Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2663
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AMT-FF View Post
    What is expected during this whole interview / orientation. Is it a meet and greet, or more one on one. Also, what comes after. If anyone alrdy posted this if you can direct me. Thanks!!
    The orientation is anywhere from 100-120 candidates per night in the auditorium of the fire academy. PFD staff will collect everything from you once you enter the auditorium that is packaged with your letter.

DO NOT BE LATE

They will show a powerpoint presentation that breaks down the entire academy as to what is expected of you. They will talk salary, leave, insurance, etc, and give you time in between breaks to ask staff members questions. They will detail the process and explain the steps that may lead to your gear fitting.

I made it through the whole process last time, here we go again.....

Oh and one other thing.....

DO NOT BE LATE (you can be, it just opens the door for someone further down the list when they kick you out)
    Nine3Probie and phillyphill like this.

Forum Member

Thanks!! Good luck my dates the 25th

Forum Member

Anyone know what numbers they started at and stopped for letters?

Forum Member

Got my letter, low-ish 200's.
    Hey Philly guys, do new employees have the option of enrolling in Pension Plan A or do they have to enroll in Pension Plan 10? It seems like Pension Plan A is a much better option.

Forum Member

With the exception of a few, everyone going to the orientations should have the same score (100). Does anyone know anything about residency preference being factored in? Are city residents with identical scores going to be hired before non-residents? I realize that the rankings were based off of a random number to begin with but it seems that residency has not been factored into the process. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    With the exception of a few, everyone going to the orientations should have the same score (100). Does anyone know anything about residency preference being factored in? Are city residents with identical scores going to be hired before non-residents? I realize that the rankings were based off of a random number to begin with but it seems that residency has not been factored into the process. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

When the list originally came out everyone was given a number (March 12'), and the list was updated shortly thereafter to update ranks based on residency. I moved up about 20 spots because I was tied with multiple people with the same score, but was moved to the top of that score because of residency. I was moved to the top of that score, but then shuffled down because of my last name. The list is pretty much finalized now for the next classes because the veterans have already been hired, etc.

Forum Member

amt ff how are you mid 200's and live out of the city. Unless you scored above 100 you should be well in the 800's or lower!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old 98 View Post
    amt ff how are you mid 200's and live out of the city. Unless you scored above 100 you should be well in the 800's or lower!
    You probably just answered your own question. He probably scored over a 100. Several of us on here did.

Hook & Can

Got my letter on Monday for the 25th. Low 200s after EMT points were added...if anyone was keeping track.

**EDIT: I should also mention that a co-worker also received their letter for the 25th, and were in the low-mid 100s with EMT/Fire points added (non-Vet).
    Last edited by Nine3Probie; 02-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    When the list originally came out everyone was given a number (March 12'), and the list was updated shortly thereafter to update ranks based on residency. I moved up about 20 spots because I was tied with multiple people with the same score, but was moved to the top of that score because of residency. I was moved to the top of that score, but then shuffled down because of my last name. The list is pretty much finalized now for the next classes because the veterans have already been hired, etc.
    I thought that the update was done because of an issue with the random numbers. I am a city resident and was dropped from around 400 into the 420s. I don't think residency had anything to do with the change because if anything I would have moved up the list. Is there anyone out there ranked lower than 400 with a score of 100 who is not a city resident? That would answer the question.

Forum Member

Craig, i think your right about the random number thing. I seem to remember that being the case. Also I remember regular non-residents being below 800. Did you get a letter this time around?

Temporarily Inactive

My husband is in the 200's non resident but had ff1 points

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedown View Post
    Craig, i think your right about the random number thing. I seem to remember that being the case. Also I remember regular non-residents being below 800. Did you get a letter this time around?
    Yes, I have orientation the 28th.

Forum Member

Congrats dude. Thats awesome.

Banned

One week to go.....
    Nine3Probie likes this.

Hook & Can

Anything to be read into the date for orientation...such as where you are on the list...or is it completely random?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nine3Probie View Post
    Anything to be read into the date for orientation...such as where you are on the list...or is it completely random?
    Last orientation the first two nights where all the veterans and the last night was everyone else

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phils fan 88 View Post
    Last orientation the first two nights where all the veterans and the last night was everyone else
    Yeah it sounds like the higher ranked people go first, followed by everyone else. I think orientation was 3 nights last time, there may be 4 nights this go around

Hook & Can

Quote Originally Posted by NorfPhilly View Post
    Yeah it sounds like the higher ranked people go first, followed by everyone else. I think orientation was 3 nights last time, there may be 4 nights this go around
    That would make sense...but with this city, you can't count on that to happen.

Forum Member

You'll see this slideshow (or a newer version of it) at orientation

http://www.phila.gov/FIRE/pdfs/fire_acad_orient.pdf
    Nine3Probie likes this.

Thread Information