Forum Member

Default Fouts Fire Apparatus

Hello,

My department is looking to purchase a Brush/Light Rescue from Fouts Fire Apparatus in Smyrna, Georgia. Has anyone on here dealt with them? I am just trying to get a feel for the customer service from Fouts. Also If you have purchased a brush truck or a rescue from them tell me when you got it and what you like most about it or least about it. Thanks for the help and stay safe!!

Forum Member

Got a Fouts light rescue in 2007 on a F-550 chassis. Four years in, no problems...wiring all functional, doors & rollout tray operate smoothly, truck is balanced well and drives well. No complaints.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Default Fouts Brush Truck

We have a Fouts "brush truck" bought specifically for a parking garage. It's basically a brush truck but without all the heavy plates underneath and off-road tires. It' s a 2001 model built on a F450. It's a large gas engine that gets poor mileage, a diesel would be better. It has about 12,000 miles, performs flawlessly. For a compact truck it is outfitted well - booster reel, two pre-connects, compartments for 2 SCBA, medical equipment, tools, and it has a winch.

Forum Member

A couple of departments north of here have wetside tankers from Fouts. They are both very happy with the trucks.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Their ad caught my eye for replacing one of our pumpers in two years. Quad cab commercial chassis, no frils andwe can get an updagraded pump and the starting price looks good.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are other manufacturers that can provide that same price range truck. Remember to add the costs for moving the truck from GA to MI. If the FD will spec no frills, all the trucks get cheaper.

Forum Member

Yep I've found ones that are closer, just wanted to get a series of quotes to see what cvosts range would be.

MembersZone Subscriber

Regardless of price consider the following...

1 The no frills rig will likely be in service up to thirty years... Will the builder still be around to back up the product?

2 Is the builder close enough to make warranty work feaseable?

3 Will the rig last 10-15-20-30 + years? Quality counts. Doors that dont look like they will hold up and valve arms that are super stiff do not generally get better with age.

4 This brings me to the look at examples in your area before you buy... We bought a tanker a couple years ago and a couple of manufactures were eliminated with a good looksy.

5 DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Jumping in at the sales pitch and not really checking out what you are getting will only lead to heartache.

6 Make a list of all the things this rig HAS to be able to do...Dont compromise on this list. No Frills does cannot mean you accept a rig that wont perform the necessary tasks you have to perform

Good luck... Oh, Fouts was one we eliminated after a looksy... I have no ill will towards them. This decision was made after comparing a dozen examples..
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Thread Information