Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

Hey Fixxer, I dropped over 75 pounds to make weight. I want this bad!! I now run a 6:30 mile and did the Broad Street Run. Can't wait!!
    AMT-FF and PFD188Hopeful like this.

Forum Member

We're driving ourselves crazy trying to figure out a start date... It's safe to say no one knows, but hr... Sometime next week or so we should have the exact date...

Forum Member

This real has been an emotional journey. You really have to have put your life on hold for this opportunity.

I am on the border being just under 378 on the list. Cross fingers for me. I know they interviews into the 450's.

Forum Member

Sorry for the iPhone typos. Ugh

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maplephilly View Post
    this real has been an emotional journey. You really have to have put your life on hold for this opportunity.

I am on the border being just under 378 on the list. Cross fingers for me. I know they interviews into the 450's.
    very true... U should be good to get hired...

Banned

For what it's worth....August 12th/16th

Forum Member

How far in advance will the letters come out? Do some people drop out the first days?

Banned

A bunch of people dropped the first day in sept due to it "not being for them". Crazy to think you would go through the whole thing just to take a spot from someone else

Forum Member

Thanks Norf!

Forum Member

They may fill in the spots of people who drop in the first tour with replacements. If you're close to the top but don't get a letter just be on standby for the first few days. When they call you to be a replacement they expect you to be there that day.
    Dr. John McIntyre M.D.
    Captain
    4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital

Forum Member

Any sense of what percentage don't pass the physical? I'm trying to gage my chances as my number is just under 375

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maplephilly View Post
    Any sense of what percentage don't pass the physical? I'm trying to gage my chances as my number is just under 375
    By u getting a physical I think you're good. Last yr they cancel mines bc they had enough people. They invested in you so your chances look good plus a lot of people didn't show up.

Forum Member

Thanks Sean. Did you mean a lot of people didn't show up for the physical? I passed my physical, just waiting for the drug test which I'll pass as I don't even take vitamins.

I am dedicating July to crossfit to get in even better shape for the Academy. I want this bad.

Forum Member

Thanks Sean. Did you mean a lot of people didn't show up for the physical? I passed my physical, just waiting for the drug test which I'll pass as I don't even take vitamins.

I am dedicating July to crossfit to get in even better shape for the Academy. I want this bad.
    Orientation we had about 4 tables that were empty that's why they went up to 450 or so on.

Forum Member

Hey Fixxer, I dropped over 75 pounds to make weight. I want this bad!! I now run a 6:30 mile and did the Broad Street Run. Can't wait!!
    That is impressive. That is the type of motivation/dedication that we want, not the "this better than what I was doing" people.

FYI, HR doesn't know the start date either. It's a matter of when everything is finished being processed and where it aligns with the pay periods as well as aligning with A & D platoon first dayworks.

Forum Member

Thanks Fixxer!

Is It still the drug tests that are slowing things down? I imagine background checks are done by this point?

I do want this bad. The wait is killing me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
    The 2 year mark is from when the list is published. Your original list was published 3/7/12 and the supplemental (amended) list was published 3/22/12. Either way, it is highly unlikely that there will be another class from this list.
    Fixxer, that was changed. The clock no longer starts ticking when a list is published, but rather when someone is interviewed for hiring.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Awesome work! I also dropped about 80lbs. my mile time is only about 8 muinites tho

Forum Member

From what I hear, you and I are ahead of the curve. Some people comes in as haven't done a thing to prepare.

Congrats on the weight loss. I ran 5.5 miles this morning and really want to enter the academy in the best the shape possible.

I wonder if some people won't make weight? Sadly, every person h

Forum Member

Who drops off makes the odds of myself making the cut better with my ranking. Anyone have an idea of how far down the list they'll end up?

Forum Member

Check your status on the city website !!!!! Mines say : Conditionaly Selected.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean99900 View Post
    Check your status on the city website !!!!! Mines say : Conditionaly Selected.
    Me too!

don't want to jincx anything, but could it be because we've gone as far as we can and waiting for the classs to be picked?

don't want to get my hopes up only to have them broken. just keeping it real until the letter is in my hands is all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFD188Hopeful View Post
    Me too!

don't want to jincx anything, but could it be because we've gone as far as we can and waiting for the classs to be picked?

don't want to get my hopes up only to have them broken. just keeping it real until the letter is in my hands is all.
    I guess we passed the physical & everything else. Just waiting on a start date.

Forum Member

Im around the 340's mark and still in "hiring process" anyone else around there the same?

Forum Member

Last time in August my status said in hiring process then right before the class went on it went back to eligible for hire. So my guess is if it has condiotionaly selected then you move on to the next step and if it has eligible for hire then they did not reach your rank.

Thread Information