rank on the list who got their letters???

    Single digit 200's
    Last edited by NorfPhilly; 07-31-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    steveoak likes this.

  18. #1258
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    .............................. .............................. ................
    Last edited by JonBomb6; 04-27-2013 at 11:57 PM.

  19. #1259
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Inquiring minds want to know. Did BigGrif survive his interview or did he have a nervous breakdown?

  20. #1260
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I think he lost it when they hooked him up to the lie detector

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 12-11-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 07:23 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 11-30-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 09:49 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 11-23-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 08:04 AM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 11-17-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 11-12-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts