Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

MembersZone Subscriber

Review of Civil Service Regulations. Hope that this clears things up for some.

10.02 - EFFECTIVE DATE OF ELIGIBLE LIST.

10.021 - PUBLISHED LIST OF CANDIDATES. A list signed and approved by the Director or his/her designee containing the scores, rank and status of all candidates eligible to compete in an examination. The Published List of Candidates will be used to notify candidates of their score, rank and status. The Published List of Candidates may not be used for certification and appointment until it has been established by the Director or his/her designee. The time limit for review of examination results as defined in Regulations 9.09 and 9.11 shall begin on the date that the Published List of Candidates is approved by the Director or his/her designee.

10.022 - ESTABLISHED ELIGIBLE LIST. A Published List of Candidates will be considered an Established Eligible List on the date that the list is signed and approved as ready for certification by the Director or his/her designee. Eligible candidates may be certified and appointed at any time after the list has been established until the list expires or is exhausted or cancelled. The Director may publish a List of Candidates and establish an eligible list at separate times or simultaneously as deemed necessary or desirable to meet the needs of the service. The duration of the eligible list will be determined by the date that the list is signed and designated as an Established Eligible List.

10.07 - DURATION AND REPLACEMENT OF LISTS.

10.071 - NON-CONTINUOUS AND PERIODIC LISTS. Eligible lists established as the result of non-continuous or periodic examinations shall continue in force for at least one year from the date that the list is signed and designated as an Established Eligible List until exhausted or replaced but in no case longer than two years. When a more recent list has been established for a class, the Director may determine that a previous non-continuous or periodic list for that class, which is more than one year old, shall be canceled and replaced by the more recently established list, or consolidated in accordance with Regulation 10.08 if it has been determined that the selection process used to create both eligible lists is equivalent in content and level of difficulty.

Banned

A friend of mine on the job was at the academy this week, and tried to find out some updated info for me. He said he spoke to multiple instructors who stated that the next academy date should be in the "spring time" but nobody had any concrete answers. One instructor he spoke to said that the spring time would be too early.

Just a lil update for everyone
    Wifey2Bigfire likes this.

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 02-15-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Forum Member

That sounds pretty consistent with what I've heard at the academy! From what's been said the bunker gear for the 188 is already at the warehouse of the manufacturer. So it's just a matter of when the class will start.. So guys and gals just sit tight keep your self mentally and physically strong-cause when your number is called -it's on from there... Stay safe.

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Big wil View Post
    That sounds pretty consistent with what I've heard at the academy! From what's been said the bunker gear for the 188 is already at the warehouse of the manufacturer. So it's just a matter of when the class will start.. So guys and gals just sit tight keep your self mentally and physically strong-cause when your number is called -it's on from there... Stay safe.

How is the gear there? Just stocked in case? Cause I didn't think 80 guys got left from the last class sorry not doubting you just asking
    But other then that question great news!! This wait is worse then the first time lol
    Last edited by Wifey2Bigfire; 01-04-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Forum Member

I wish they hurry up !!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  77.0 KB

Forum Member

Guys I'm telling you what is being stated by instructors in my class. And it was stated that bunker gear has already been ordered for 188 as standby. But as far as another class they are pretty sure that this class will go through-just not sure when.. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Guys I'm telling you what is being stated by instructors in my class. And it was stated that bunker gear has already been ordered for 188 as standby. But as far as another class they are pretty sure that this class will go through-just not sure when.. Stay safe.
    I wonder if this is the gear for those of us that were fitted already???

Big Wil- take a word of advice....You need to GTF off here like right fooking now. Delete your profile/account and dont come back until you pass your one year probation. If the FA staff finds out you have been on here, especially that loudmouth with the cueball for a head (Lieut. P) you'll be on the outside of the gates looking in.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Is everyone's status still the same on the gov website? I'm just trying to make sure we are all in the same boat and keep track of any changes, if any. Thanks.

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by the shadow View Post
    Is everyone's status still the same on the gov website? I'm just trying to make sure we are all in the same boat and keep track of any changes, if any. Thanks.
    No change here with my hubbys status it's still in hiring process! Wish we knew more ugh
    the shadow likes this.

Forum Member

Yeah I hear ya on that lol! I'm just trying to keep track of all of us. If we all get into the next class together, then I would be up for getting everyone's email and keeping in touch. It would be cool to even meet before the actual class starts to put a face to some of the names here.
    Last edited by the shadow; 01-31-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    Wifey2Bigfire likes this.

Forum Member

Still in hiring process here too.
    the shadow and Wifey2Bigfire like this.

Forum Member

Can't wait until the city start the next class. Anybody hear anything ??
    the shadow likes this.

Forum Member

Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone is interested in supporting the current PFD, there is a petition going around to have their award implemented

Here it is

Banned

For anyone looking to get hired I would stay far away from putting your name on that petition
    FWDbuff and Wifey2Bigfire like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    For anyone looking to get hired I would stay far away from putting your name on that petition
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Forum Member

I noticed on the PFD website it says that they will be accepting applications in 2013. Does anybody know when or if indeed this is going to be happening. I'm moving back to the area this year and I would like to try out. Also does anyone have any idea how long this process takes?
    Last edited by jrm973; 01-21-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling,

Forum Member

I'm not expecting another test anytime soon just curious if they are just starting the application process in 2013.
    Last edited by jrm973; 01-21-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Forum Member

Does anyone know how far down the list they have gone so far? I scored a 100 on the test but was ranked in the 900's. Do you think they will dig off the list for more people or just higher the ones that went through orientation and such and then re test?

Thread Information