Forum Member

I take a couple of days off and you guys are still kicking a dead horse...

Damn.... it is really starting to stink...

Should we not think about burying the poor old thing?

It can't really bloat anymore you know...
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 08-07-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Forum Member

Tajm ..

Nice post.

It's pretty much a bunch of crap and distortions, but it showed one hell of a work ethic.

By the way though, it's my fire service jr, not yours.

I'm willing to let the horse rot if jr is.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    I don't drink but I've been a few times for class, thanks.
    If you're ever here, I'll buy you a hooker and have her make us sandwiches.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Tajm ..

Nice post.

It's pretty much a bunch of crap and distortions, but it showed one hell of a work ethic.

You should be calling him sir.

Your credibility here is 0.0
    IAFF

Forum Member

Tajm ..

Nice post.

oooooo sounds like Booby is irritated!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmattdvc View Post
    Ta,

If you ever find yourself in Anniston, AL, I'd like to buy you a beer.

Matt
    Same thing if you are ever in the Philadelphia metro area.

MembersZone Subscriber

nice save, and maybe he would not had survived if i had been the initial IC.
    being conservative and a little more cautious than most may cost me civilians that others would save, but that's my style.
    There's nothing you can do or say to make me think you have anything to do with my or anyone here's fire service.

The greatest hope for survival for both your men and citizens is the day you inevitably get fired and move again to infect another department.

I'm not a religious man but if there is a heaven and a hell, there's a special place in the latter for people like you.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Same thing if you are ever in the Philadelphia metro area.
    Thanks brother, I may just to see the phillies and red sox.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Did someone say sandwiches?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by LaFireEducator
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Truckie

That's a negative ghost rider, pattern is full....
    No worries though I got a donkey for the ***...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

Come one, quiet down guys, I can't hear the overwhelming amount of people agreeing with him privately.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I know damn well it won't change it but you back track and try and throw out these points that aren't true. It bothers me what you do because no matter how remote you think you are, it reflects on me. I don't want to be at FDIC and be associated with you. I don't want to be at LSU and be associated with you. I don't want to pass through your parish and a civilian see's my maltese cross on my shirt and assumes I have anything to do with you.
    I've seen some ****ty recruits. 18 year old kids who have never even held a hammer in their life, could barely keep their regulators in and on day one they were better firefighters and better men than you could dream of being. Your **** poor choice to give them less than the minimum reflects highly on your departments choices in both training and the decision to hire you. You bitch about doing customer service and how we should go the extra mile for our "customers" yet the buck stops at "just enough" when it comes to training your men to save lives (the citizens and their own). You damn near masturbate to the word safe, safety, reduced LODD, and everyone goes home and you allow your men to be trained to just one measly notch above lay civilian. You know what the best firefighter survival class is? It has nothing to do with window escapes, headfirst ladder escapes, or wire mazes but identifying threatening fire phenomenon and having the physical ability to avoid it. WITHOUT A DOUBT, you have neither abilities and from your words I highly doubt your men do too. You are a walking contradiction, the proverbial chief who lays off men but gives himself a raise, the SCBA advocate who lights up a cigarette after a call, the regional director whose 450 on the hoof and giving me a class on physical fitness.

You may not have made the decision to give such **** poor training to your guys but you're permitting it. You promote what you permit. My department wasn't prepared for high-rise fires. Up until 10 years ago, our tallest building was 8 stories. Now we have some up to 15. Designated high-rise packs did not exist in our trucks as they hadn't before and "weren't needed yet". I didn't rest until every truck company and every engine company with a highrise in their district had a highrise pack. I spent many nights designing the most user friendly fool proof kit I could come up with. My chief rejected the idea for 11 straight months (he's much like you). We gathered up old (yet still new in the box) hose and did it ourselves. I spent 300 bucks of my own money to buy the niche tools associated with a few. I was suspended for 3 shifts due to my actions. Through civil service board, I was allowed to come back on my second suspended shift and the packs were allowed to stay in their respective trucks and the chief had to order ones for the remaining engines and trucks. I did it for my men. Sad to say but my thoughts weren't on civilians or property but my men. I knew they'd make that push with what they had and fight their hearts out to get a hold of the fire and I wanted them to have the best tools they could so they'd have an edge on the fire and come out alive. That's what it means to make us a priority. Not "well until its against the law to do what we do, we ain't changing". Not "he probably would have died if it was up to me". Not "you won't strike out if you don't step up to the plate". Many guys on other shifts that are new probably have never met me, but they know I'm the guy who got the **** taken care of and didn't sit on my ***. Through the highrise training, my men became extremely proficient in the use of 2.5 inch hose which undoubtedly saved me and 3 other crew members lives in our aurora lodge fire in June.

You claim FF1 requires a class and considerable wait time, are you an instructor II? Give the kid a book, tell him to learn it, come back when he knows it, give him his practical, ask lsu to give him a test challenge, cert will give him the test and 3 day's later mail his certification off. Maximum of one week. You should be drug, physical, and interview testing him anyway or is it a walk in and here's somes bunker gear type of department?

