Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Can anyone give insight into the requirements for promotion from Ff to LT? Time in service, college, etc?

Any word on letters?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    The only requirement is that you've been on the job for 4 years. Anyone meeting that requirement can sit for the promotional test. Where the additional stuff comes in is the oral interview. Education and experience help a lot there. Knowing the directives and SOGs like the back of your hand ect.

Also, I think ties are broken by seniority....
    Thanks fuss.. Merry Christmas to you and your fam.

Forum Member

Hey, another quick question..Does PFD have some sort of recall protocol? as in, in the event of a major incident do they call back people to back fill stations/apparatus? or is there like a detail for that? like, this battalion is subject to recall for this period of time.

Forum Member

Gotcha..... Thnx again.

Forum Member

Name:  571.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  42.3 KB

Take it with a grain of salt I guess!

Forum Member

Heard there will be no classes until after the fiscal year, so we are looking at July for the earliest possible 188 class

Forum Member

Honestly, it's best if we start taking all our eggs out of this basket. The fact that this class was "supposed" to start it feb, march,may,June, now July leads me to believe that they won't put another class through. In all honesty, the city can't even agree on a contract....what makes anyone think they will find the money to put in another 1-2 classes. ESP now with someone posting the hiring advertisement which also leads me to believe they won't be hiring off this list again.

I'm over it, all of you need to get your mind right and get into the mindset of if it happens great, if not.. Great. Go to school, keep working out and keep testing elsewhere.

I hope everyone's Christmas went well. And happy new year.

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Honestly, it's best if we start taking all our eggs out of this basket. The fact that this class was "supposed" to start it feb, march,may,June, now July leads me to believe that they won't put another class through. In all honesty, the city can't even agree on a contract....what makes anyone think they will find the money to put in another 1-2 classes. ESP now with someone posting the hiring advertisement which also leads me to believe they won't be hiring off this list again.

I'm over it, all of you need to get your mind right and get into the mindset of if it happens great, if not.. Great. Go to school, keep working out and keep testing elsewhere.

I hope everyone's Christmas went well. And happy new year.
    Thanks big griff but no one knows anything just like last time! Are you in the hiring process this time? There are going to be rumors just like last time. All anyone who is back in the hiring process can do is wait for a letter whether its now or later.

Also the hiring advertisement is for the next test which if this list is good for 2 years this November it would be time for a new test. 2011 was the test you took for this list so that explains that.
    Sean99900 likes this.

Forum Member

I think the city will hire the next 2 classes off of this list (the people they interviewed already)
    Wifey2Bigfire likes this.

Forum Member

That would be nice..and would make the most sense.

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    I think the city will hire the next 2 classes off of this list (the people they interviewed already)
    I think so too! I don't think they would change everyone's hiring status if they didn't plan on a class soon! Cause last time they changed it right after the classes were filled and a month before letters went out so its coming just hate the waiting! It's worse then before cause you know it's coming but unknown when exactly! Especially when you have a family to worry about!

Big griff are you back in the hiring process since you commented but never answered the question!?!?!

Forum Member

This waiting game is driving me crazy too the PFD could of gave us an estimate on hiring date. My application is in hiring process.

Banned

I would hope that they wouldn't spend all of the money on a new recruitment drive/test when they have qualified applicants in the pool. ****, most of us were certified for hire/fitted/etc and labeled as "alternates" Happy New Year everybody, i'll let you know when i hear something through the grapevine
    Wifey2Bigfire and Sean99900 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wifey2Bigfire View Post
    I think so too! I don't think they would change everyone's hiring status if they didn't plan on a class soon! Cause last time they changed it right after the classes were filled and a month before letters went out so its coming just hate the waiting! It's worse then before cause you know it's coming but unknown when exactly! Especially when you have a family to worry about!

Big griff are you back in the hiring process since you commented but never answered the question!?!?!
    I have no idea.. I HAvnt looked on the website since September..I'm gonna not worry about it until I get a letter.. No sense in going paranoid over it.

Temporarily Inactive

[QUOTE=BigGriffC12;1352142]I have no idea.. I HAvnt looked on the website since September..I'm gonna not worry about it until I get a letter.. No sense in going paranoid over it.[/QUOT
    Well then before you get all bent out of shape and start ranting on the city why don't You check your status you may not be in line after all! But until then stop posting like I said no one knows and unless you know for sure its all hear say so don't waste your time posting. Something tells me you aren't in the hiring process since You failed Your medical and your sour about it! Sorry Griff don't ruin things for other people!

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Wifey2Bigfire;1352184]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I have no idea.. I HAvnt looked on the website since September..I'm gonna not worry about it until I get a letter.. No sense in going paranoid over it.[/QUOT
    Well then before you get all bent out of shape and start ranting on the city why don't You check your status you may not be in line after all! But until then stop posting like I said no one knows and unless you know for sure its all hear say so don't waste your time posting. Something tells me you aren't in the hiring process since You failed Your medical and your sour about it! Sorry Griff don't ruin things for other people!
    I'm not ranting on the city..the fact of the matter is, is that the city will not accept the union's contract.

The fact that the "rumored" start date keeps getting pushed back further and further every time someone posts on here.

I could care less about passing or failing the medical.

All I am saying is that. The list is good for 2 years.. And there is a flyer out for the new test..you need to check yourself.

And how am I raining on someone else's parade by saying to not hold your breath? To go to school and keep training and testing elsewhere?

Temporarily Inactive

[QUOTE=BigGriffC12;1352201][QUOTE=Wifey2Bigfire;1352184]

I'm not ranting on the city..the fact of the matter is, is that the city will not accept the union's contract.

The fact that the "rumored" start date keeps getting pushed back further and further every time someone posts on here.

All I am saying is that. The list is good for 2 years.. And there is a flyer out for the new test..you need to check yourself.

And how am I raining on someone else's parade by saying to not hold your breath? To go to school and keep training and testing elsewhere?[/QUOTE

Check myself?? Maybe you should reread what I posted before. I know the list is good for 2 years it would be up for another test in November that's What month u took it in And it was 2011 which means this would make it the 2nd year and another one will be given in November or by the end of 2013.
    If you didn't care about the medical why are you still writing like your still on the list?!? Move on and leave the rumors to be just rumors it doesn't apply to u anymore they will most likely hire again from the remainder of the guys still on this list its just a matter of When! Just don't keep playing off all these rumors when something happens we will let you know! Other then that you should call that number to get back registered for the next test and good luck to you!

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Wifey2Bigfire;1352211][QUOTE=BigGriffC12;1352201][QUOTE=Wifey2Bigfire;1352184]

And how am I raining on someone else's parade by saying to not hold your breath? To go to school and keep training and testing elsewhere?[/QUOTE

Check myself?? Maybe you should reread what I posted before. I know the list is good for 2 years it would be up for another test in November that's What month u took it in And it was 2011 which means this would make it the 2nd year and another one will be given in November or by the end of 2013.
    If you didn't care about the medical why are you still writing like your still on the list?!? Move on and leave the rumors to be just rumors it doesn't apply to u anymore they will most likely hire again from the remainder of the guys still on this list its just a matter of When! Just don't keep playing off all these rumors when something happens we will let you know! Other then that you should call that number to get back registered for the next test and good luck to you![/

Ok lady I'm not going to argue with you. Best of luck to your husband. Happy new year.

Temporarily Inactive

[QUOTE=BigGriffC12;1352215][QUOTE=Wifey2Bigfire;1352211][QUOTE=BigGriffC12;1352201]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wifey2Bigfire View Post

If you didn't care about the medical why are you still writing like your still on the list?!? Move on and leave the rumors to be just rumors it doesn't apply to u anymore they will most likely hire again from the remainder of the guys still on this list its just a matter of When! Just don't keep playing off all these rumors when something happens we will let you know! Other then that you should call that number to get back registered for the next test and good luck to you![/

Ok lady I'm not going to argue with you. Best of luck to your husband. Happy new year.
    No need to argue Griff Same to you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    I don't remember when the "official" list was established, nor do I care to try and find it by reading through the forum....

That's when the list expires though. Not from the date of the last test, but from the date the list was made official.

just FYI
    The list was released the 3rd week of March 2012. So technically it's been out for 9 months

Thread Information