Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Philadelphia 2011

Forum Member

2 queations:

Is it running in formation or wvery man for himself?

Any idea what well need in terms of gym bag/book bag, notebooks, etc?

Forum Member

Remember guys, once you get your notices that you made it, you wipe your fh.com identity from here and never appear on here again until AFTER your probation has ended. And even then never, ever identify yourself, your department, company, any co-workers, etc. And never post pictures of your company, location etc. when you are on board with the PFD.

And this includes FB, too. Get off until AFTER your probation.

GOOD LUCK.
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFD188Hopeful View Post
    2 queations:

Is it running in formation or wvery man for himself?

Any idea what well need in terms of gym bag/book bag, notebooks, etc?
    Good questions, I have a duffle bag & book bag to carry my workout gear & books & etc. I heard the jogging was in formation.

Forum Member

A little more than 2 weeks to it start !!! Are u ready ! ????
    3 miles that's not bad...

Forum Member

Last edited by deadbear271; 08-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Remember guys, once you get your notices that you made it, you wipe your fh.com identity from here and never appear on here again until AFTER your probation has ended. And even then never, ever identify yourself, your department, company, any co-workers, etc. And never post pictures of your company, location etc. when you are on board with the PFD.

And this includes FB, too. Get off until AFTER your probation.

GOOD LUCK.
    Thanks! I will disappear on here right away when letters come. I know to stay quiet and will obey the social media policy for sure.

Thanks for looking out. I know you warning comes from a good place.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    I don't see it happening by the 12th... theyre still waiting on meds from what I heard
    Last time medicals where done a week before the start date. It has been a month since the last medical so I hope it is still the 12th if not then it will be the 20th

Forum Member

Medicals are done from what I heard. Ok ow mine is done as I had to visit the health office and the doctor confirmed this.

The 12th seems like a real time. I just hope the letters for both classes go out the same day!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope next week we get the letters. I live near Harrisburg and cannot commute everyday. When I get the letter (crossing fingers), I will have to quit my current job, and find an apartment in less than a week. Very stressful.

Forum Member

Medicals should be done all this time ! That gotta be bad info !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    i don't see it happening by the 12th... Theyre still waiting on meds from what i heard
    noooo !! I hope they don't push it back.. I heard meds are done.. I was hoping to get a letter tomorrow...

Forum Member

It's not pushed back. Letters should come next week. We have been hearing that the final list should be done by Monday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maplephilly View Post
    it's not pushed back. Letters should come next week. We have been hearing that the final list should be done by monday.
    i think the list should be done by now... They know who in / who out now..

Forum Member

Don't get psyched out, sometimes the city doesn't know anything until it is happening right then. There is a good chance they don't have everything they need today, but will in time to send letters monday.
    Dr. John McIntyre M.D.
    Captain
    4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital

Forum Member

I was told the checks on debt to the city was the last thing being done. For the first time in a while they have keep the start dates firm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by splakiotis View Post
    I hope next week we get the letters. I live near Harrisburg and cannot commute everyday. When I get the letter (crossing fingers), I will have to quit my current job, and find an apartment in less than a week. Very stressful.
    If you need help private message me.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

So Conditionally Selected (Cert) means you were hired ?? Just waiting on a start date ??

Forum Member

Just curious, I am taking the civil service test in November. Obviously a number of you guys have already been through the process. I am wondering what rank you guys got on the Civil service exam (If you don't mind sharing) what your test score was, and if you lives out of state.

I have reciprocity in PA with my EMT, so I can get a maximum of 103 on the test. However, I live right across the bridge in NJ (I can see the Philly skyline from my house). I'm curious as to if I even stand a chance at getting hired because I live out of state.

Forum Member

Trust me when I tell you that it doesn't really matter where you're from to get hired. However, with the new test and huge number of applicants, I wouldn't plan on getting less than your max of 103 if you want a chance on getting hired. It pretty much seems that the extra points are needed along with a 100 on the test to stand a chance.

Forum Member

Last edited by eroman476; 08-18-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Forum Member

If it breaks down the same way as 2011, you should be good with a 103. But it's not as simple as getting everything "right" on the test. It was pretty much a giant personality test with a pass/fail section that you can study for, so in my opinion it's a bit of a crapshoot. There was some weird stuff with the first class too, where it seemed like they called all vets with no particular regard for who scored higher than them on the test, and then went back to the list for the second class.

I got 100, and have not even come close to a letter at this point. I'm praying they put one more class in off this list, but who knows. If a class goes in in August, they could process a new group in the late fall/early winter and put them in about the same time scores start coming back from the 2013 test. If they do they'll probably get somewhere between 800-1000 on the list, if not I think they're around 500 now.

Forum Member

No letter for me today...

Forum Member

Don't worry Mike, letters won't come until next week.

I've heard they interviewed up to about 450 off the list so far. Anyone have an educated guess as to how far down the list they'll end up with these two classes.

Forum Member

Just off the phone with HR i was told letters will not be out next week but the week after and they also told me i was approved what ever that may mean im not sure hopefully means i am in but my application still says in hiring process

Forum Member

When I called hr today to try to confirm the start date the women whom I spoke with did not know and said the people who do know are not in today

Thread Information