Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    They should already know everything idky it's taking so long had are CDQ & state background checks months ago now.
    I was underthe impressoin from my HR interview that they had already looked at our backgrounds. the lady told me she wished they were all as clean and easyu as mine. and i know she wasn't talking about my handwriting, becayuse it sucks

Forum Member

@ the interview they looked to see if u owe $

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFD188Hopeful View Post
    I was underthe impressoin from my HR interview that they had already looked at our backgrounds. the lady told me she wished they were all as clean and easyu as mine. and i know she wasn't talking about my handwriting, becayuse it sucks
    Lol... I kind of figured that they probably already knows who's in & who's out with backgrounds all this time.

Forum Member

So does my spell checking, apparently

Forum Member

All they did wAs check real estate taxes I think. They still have to check Peco, Gas, and tickets, etc.

I hope we all make it. We have waited so long. It would be great to work together and become brothers in the long run.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Default Anything?

Anyone heard anything lately? Going crazy over here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getmeouttahere View Post
    Anyone heard anything lately? Going crazy over here.
    You're not the only one. I guess they will let us know something soon I hope.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    You're not the only one. I guess they will let us know something soon I hope.
    I hope so too. if the July dates of the 15th adn 19th are true, theres only 3 weeks until the start. not like they havent given people less notice in the past of course.

Forum Member

I hope so too. if the July dates of the 15th adn 19th are true, theres only 3 weeks until the start. not like they havent given people less notice in the past of course.
    Time is flying. I'm ready to start right now super excited ! Can't wait to start !

Forum Member

Can anyone on the job or with connections confirm if any instructors have in fact been notified/scheduled for those July 15/19 dates? Is anyone still waiting on a medical or a gear fitting?

Forum Member

Call HR ... They might reveal some information

Forum Member

Spoke to hr today. They are still waiting on medicals and are hoping to start end of july.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krb5 View Post
    Spoke to hr today. They are still waiting on medicals and are hoping to start end of july.
    For some reason I think HR is hoodwinking us about a start date now. They probably will tell us last minute when the class start...
    FFRN and PFD188Hopeful like this.

Forum Member

I don't expect to hear anything until after the 4th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sean99900 View Post
    for some reason i think hr is hoodwinking us about a start date now. They probably will tell us last minute when the class start...

they probably know the date just not telling us !
    Just think they should let people know who's in & who's out asap so they can continue on about their lives... Just dont think this process is fair. Ijs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE215 View Post
    they probably know the date just not telling us !
    Just think they should let people know who's in & who's out asap so they can continue on about their lives... Just dont think this process is fair. Ijs
    Fair is a matter of perspective. hr probably has rules about what it can talk about and tell candidtates. also, the city is what it is, and has always been this way. i;m sure some guys on the job for years will tell you similar storys about their hiring process. it was probably worse when the decree was in place

think about this. if you have 6 candidates a-f, and space for only 4, and information comes back on a, c, e, and f do you tell them there in, and then b and d come back and they could have made it because they were ranked higher. what do you do then?

all that said...keep working out, get your NIMS/ICS done, and stay positive. i know I;m trying

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01921 View Post
    Can anyone on the job or with connections confirm if any instructors have in fact been notified/scheduled for those July 15/19 dates?
    Start dates will not be July 15/19. End of July is also unlikely. At this point Aug 12/16 is the new hopeful starting week. Several factors at play that you are all unaware of. Just keep exercising, stay out of trouble, and don't obsess about it... It will come and it's worth the wait...

Forum Member

Fixxer, thanks for the information. Do you have any insight on how long the academy will be? At the orientation they said they weren't sure of the length due to changes in the curriculum, any idea of length? Maybe that's one of the things holding it up? I think the last class was 19 weeks long or so.

Forum Member

They have the money for the class & they're trying to cut back on overtime, plus a lot of retirements not to mention they're short of staff. (This is a head scratcher.) lol
    I think the class will be soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01921 View Post
    Fixxer, thanks for the information. Do you have any insight on how long the academy will be? At the orientation they said they weren't sure of the length due to changes in the curriculum, any idea of length? Maybe that's one of the things holding it up? I think the last class was 19 weeks long or so.
    As of now, 20 tours (8 days/tour, which is about 23 weeks). Possibly 21 tours if it gets approved. Last several classes have been 18 tours. That is not holding it up. Several other city departments have had classes go in, causing delays with the medical portion. Additionally, certain portions of the background checks can not be completed until you pass the medical, which obviously causes even more delays.

Forum Member

I was under the impression that the background checks were completed before the medical exams, I thought HR had to sign off before that was even scheduled. What parts of the background checks come after you pass the medical, why do they have to wait for a passed medical to perform those portions?

Forum Member

I do not know the exact portions. I was told that some portions can not be completed until the medical is passed. I was led to believe that this is because of your hiring status. You have a "conditional" offer of employment pending the medical evaluation. Once the medical is passed, your status is no longer "conditional," whether you know it or not. That then allows them to follow through with those other portions. I think it has mostly to do with financial issues (ie. back taxes, liens, unpaid bills, etc).

Forum Member

I know the issue at hand is the July/August class,
    but does anyone know if they're planning on hiring another class off this list? Also, does anyone know how long the list remains active? I know it's 2 years but is that 2 years from when we got our numbers or 2 years from when the first class went in?

Forum Member

Did any one physical get cancel yet ??
    In a few weeks we should have an offical date... the wait is killing me

Forum Member

I've been hearing August now also. I'm dying to start also.

I met some recruits who still haven't decided if they really want this. Can you believe that?

I am in good shape, but would love a date to work out to. I run all the time, but this doesn't feel real yet.

I know I passed my physical, but the urine test is taking a long time. I'm not worried about it as I don't even take Flinstone vitamins, but I want to be cleared and put into the next class. Any idea how far Down the list they are now? I met someone who was about #450!

Thread Information