Thread: FedFire Hawaii

Forum Member

Default FedFire Hawaii

Does anyone have a POC for Fed Fire Hawaii or maybe know if or when they will be looking to pick anyone up?

Forum Member

If you are willing to be a GS3 and go through an academy (regardless of certs or experience) then send me a PM. Understand, that during your academy you'll be on a 40 hour work week at GS3 pay. Meaning it's even less than a typical GS3! IF things pan out right and you have your EMT-P you may, in the future, get a GS4 to start. Theres more to come on that Im sure youve seen the web site @ FFD263.com. If our union stays the course... entry grades could change but thats just this guys opinion. Good luck and again, send me a PM should you need more info.

Forum Member

Hey JustMe1976, you PM is disabled so I cant send you any messages. I need more info from you regarding this. Thanks!

BTW, so you guys dont take any lateral transfers?
    Last edited by supafly808; 07-24-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: unfinished message

Forum Member

turned 'em on.... try now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe1976 View Post
    If you are willing to be a GS3 and go through an academy (regardless of certs or experience) then send me a PM. Understand, that during your academy you'll be on a 40 hour work week at GS3 pay. Meaning it's even less than a typical GS3! IF things pan out right and you have your EMT-P you may, in the future, get a GS4 to start. Theres more to come on that Im sure youve seen the web site @ FFD263.com. If our union stays the course... entry grades could change but thats just this guys opinion. Good luck and again, send me a PM should you need more info.
    FFD Lateral Transfer should be able to get around that requirement for starting as a GS 3 and academy? Hickam/PH combined now, one department. Are the Marine base and Wheeler the same too? Showfield Bks still on its own too? FFD on the big island still seperate under the Army though.

Forum Member

The answer to the lateral skipping the GS3 entry level is NO. The way FFD management has it , you start just like a rookie on any municapality, lateral or not. They won't even "promise" you steps and will tell you it is up to HR on the steps you recieve. Even if you do "step out"..... It's very difficult for anyone used to GS-7 pay (or even E-5 pay for that matter) to relocated to Oahu and start over. Again, remember it is a GS-3 on a 40 hour during the academy @ 0081 pay (even less $$). Believe me, there are plenty of arguments to the way this is set up... but we can leave that to the PM

All installations (MC, Army, AF, Navy) on Oahu are run by FFD including Hickam. Hickam is now Joint base Hickam/Pearl. The Big Island has Pohakuloa Training Area and is run by the Army, seperate from FFD although they share the same union.

Forum Member

The answer to the lateral skipping the GS3 entry level is NO. The way FFD management has it , you start just like a rookie on any municapality, lateral or not.
    How do these azzholes get away with this bullschit?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

FWDbuff: great question and one that isnt asked enough. Count how many vets are on FFD. Then count how many local boys (non vet) are. Makes you think....

Forum Member

FWDbuff: great question and one that isnt asked enough. Count how many vets are on FFD. Then count how many local boys (non vet) are. Makes you think....
    Never mind the vets, where in the hell is OPM during all this??

What if I were a GS7-4 Driver Operator with ALL IFSAC-Pro-Board Certs as required by OPM for an 0081 position and I was a Vet and wanted to come in????
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information