Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

  1. #2076
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    hey guys im currently ranked in the mid 500's and i got my fingers crossed to get into the class in the winter if they do one. What is the weight requirement, is there a chart they go off of or is it done by body mass index? Also what is the physical requirements , how many pushups situps and running ect, I just want to have all my bases covered by wintertime. So if someone can please post all the requirements for me or tell me somewhere for me to find it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks matt

  2. #2077
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski1097 View Post
    hey guys im currently ranked in the mid 500's and i got my fingers crossed to get into the class in the winter if they do one. What is the weight requirement, is there a chart they go off of or is it done by body mass index? Also what is the physical requirements , how many pushups situps and running ect, I just want to have all my bases covered by wintertime. So if someone can please post all the requirements for me or tell me somewhere for me to find it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks matt
    I heard they're doing another class off of this list. They have a weight chart your bmi plus 20% is acceptable anything over that u won't pass the physical.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

  3. #2078
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    matt,

    They send a chart with you letter for orientation, and also give you a copy at orientation. if you post youre height, I;m sure one of us will post the limits. as far as PT, according to the sheet, you need to be able to complete a 1 mile run with out stopping, and as many pushups and situps you can do in 2 minutes.

  4. #2079
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I hope everyone got their ICS/NIMS stuff done. if not, nows the perfect time!

  5. #2080
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PFD188Hopeful View Post
    I hope everyone got their ICS/NIMS stuff done. if not, nows the perfect time!
    Did it last yr.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

  6. #2081
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Aw ***** I forgot about the ics training

  7. #2082
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFRN View Post
    Aw ***** I forgot about the ics training
    4 courses, its long and boring. Thankfully i was able to do it while working overnights, so i got paid for it.

  8. #2083
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    my height is 6'0 ft what dose the chart say for me, and anything else i should know or do, everything that you guys posted is greatly appreciated and thanks to all.. matt

    As of right now i got as requirements:
    1 mile run without stopping
    2 minutes worth of pushups straight
    2 minutes worth of situps straight
    Last edited by Pawlowski1097; 05-29-2013 at 09:19 AM.

  9. #2084
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski1097 View Post
    my height is 6'0 ft what dose the chart say for me, and anything else i should know or do, everything that you guys posted is greatly appreciated and thanks to all.. matt

    As of right now i got as requirements:
    1 mile run without stopping
    2 minutes worth of pushups straight
    2 minutes worth of situps straight
    No more than 226 pounds...

  10. #2085
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Has anyone who recently interviewd had to wait for there medical letter in the mail or you schedule it right on the spot?

  11. #2086
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    7777777777777777
    Last edited by eroman476; 08-21-2013 at 01:03 PM.

  12. #2087
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    thanks sean99900 , any place i can find that list ?

  13. #2088
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski1097 View Post
    thanks sean99900 , any place i can find that list ?
    It was on Philadelphia Fire Fighters' and Paramedics' Union Facebook page when it first came out.

  14. #2089
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski1097 View Post
    thanks sean99900 , any place i can find that list ?
    Your talking about the weight chart ??

  15. #2090
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    For any one who got fitted alredy or last go round: how long does it take?

  16. #2091
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PFD188Hopeful View Post
    For any one who got fitted alredy or last go round: how long does it take?
    About 20 mins.. Fill a sheet out w/ PT gear sizes. Try on gloves, pants, coat and boots..

    The guy there was good about eye balking sizes..

    I was the only 1 there.. If there's a group you might wait a min..

  17. #2092
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    The medical process take forever !! 7 plus hours to get a physical !! If u have to take a physical get there early.

  18. #2093
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Who's ready for tomorrow??

  19. #2094
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Bright and early day for me ... I can't wait for a letter to report already!

  20. #2095
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Heard today july 22 is the date there looking to start.

  21. #2096
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I heard sometime in July as well

  22. #2097
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    228

    Default

    July 15 and 19. A & D platoons.

  23. #2098
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Hope they stick to June 25. Keeping my fingers crossed. Lol.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

  24. #2099
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    About 20 mins.. Fill a sheet out w/ PT gear sizes. Try on gloves, pants, coat and boots..

    The guy there was good about eye balking sizes..

    I was the only 1 there.. If there's a group you might wait a min..
    man, you werent kidding. I was in and out in liek 10 minutes. The only question they asked was waist and boot size. he eyeballed the coat and nailed it. I spent more time waiting in teh parking area because i was early.

  25. #2100
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    Hope they stick to June 25. Keeping my fingers crossed. Lol.
    so do i...but I think BigPhillyGuy and Fixxer are unfortunately right. look for a bright side, 6 extra weeks to get better at PT.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 12-11-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 08:23 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 11-30-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 10:49 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 11-23-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 09:04 AM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 11-17-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 11-12-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register