Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31717879808182838491131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Forum Member

Wait, maybe steveoak can tell us how his recent interview went??

Banned

Just wanted to give everyone still waiting (including myself) a little hope. Apparently (3) people have been dropped from the class that already started this past Monday....

(2) - failed to show
    (1) - realized it wasn't for them

(1) - passed out and ended up in the bus.

That was just from Mondays (80)....still got two days till Fridays (80)
    GOOSH! and FFRN like this.

Forum Member

Why did someone pass out? Was the work out to much for them ?

Forum Member

It would also be nice to know what number they left off on!

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by emt-pack_mule View Post
    It would also be nice to know what number they left off on!

Me too so if anyone knows or has an idea can they please share?!? Thanks

Forum Member

It makes me want to vomit that some people wait until they are in the academy to realize that it isn't for them...Like it didn't dawn upon these guys at he orientation how it was going to be? and it didn't dawn upon this guy who fell out that maybe..just maybe since I passed everything I should maybe go for a jog a couple times a week, quit smoking, and drinking and maybe eat a salad here and there?

Disgusting..Disgusting that guys on here who worked hard to try to get something can't do it because of the numbers game but they let trash in who can't hack doing admin paperwork the first week..
    Trackhoe71 and the shadow like this.

I was low 400's on the last list (of three) that I was on, which was during the time of the consent decree. I was passed over into the 1500's and 2000's for them to find enough "preferred demographic" candidates who qualified for the job to make the quota numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Disgusting..Disgusting that guys on here who worked hard to try to get something can't do it because of the numbers game but they let trash in who can't hack doing admin paperwork the first week..
    Something about filing a class-action lawsuit is coming to mind right now but I wont say it because someone who knows everything about nothing will bite my head off.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I was low 400's on the last list (of three) that I was on, which was during the time of the consent decree. I was passed over into the 1500's and 2000's for them to find enough "preferred demographic" candidates who qualified for the job to make the quota numbers.

Something about filing a class-action lawsuit is coming to mind right now but I wont say it because someone who knows everything about nothing will bite my head off.

Much respect to you as always but..in all honesty, a class action law suit would NEVER work..

think about this..

*The top 500-1000 or so, wouldn't want any part of it, because they don't want to ruin their chances of getting on the job..

*The bottom 500-1000 or so wouldn't want any part of it because they figure, no sense in it, they scored too low to give a damn..

*The middle 500-1000 would be the only ones who would look at it and be like, " Yeah man we can make this happen and actually follow through with it..The organization of members wouldn't be hard with social media and word of mouth, but the factor would be money..and enough people with the heart and balls to go through with it..and in the end the city has/can get WAY more money then 500 people who are either barely supporting their families, who are barely supporting themselves, or who don't support themselves at all..

I would like to see them add a physical agility test, and take away the stupid god forsaken weight chart.. NO ONE can measure someone's heart, determination and qualification based on weight..I can guarantee that if I got into the class, I would still be in, They'd have to carry me out in a bodybag to get me to quit...but that is just me...

And there are people who met all the requirements, who didn't get letters and who might not get called to fill those empty spots.

I guess the people who were no-shows couldn't Google the answers to the NIMS exam online..or maybe they just didn't care and weren't honest with themselves..but I bet they scored well on the personality test or they were underweight too..I bet the doctor feels like an IDIOT letting someone who was under weight get into the academy and then fall out of the first PT session..

I don't understand how such a proud department, and how such awesome firefighters can be run by a bunch of people who are so out of touch..

Much respect to you as always but..in all honesty, a class action law suit would NEVER work..
    They have worked in other cities before.....including Philly.....Not to mention Camden, Baltimore, Boston, NYC, Hartford, Yonkers.....the list goes on. But these were done by young men wanting to get on the job who all banded together and formally organized. And by the guys at the top (actually they were the biggest proponents of the lawsuits as they were tired of getting passed over while sitting at such high numbers....) And in days pre-internet before open forums such as this one, email, twitter and other forms of mass electronic media communications.

Granted, many of these lawsuits were filed by members of the "preferred demographic" with the assistance of various lobbying groups such as the NAACP or the ACLU, but it was done.

It can be done Griffy.....
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 09-13-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Forum Member

They have worked in other cities before.....including Philly.....Not to mention Camden, Baltimore, Boston, NYC, Hartford, Yonkers.....the list goes on. But these were done by young men wanting to get on the job who all banded together and formally organized. And by the guys at the top (actually they were the biggest proponents of the lawsuits as they were tired of getting passed over while sitting at such high numbers....) And in days pre-internet before open forums such as this one, email, twitter and other forms of mass electronic media communications.

Granted, many of these lawsuits were filed by members of the "preferred demographic" with the assistance of various lobbying groups such as the NAACP or the ACLU, but it was done.

It can be done Griffy.....
    You win this 1 my friend..

I just think that..that it takes a lot of character...something that this generation lacks.

You win this 1 my friend..

I just think that..that it takes a lot of character...something that this generation lacks.
    I wasn't going to say anything....buuuuuuuut........ .considering some of the comments on here......but I digress.
    ffwife83 likes this.

Forum Member

I wasn't going to say anything....buuuuuuuut........ .considering some of the comments on here......but I digress.
    There's a lot of awesome guys on here, who worked hard to get here...but there's a few..lol

How many that began this past Monday aren't not there today??
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Banned

(4) no shows yesterday.......

Disgraceful
    BigGriffC12 likes this.

Forum Member

isn't that the truth..I'm guessing they aren't replacing those who dropped or didn't show?

Banned

isn't that the truth..I'm guessing they aren't replacing those who dropped or didn't show?
    Well they (HR) don't work weekends, so perhaps some lucky people could get called Monday

Forum Member

Hopefully its one of you guys..fingers crossed.

Forum Member

I'm trying to get an idea how far they got on the list. If you are a non-vet and in the academy now or personally know a non-vet who is, please post your/their approximate rank. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by craigc; 09-17-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Thread Information