Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Gear fitting they called last time around, I was told they're going to send letters this time. You try on bunker gear, gloves & boots... Academy start 25 & 29 hopefully they won't change it ready to leave my job now !
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did anyone on here have interviews today (03/16/13)?

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffwife83 View Post
    Husband was in the first round last time. They called about 1-2 weeks after medical to schedule gear fitting. Went the day after he got the call to get fitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    Gear fitting they called last time around, I was told they're going to send letters this time. You try on bunker gear, gloves & boots... Academy start 25 & 29 hopefully they won't change it ready to leave my job now !
    Thanks both of you for the info. it;s like waiting for Christmas morning to get here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eroman476 View Post
    Yeah my interview was on 03-16-13. Did you have any questions about it?
    Message me off-line.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard of anyone getting declined yet?

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Forum Member

Anything new / news ?? I found out we don't have to do 2 mins of push-ups nonstop, just as many as u can do in 2 mins... Can't wait until the academy start been training everyday !!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eroman476 View Post
    Fairly new to this site and I'm not sure how I would message you off-line unless I had your e-mail address or something.
    At the top right of the page, next to Log Out, click Settings. Left hand side, under My Account, click General Settings. Under Private Messaging, click the Private Messaging On button and the From all Members button.

MembersZone Subscriber

Additional interviews have been scheduled from Monday, June 3, through Monday, June 10.

Forum Member

Anything new / news ?? I found out we don't have to do 2 mins of push-ups nonstop, just as many as u can do in 2 mins... Can't wait until the academy start been training everyday !!
    33 days to go!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Additional interviews have been scheduled from Monday, June 3, through Monday, June 10.
    Hmm I wonder y... Maybe they're trying to have another class right after the double classes to fill the vacancies.

Forum Member

Hmm I wonder y... Maybe they're trying to have another class right after the double classes to fill the vacancies.
    Letters for those interviews were sent out last month with the rest. I think he means that the BCs were scheduled.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Letters for those interviews were sent out last month with the rest. I think he means that the BCs were scheduled.
    Tomorrow would make 160 interviews. From what the lady in personell told me two wks ago. Look like another class will b going in soon after... Never kno w this city.

Forum Member

I have a question for someone who may be "in the know". I have my physical scheduled for next week, I have no medical history whatsoever, no broken bones or surgery or anything like that, but when I got out of the Navy last year I went to a VA health screening and the printout they gave me said that my cholesterol and triglycerides were both high. I chalked it up to my post-active duty diet of fast food and budweiser, never went to see an actual doctor and was never actually diagnosed, never took any kind of medication for it or anything. I've improved my diet since last year, but I'm worried it still might be high. I see on the letter they sent me that they will be taking blood at the physical. I'm 24 years old and in otherwise good shape, if my cholesterol is high is that something that will keep me out? Or are they just looking for very serious medical problems with that blood test? I'd appreciate some words of wisdom.

Banned

Don't even worry about that, they're looking for drugs

Forum Member

That's a major relief, I wasn't sure if they were just looking for drugs or major medical problems (like if something was way off and meant you were really sick) or if they were going to eliminate people for things like cholesterol or other minor things. Will the doctor tell me if I pass on the day of the physical or is there a waiting period?

Forum Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-16-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Banned

No hair test it's too expensive, and I've been through the process twice. Vitals, hearing, vision, blood, **** test, general physical. Make sure you make weight! You will know if you pass everything before you leave, minus the drug test that gets sent out. You should already know about the drug test, the second you pee into that cup

Forum Member

What kind of medical records do they need? I haven't had health insurance since I was 18, and have no history of medical problems throughout my childhood. I had my tonsils removed when I was 7 but that's it. I wouldn't even know how to get my records for my general check ups from my younger years. As far as I know I'm healthy as a horse. Do they only need records if you have a history of a specific problem?

Forum Member

It states in your letter to bring records of any surgery,overnight hospital stays, etc ... you will fill out a form when you get there asking if youve had certain medical problems ... if you have had problems then they might want to see records but its really only major stuff theyre worried about ... I brought my cardiologist records for my heart murmur and it was good enough for them ... all the minor stuff Ive had over the years they didnt worry about

MembersZone Subscriber

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, I'm hearing that the start of the classes will be pushed back to mid to late July. Seems that the pencil pushers can't push their pencils fast enough. Hope it's bad info.

Forum Member

I just wish they had a definite date even if it is July ... not knowing sucks ... hope for the best

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuyPhilly View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, I'm hearing that the start of the classes will be pushed back to mid to late July. Seems that the pencil pushers can't push their pencils fast enough. Hope it's bad info.
    no offense but i hope you're wrong. lol

Thread Information