You probably have high turnover because you suck. You probably suck because guys are stagnant. You are responsible for your men's well being both physical and mental. We all are. I'm responsible for all the men below me and even the men above me and they the same.

There are so many firefighters on this board, young and old, rookie and veteran, truck and engine, rural and urban, east coast and west coast...
    We disagree on a daily basis but the common thread we all share is the fact that we all like to fight fire and do our job. We may disagree on the methods or tools but we agree its our duty to actually do the job. We all know you don't belong here. You are not a firefighter, you are not an educator, you are not a brother. You are a mcdonalds manager with a badge. You are the very cancer of the fire service.

This fire service has given me more than I could ever payback, it took a very smart but very selfish young boy and made a proudly selfless man. I owe everything to the fire service and will defend it till the day I die. You are a threat to the very fabric of my life and the connecting threads of countless friends and brothers across this country.

I'm young, physically fit, and energetic and have no problem hounding you until you hang up your badge and leave my service.
    This is an absolutley ****ing awesome post. The last three paragraphs had me going "OH HELL YEAH!" My wife was like is there a way to say Kudos for that post?

Dude...Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    This is an absolutley ****ing awesome post. The last three paragraphs had me going "OH HELL YEAH!" My wife was like is there a way to say Kudos for that post?

Could not agree with you more. If I was in his area I would shake that man's hand and buy him a beer. Well said. Guys like that are the ones I look up to.
    Last edited by RyanK63; 08-08-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Forum Member

Originally Posted by tajm611

I know damn well it won't change it but you back track and try and throw out these points that aren't true. It bothers me what you do because no matter how remote you think you are, it reflects on me. I don't want to be at FDIC and be associated with you. I don't want to be at LSU and be associated with you. I don't want to pass through your parish and a civilian see's my maltese cross on my shirt and assumes I have anything to do with you.
    I've seen some ****ty recruits. 18 year old kids who have never even held a hammer in their life, could barely keep their regulators in and on day one they were better firefighters and better men than you could dream of being. Your **** poor choice to give them less than the minimum reflects highly on your departments choices in both training and the decision to hire you. You bitch about doing customer service and how we should go the extra mile for our "customers" yet the buck stops at "just enough" when it comes to training your men to save lives (the citizens and their own). You damn near masturbate to the word safe, safety, reduced LODD, and everyone goes home and you allow your men to be trained to just one measly notch above lay civilian. You know what the best firefighter survival class is? It has nothing to do with window escapes, headfirst ladder escapes, or wire mazes but identifying threatening fire phenomenon and having the physical ability to avoid it. WITHOUT A DOUBT, you have neither abilities and from your words I highly doubt your men do too. You are a walking contradiction, the proverbial chief who lays off men but gives himself a raise, the SCBA advocate who lights up a cigarette after a call, the regional director whose 450 on the hoof and giving me a class on physical fitness.

You may not have made the decision to give such **** poor training to your guys but you're permitting it. You promote what you permit. My department wasn't prepared for high-rise fires. Up until 10 years ago, our tallest building was 8 stories. Now we have some up to 15. Designated high-rise packs did not exist in our trucks as they hadn't before and "weren't needed yet". I didn't rest until every truck company and every engine company with a highrise in their district had a highrise pack. I spent many nights designing the most user friendly fool proof kit I could come up with. My chief rejected the idea for 11 straight months (he's much like you). We gathered up old (yet still new in the box) hose and did it ourselves. I spent 300 bucks of my own money to buy the niche tools associated with a few. I was suspended for 3 shifts due to my actions. Through civil service board, I was allowed to come back on my second suspended shift and the packs were allowed to stay in their respective trucks and the chief had to order ones for the remaining engines and trucks. I did it for my men. Sad to say but my thoughts weren't on civilians or property but my men. I knew they'd make that push with what they had and fight their hearts out to get a hold of the fire and I wanted them to have the best tools they could so they'd have an edge on the fire and come out alive. That's what it means to make us a priority. Not "well until its against the law to do what we do, we ain't changing". Not "he probably would have died if it was up to me". Not "you won't strike out if you don't step up to the plate". Many guys on other shifts that are new probably have never met me, but they know I'm the guy who got the **** taken care of and didn't sit on my ***. Through the highrise training, my men became extremely proficient in the use of 2.5 inch hose which undoubtedly saved me and 3 other crew members lives in our aurora lodge fire in June.

You claim FF1 requires a class and considerable wait time, are you an instructor II? Give the kid a book, tell him to learn it, come back when he knows it, give him his practical, ask lsu to give him a test challenge, cert will give him the test and 3 day's later mail his certification off. Maximum of one week. You should be drug, physical, and interview testing him anyway or is it a walk in and here's somes bunker gear type of department?

You probably have high turnover because you suck. You probably suck because guys are stagnant. You are responsible for your men's well being both physical and mental. We all are. I'm responsible for all the men below me and even the men above me and they the same.

