Forum Member

Default Oxnard Fire Department

Anybody know what's up with Oxnard? I got a FireCareers.com email saying that they were open / opening, but CalOpps isn't working very well and their website doesn't say much.

Here's what FireCareers.com says:

Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Valid California Class “C” driver’s license; Valid California Fire Fighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT); California applicants must have a valid California EMT certificate; Out-of-state applicants: a current NREMT certificate must be valid through date of hire and will be required to obtain a California EMT certificate.

And then they list the filing DEADLINE as August 12th, but then on CalOpps, they say that the agency does not accept online apps. Huh??

Forum Member

I dont mean to sound rude but alot of people pay for services like firecareers and would like to actually get their moneys worth by not having everyone know about the opportunity on a major free board. calopps.org does show it up, i got an email from them early this morning about it. If you dont mind, i would hold off on posting or actually delete this post for those of us who do pay for services so we can have a better chance of competing.

Thank You

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason6368 View Post
    I dont mean to sound rude but alot of people pay for services like firecareers and would like to actually get their moneys worth by not having everyone know about the opportunity on a major free board. calopps.org does show it up, i got an email from them early this morning about it. If you dont mind, i would hold off on posting or actually delete this post for those of us who do pay for services so we can have a better chance of competing.

Thank You
    LOL Thanks for the heads up about the job posting.

Forum Member

Thank You
    Sorry, I didn't realize that I was committing a major faux pas. I was just trying to get some more information while also being generous with some information that I, too, paid for.

Maybe you can help me out, since I don't know how to delete posts.

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank You
    If its public notice they are hiring I don't think it really matters if he post it here or not people are gonna find out whether they pay for the site or not. In my experience I pay for a site with job postings as well and more times than not I see the same exact posting on many other free sites just saying. To the original poster I would contact the department you are want to apply to and ask them directly that will give you your best answer to any questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktcan View Post
    Anybody know what's up with Oxnard? I got a FireCareers.com email saying that they were open / opening, but CalOpps isn't working very well and their website doesn't say much.

Here's what FireCareers.com says:

Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Valid California Class “C” driver’s license; Valid California Fire Fighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT); California applicants must have a valid California EMT certificate; Out-of-state applicants: a current NREMT certificate must be valid through date of hire and will be required to obtain a California EMT certificate.

And then they list the filing DEADLINE as August 12th, but then on CalOpps, they say that the agency does not accept online apps. Huh??
    Food for thought. The city website allows you to print out an application and gives you an address to mail it in. Kind of old school I know, but you can wait for Aug 12 to come and wait for calopps.

Forum Member

Hey all, I sent an email to the City of Oxnard for more clarification about the job opening and received a prompt response stating:

'We are only accepting applications IN PERSON on August 12, 2011 from 8 am until 4 pm.'

Also, in response to Jason6368. Helping others is one of the main responsibilities in the Fire Service. Always go out of the way to help others and someday you will need help and someone will go out of their way to help you. I have been on both sides of this saying now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerdef View Post
    Hey all, I sent an email to the City of Oxnard for more clarification about the job opening and received a prompt response stating:

'We are only accepting applications IN PERSON on August 12, 2011 from 8 am until 4 pm.'

Also, in response to Jason6368. Helping others is one of the main responsibilities in the Fire Service. Always go out of the way to help others and someday you will need help and someone will go out of their way to help you. I have been on both sides of this saying now.
    Do you know if they said if they were only accepting a certain amount or just between those hours?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KBuilt View Post
    Do you know if they said if they were only accepting a certain amount or just between those hours?
    It sounds like they will take as many all the apps during those hours IN PERSON. Good luck.

Forum Member

I just got an interview scheduled for next week with Oxnard! I'm excited for this opportunity. Anyone else get anything?

Thread Information