Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Grants/Scholarships for Medic School?

Hey does anyone know of any Grants or Scholarships that I could look into applying for to help pay for medic school. I've weighed all options and the financial aspect of going to medic school is going to be the main deciding factor as to whether I will be able to continue down this career path. if anyone knows of some ways to pay for medic school then I would greatly appreciate it...this is in regards to private schools such as ETS in Santa Cruz, CA. WestMed in San Jose, CA. EMSTA in San Diego, CA. I am looking to start school in January and am very eager to further my education and career. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Forum Member

look for an employeer that offers tution reembursement, especially check hospitals, ambulance services

write letters to twenty people you know and tell them what you are trying to achieve and see if they will donate to your cause???

Forum Member

If you have your NREMT-B, join the NAEMT. They offer VERY generous scholarships.

Forum Member

Look at programs at community colleges and talk to their financial aid department. It is more difficult to get aid for a private institution. Good Luck
    In Loving Memory of Paramedic Doug Odgers
    8.18.87-5.8.11
    RIP

Forum Member

Don't give up. I am starting EMT-B in two weeks and went from owing the full amount to receiving a scholarship from the city I am a firefighter in and the balance being covered by my volunteer department.

Josh

Forum Member

Fill out a FAFSA first. Check with the school you will be taking the courses at, and speak with someone in their financial aid department. Most community colleges and universities will have one scholarship application that covers numerous different scholarships. You will have MUCH better luck going that route vs finding private scholarships specifically for P school. Good luck.
    Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Thread Information