There are so many firefighters on this board, young and old, rookie and veteran, truck and engine, rural and urban, east coast and west coast...
    We disagree on a daily basis but the common thread we all share is the fact that we all like to fight fire and do our job. We may disagree on the methods or tools but we agree its our duty to actually do the job. We all know you don't belong here. You are not a firefighter, you are not an educator, you are not a brother. You are a mcdonalds manager with a badge. You are the very cancer of the fire service.

This fire service has given me more than I could ever payback, it took a very smart but very selfish young boy and made a proudly selfless man. I owe everything to the fire service and will defend it till the day I die. You are a threat to the very fabric of my life and the connecting threads of countless friends and brothers across this country.

I'm young, physically fit, and energetic and have no problem hounding you until you hang up your badge and leave my service.
    Originally Posted by FyredUp

I wholeheartedly agree with my Brother from 'burbs of Beertown".. that was so beautiful, there's a tear welling up in my right eye...
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

There's nothing you can do or say to make me think you have anything to do with my or anyone here's fire service.

The greatest hope for survival for both your men and citizens is the day you inevitably get fired and move again to infect another department.

I'm not a religious man but if there is a heaven and a hell, there's a special place in the latter for people like you.
    I'm just curious ...

Do you have this much contempt for the members of the LSFA who a few years ago voted to support a 50-hour course as the state standard over your precious FFI?

Do you have this much contempt for the hundreds of small departments, as well as thier Chiefs and training Officers, in the state that use the 20ish hour NFPA 1403 as tier department standards? How about the tens of thousands of departments, as well as thier Chiefs and Training Officers, whose training standard isn't even close to FFI?

I'm just curious how you feel about those besides me whose training, in your eyes, isn't close to what you see as inferior because they don't use FFI as thier minimum?

Again, the folks up here know that I do the job when the job requires us to take risks. I don't take risks simply because they are part of the job.

As far as my opinion of you sir, you seem to be cocky. arrogant SOB who has an overinflated view of what a FF should be. I'm more than happy to hang around and get the respect of the rural boys as compared to you.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 08-08-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Forum Member

I'm just curious ...

Do you have this much contempt for the members of the LSFA who a few years ago voted to support a 50-hour course as the state standard over your precious FFI?

Do you have this much contempt for the hundreds of small departments, as well as thier Chiefs and training Officers, in the state that use the 20ish hour NFPA 1403 as tier department standards? How about the tens of thousands of departments, as well as thier Chiefs and Training Officers, whose training standard isn't even close to FFI?

I'm just curious how you feel about those besides me whose training, in your eyes, isn't close to what you see as inferior because they don't use FFI as thier minimum?

Again, the folks up here know that I do the job when the job requires us to take risks. I don't take risks simply because they are part of the job.

As far as my opinion of you sir, you seem to be cocky. arrogant SOB who has an overinflated view of what a FF should be. I'm more than happy to hang around and get the respect of the rural boys as compared to you.
    oooooooooo someone is definitely irritated!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Booby, get a fooking clue.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    oooooooooo someone is definitely irritated!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Booby, get a fooking clue.
    No, frustrated.

The fact is the members of the state firefighter's association, which represents a wide mix of primarily volunteer departments statewide voted down FFI as the state minimum a few years ago at the state convention and instead adopted a 50-hour course as the proposed state minimum.

Yet despite this tajm still insists that there is overwhelming support statewide for FFI to be the state minimum training standard, when it was clearly demonstrated that was not the case.

The simple fact is most volunteer chiefs do not want it as the state minimum as it would have a significant effect on manpower and membership, and given LSUs funding level, LSU simply would not be able to support it with enough instructors and classes.

BTW, the above proposed standard subsequently failed to get out odf committee and there has been action since on a state minimum.

As far as the other crap .. well it's crap.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 08-08-2011 at 08:29 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Add "disgrace to the profession" to the list please...

Forum Member

No, frustrated.

The fact is the members of the state firefighter's association, which represents a wide mix of primarily volunteer departments statewide voted down FFI as the state minimum a few years ago at the state convention and instead adopted a 50-hour course as the proposed state minimum.
    Note the words "primarliy volunteer departments"...

Yet despite this tajm still insists that there is overwhelming support statewide for FFI to be the state minimum training standard, when it was clearly demonstrated that was not the case.
    Translation: "we aint gonna to let them "big city boys" tell us how to train our people.. ater all, we 're volunteers and should not be held to "professional standards...

The simple fact is most volunteer chiefs do not want it as the state minimum as it would have a significant effect on manpower and membership, and given LSUs funding level, LSU simply would not be able to support it with enough instructors and classes.

BTW, the above proposed standard subsequently failed to get out odf committee and there has been action since on a state minimum.
    Probably because the chiefs woud fail FF1 themselves?

As far as the other crap .. well it's crap.
    You should know it, for that is what you constantly spew....
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Why would somebody use 1403 for their basic entry level fire training?

Thread Information